X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Group Protests pardoned Turkey's going to Disneyland

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Group protests turkeys at Disneyland - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

[/COLOR]

Yes, because they will be SO mistreated at Disneyland. The fact that past pardoned Turkey's have lived long lives at Disneyland should be enough.
    These guys need to "get a life".
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

They don't have one hell of a lot to do at Farm Spanktuary, do they. Disney should give these do gooders a bird for the next ten years or so... and revoke their annual Two-Day passes while they are at it.
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I guess I shouldn't own a dog since Farm Sanctuary clearly knows how to better care for animals than I do.

They are just bitter because they want a piece of the publicity, too. Aww... Too bad.

Comment

Wow. Lotta hatred in this thread for people who care about animals. Where were you when Michael Vick needed you?

Comment

I counter-protest! Those turkeys should go to hungry families on Thanksgiving!

mmmm...Turkey....

Comment

I find it interesting that the very same people who make a regular habit of mocking vegetarians, vegans, or animal rights activists are also incredibly quick to take offense at any suggestion that they are callous, unkind, ill-mannered, ignorant, and/or mean-spirited.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                I find it interesting that the very same people who make a regular habit of mocking vegetarians, vegans, or animal rights activists are also incredibly quick to take offense at any suggestion that they are callous, unkind, ill-mannered, ignorant, and/or mean-spirited.
                Are you actually trying to "Throw the Vegetarian Card" Here? :lol: (Ref. the term "Throw the Race Card")

It's a free world. There's a full range of folks out there, ranging from Vegetarian - Vegan - Ovo-Lacto Veggie - Restricted Meat Eater (Fish and Chicken Only is a popular one) - Omnivore - to full on Carnivore

DO NOT try to create a "Protected Class" out of this, or you'll have both sides mad at you.

There are valid points and thoughts on both sides of the argument, and it's a matter of how you were raised and how you choose to live your life - and either side is allowed to mock the other for their perceived "weaknesses", as long as it remains firmly in the spirit of fun.

I'm an Omnivore, I'll have a little of everything (within reason) for a balanced diet - but I still believe Vegetables are what Food Eats. :lmao: There are lots of languages in this world (I don't want to single any one out in particular) where the word "vegetarian" translates to "lousy hunter" :roll: And I'll stop here... Oops, gotta go! :mob:

--<< Bruce >>--
                There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                  Are you actually trying to "Throw the Vegetarian Card" Here? :lol: (Ref. the term "Throw the Race Card")
                  This is what I was thinking. I don't see vegetarians being blasted where I find this to be a silly protest. If I see Al Sharpton protesting that a black eye is offensive and we should call it a burised eye I would find that to be a foolish protest. Has nothing to do with the race or diet choice.

Comment

OMGGGGGG Some ppl are so stupid! The whole pardon the turkey thing is a fun tradition but to actually bother our president with a petition to send the pardoned bird somewhere other then the traditional place is absurd. Stupid bird brained people...ugh.... I cant stand ppl like this :S

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                      DO NOT try to create a "Protected Class" out of this, or you'll have both sides mad at you.
                      Wow, what an assumption. A call for common decency and respect for others gets labeled an attempt at creating a protected class? Seriously?

Conservatism thy name is hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                        Wow, what an assumption. A call for common decency and respect for others gets labeled an attempt at creating a protected class? Seriously?

Conservatism thy name is hypocrisy.
                        No hypocrisy involved, I just don't want them to follow the usual pattern. Someone throws the first brick-bat, then they run and hide behind the mantle of "You can't say anything nasty about us, we are (the minority group) and it's not fair!!"

Vegetarians and Omnivores and Carnivores all have to take active steps to get along. Getting angry isn't going to help. We have to provide them with decent dining options, and they have to not protest our choices in life - we don't protest theirs.

And you can relieve a lot of that tension with innocent laughter, and honest discussion.

--<< Bruce >>--
                        There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

As usual, the story in the paper does not relate perhaps the most important piece of information that readers need to form an accurate opinion of the situation with these turkeys. That fact is that the turkey that is most commonly raised in the United States is a hybrid bird that will only live an average of about 18 months regardless of the quality of care it receives.

The bottom line is that Disney is doing a fine job of taking care of these birds and if the sanctuary is getting any of the birds to live more than 18 months or so it is pure luck and not the quality of care they are receiving.

By the way, I do know what I am speaking of because I have several friends and relatives who have raised turkeys commercially for many years and I have worked with them as well.

Comment

^ Thanks for the post Jasper. Nice to hear the opinion of somebody with some knowledge on the subject.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X