Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much will Princess and the Frog make Opening weekend?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: How much will Princess and the Frog make Opening weekend?

$24.7 million

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

"One billion dollars!"

Comment

maybe over the course of the films domestic and internation run Barbossa... UP is the current highest grossing flim for Disney/pixar. It would be nice if it was close to the 600-700 range

Comment

Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
          The competition for the weekend of the 11th in terms of new releases is:
          Did you hear about the Morgans
          Invictus
          The lovely Bones
          A single man
          Morgans is being released on the 18th, not the 11th.
          The only ofter competition would be Invictus, for it looks like a powerful bio film and may win an Oscar for Morgan Freeman.

Lovely Bones is ,directed by Peter Jackson, about a murdered girl watching over her family from her own version of heaven. I also see this fighting for top spot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqKjVo-9qso"]Invictus[/ame]
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUWKi0W5_g"]The Lovely Bones[/ame]
          Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
          Think of it as a third arm that magically
          shoots bullets!

Comment

Okay , edited out 'The Morgans' from my post above:

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
            Competition is too strong a word here.

'The Princess and the Frog' is scheduled to open on 3,000+ screens 12/11.

All of the others are opening that day in either limited (a few cities) release or in 'The Lovely Bones' case, an exclusive L.A./NY engagement, typically two screens. They're all opening for Oscar-qualifying runs.

Big Easy money. Great placement by WDP Distribution.
            Even better. Thanks Sony for pushing to the 18th.
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
              Morgans is being released on the 18th, not the 11th.
              The only ofter competition would be Invictus, for it looks like a powerful bio film and may win an Oscar for Morgan Freeman.

Lovely Bones is ,directed by Peter Jackson, about a murdered girl watching over her family from her own version of heaven. I also see this fighting for top spot.

Invictus
              The Lovely Bones
              Those two movies aren't really in direct competition with Princess and the Frog. Two totally different demographics.

Comment

True Sir C.

Also Disney has a G - general audiences rated film

'The Lovely Bones' PG-13 (for mature thematic material involving disturbing violent content and images, and some language)

'Invictus' PG-13 (for brief strong language)
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Hmm once again boxofficemojo.com is out of date, it shows morgans as opening the same the weekend as princess and the frog. I really feel though princess and the frog will have strong legs all the way through christmas and into the new year.

Comment

put me down for about 20 million range.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                      put me down for about 20 million range.
                      Wow Rex, have you no faith in this film??? even chicken little grossed in the 30 million range opening weekend and that film was just ok...

Comment

the movie just dosen't seem interested to me thats all.

Comment

So 30 reviews are in so far on rottentomatoes.com 25 fresh (positive) and 5 (rotten) the ones that are rotten are consistent disney bashers...

Comment

The one factor that could drive business down for princess and the frog is the blind side... Its the feel good movie of the year, it even took down new moon this weekend.

Comment

Yea, but this is the 3rd weekend The Blind Side would have been out, so I doubt it will take the attention off of The Princess and The Frog. I can see the little children running to the theaters already for this one!

Comment

Third weekend for Blind Side, and it overtakes the number one position is a pretty darn good feat for a film. Let alone a small film.

Comment

Lee's Movie Info :: Box Office & Beyond early tracking numbers are in and it doesnt bode well as expected for princess and the frog this website is predicting a 25 million opening weekend...

Hollywood stock exchange has it at 30.0 million..
                                  Last edited by lighttragic; 12-09-2009, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
                                    Lee's Movie Info :: Box Office & Beyond early tracking numbers are in and it doesnt bode well as expected for princess and the frog this website is predicting a 25 million opening weekend...

Hollywood stock exchange has it at 30.0 million..

Weekend Box Office puts it at 26 million estimated..

Comment

I'm going with $40-$50 the first weekend then it will drop the second week due to Avatar. I really looking foward to Avatar more the The Princess and the Frog.
                                      "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Saturday Update

Saturday Update: Disney shot to number one with the nationwide expansion of its traditionally animated film The Princess and the Frog which collected an estimated $7M from 3,434 locations on Friday in its first day of wide release. The gross did not match up to the figures posted by this year's top toons which were computer-animated and presented in 3D with higher ticket prices. However, it was a solid debut for December which is a month when films tend to have smaller openings but longer legs with kids and adults getting plenty of time off as Christmas approaches and schools close. Princess should have no problem becoming the sixth animated movie of 2009 to break the $100M mark in the weeks ahead. For this weekend, a Friday-to-Sunday tally of $23-25M should be possible.
                                        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

$23 million?

Ouch.

Maybe it was all that trading sexual favors for money that turned off the potential Christian family market

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X