Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much will Princess and the Frog make Opening weekend?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much will Princess and the Frog make Opening weekend?

Time Magazine came out with the Top 10 Movies of 2009 and the P and the Frog was number 1. UP was number 2. So its not the Movie. I plan to see it this weekend. It looks like its going to get crushed by Avatar.

The Christmas Carol Ticket sales increased during the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Comment

I think Disney assumed that just because this is a 2D movie about a princess it would automatically make huge numbers.
      No, Disney was very careful on how they marketed the film, but rather than focus on items of main stream appeal (story and music) most of the major (and minor) press focused on the heroines skin color. Which I think is/was a major distraction.

But I wouldn't worry too much, the big money is still to be made in home video,and I bet you right now, the suits are scrambling to make sure that the message "THE FROG PRINCESS IS FOR EVERY FAMILY!" doesn't get lost in all the PC back patting.

Comment

It's a lot easier to participate in the poll now that we know the box office results.

Comment

Ha, funny

Comment

Originally posted by disneysnout View Post
            Time Magazine came out with the Top 10 Movies of 2009 and the P and the Frog was number 1. UP was number 2. So its not the Movie. I plan to see it this weekend. It looks like its going to get crushed by Avatar.

The Christmas Carol Ticket sales increased during the Thanksgiving Holiday.
            You also have to remember the film did open on a limited release in NYC and LA 2 weeks ago, so those numbers should technically be added to this past weekend's wide release numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by clairebear View Post
              You also have to remember the film did open on a limited release in NYC and LA 2 weeks ago, so those numbers should technically be added to this past weekend's wide release numbers.
              But that take was only like 2.x million - not a whole lot - and certainly not enough to change anything radically.
              Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
              Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
              Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Yea, but just something to consider. Especially since that film was open in those large cities for an entire 2 weeks before the wide release...I was just shining light on that detail.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X