Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

ROY E. DISNEY has died

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROY E. DISNEY has died

The Associated Press has just announced
    that Roy E. Disney has passed away.

Roy Edward Disney, KCSG (born January 10, 1930, died December 16, 2009) was a longtime senior executive for The Walt Disney Company, which his father Roy Oliver Disney and his uncle Walt Disney founded. He was a shareholder (over 16 million shares or about 1%),[1] and served as a consultant for the company and Director Emeritus for the Board of Directors. He is perhaps best known for organizing the ousting of two top Disney executives: first, Ron Miller in 1984, and then Michael Eisner in 2005. He graduated from Pomona College in 1951. He died today. RIP.

More info coming
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Re: ROY E. DISNEY has died

Very sad news.
    sigpic

Comment

My heart goes out to the entire Disney family

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...9.photogallery

Comment

This is very sad news. Roy was a favorite of MiceChat readers. His Save Disney campaign resulted in the downfall of Eisner and the rebirth of creativity at the company. His focus on smaller projects at the company, like Disney Nature and short films, helped groom a new generation of tallent. He will be sorely missed.
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
        Save

Comment

So sad!

Roy Edward Disney dies at 79; nephew of Walt helped revive animation -- latimes.com

Comment

Roy's efforts through savedisney.com were the impetus behind my renewed love for the Walt Disney Company, and the reason I joined the micechat community. I'm sure many Disney afficionados can say that Roy's passion and dedication for his predecessors' legacy helped them see Disney as more than just a company.
            Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

Such a sad day. I am glad I had the chance to meet Roy twice. I find it very sad that yesterday was the anniversary of Walt's passing and today is also the day the Lillian passed away on back in 1997.

Comment

I am tremendously saddened by this news. The man who twice saved Disney is now gone. I shudder to think what could happen without his moral compass guiding the helm.
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                Save

Comment

This is very sad news. RIP Roy.

I hope that there will be another person from the Disney family that will take up the role that Roy has left behind and be more than just a figurehead.

Comment

Very sad indeed...

Can someone fix the front page though?

It says:

"Sad news to report. Roy E. Disney, grandson of Walt Disney and modern patriarch of the Disney Company, has passed away. "
                    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

Such sad news. Met and saw him a few times on the lot. Was always the nicest guy. He'll be missed.

Comment

It doesn't feel real. Man, we lost a lot of important people this year and now Roy?
                        www.youtube.com/lundopictures

Comment

Interesting that he passed away right after Disney finally returned to hand-drawn animation.
                          I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Terrible news. Kind thoughts go out to the Disney Family.

Comment

May the torch of passion he had for Walt's dream be passed on into capable hands.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X