Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Captain EO coming back to Disneyland Feburary 2010

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain EO coming back to Disneyland Feburary 2010

It's official, the long rumored return of Captain EO to Disneyland is happening in February 2010. Originally rumored to return by Al Lutz in an article back in July, there were many delays leading to this announcement.

Captain EO originally ran from 1986 - 1997, but now a whole new group of Disneyland guests will get to experience Michael Jackson on the big screen.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience will be removed from the Magic Eye Theater in the coming weeks. Captain EO will have a special limited-run engagement, and no plans have been announced for the theater after this run.

Be sure to stay tuned to MiceChat (follow us on twitter) to keep up with the latest information and rumors about the return of this classic Disney attraction.

• addicted2disney
    replied
    Re: Captain EO coming back to Disneyland Feburary 2010

Does anyone know how long a "limited engagement" is, Idon't go back til thanksgiving this year and I hope it's there that long... heck the 50th lasted 2 years it seemed like, so one can hope

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

I hope so, they may decide to cheap out on us. No, Disney would never do that.

Leave a comment:

• sunrider
    replied

good news for you EO /jackson fans is they are adding things in from the original..so the limited run will be CAPT EO the special edition..so the show will be longer..by how much i do not know..so..you guys will have more fun and get to hear two songs that were cut from the video befor...

Leave a comment:

• BC_DisneyGeek
    replied

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that for a board that usually criticizes Disney heavily for allowing attractions to go too long without being replaced or updated that so many people are exctied to see a 2 decades old, out of date film return. Are people just excited because they hate HISTA so much or because Michael Jackson died?
    We all have a favorite attraction from the past we'd love to experience again. There have been, and will be, many threads on the subject.

For me, I'd love to have Adventures Through Inner Space back, but it would not be feasible to re-build an old attraction for nostalgia's sake.

Bringing back a 3D movie however, requires significantly less money.

I think it's great they are able to do this and bring back a beloved attraction for people to enjoy again for a brief period.

I don't recall being overly impressed with EO myself, and wonder how dated it will feel, but I support its return whole heartedly.

Leave a comment:

• Yzma's_Apprentice
    replied

Does anyone know the actual date of the opening? I am donning my red, orange and blue strip shirt and want to be first in line!!!

Leave a comment:

• addiction41999
    replied

I just hope they do a bit of restoration to the film before it's released. New technology could bring the absolute best out of this picture.

Hooray for disney and I will be out there A.S.A.P. to see this classic. Thank goodness for living in California!! :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• hurricanecolby !
    replied

when i heard this news, a small tear of joy trickled down my cheek.

Leave a comment:

• SillySpook
    replied

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Are people just excited because they hate HISTA so much or because Michael Jackson died?
    For most of us, the answer is neither. People are excited because they've seen Captain EO and liked it, or they are excited to see it for the first time. Please don't assume that we are motivated by hatred or morbid curiosity, it's an insult to people who genuinely like the film in particular and/or Michael Jackson in general.

We can agree to disagree; each person has her/his own artistic taste, so if you aren't excited about Captain EO, then you are 100% entitled to your opinion (and you won't have to worry about standing in line for it), just like we are 100% entitled to like it if we are so inclined.

Leave a comment:

• DfyingGrvity4Good
    replied

:yea:YAY!!!! I haven't seen EO before so I'm WAAAY stoked!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• kurtisaurus
    replied

For me it's a combo of that fact that I actually liked EO back in the day and also that it's a real nostalgia boost for me. Tomorrowland in particular has great memories for me from the older days and this is a little bit of bringing back the "good ol days" for me. Now if they threw in the Peoplemover redux and put the Astro Orbitor back on top of the Peoplemover queue we'd be approaching perfection

Leave a comment:

• kirbilicious
    replied

I'm a bit surprised that for a board that usually criticizes Disney heavily for allowing attractions to go too long without being replaced or updated that so many people are exctied to see a 2 decades old, out of date film return. Are people just excited because they hate HISTA so much or because Michael Jackson died?

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by Scream162 View Post
    ^Obviously... but after 2 months how many shows do you think are actually going to fill to capacity? It's really something no one, even Disneyland management, can predict.
    It is tough to predict but management already knew HISTA didn't draw many people at all. My only concern is if Kodak is still going to sponser the theater. A bad as HISTA was it still had a coporate sponsership which is good money for Disneyland.

If EO lasts less than a year I'd be surprised. It's got a pretty big following despite its Lead Actor's polarizing personality and actions.

Leave a comment:

• dland_lover
    replied

Originally posted by Scary Scott View Post
    ~shows a little kid watching EO~ it looks like jacksons coming right at me!
    ~then michael jackson jumps out of the screen and take the kid!~
    In all seriousness though I cant wait to see this when I can its ben years since I have seen it!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_NvTkcnU3s]YouTube - Family Guy (Captain EO)[/ame]

:whistling

I'll go and watch it once, but just because I never watched it in the park. My parents don't like him and I don't like him, which is why we never saw it, but I'd like to see it how it's supposed to be and not some crappy YouTube video. Of course, I'll still cringe in my seat when I see it again, but at least it'll be in 3D. lol

Leave a comment:

• Scream162
    replied

^Obviously... but after 2 months how many shows do you think are actually going to fill to capacity? It's really something no one, even Disneyland management, can predict.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X