• Circarama
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirate Wench
    Very good book!
    I'll 2nd that emotion!

Leave a comment:

• Emelius_Browne
    replied
    Not that this is new information, but the Mouse Tales series have always been my favorite to read.

Leave a comment:

• desertdweller
    replied
    I have not read this but the reviews have been very good and the library is putting a reserve on it for me. Lots of information on the planning stages and building of DL and supposedly a "must read" for anyone considering a career in theme parks.

Walt's Revolution!: By The Numbers

By Harrison "Buzz" Price

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied
    Once Upon An American Dream: The Story of EURO Disneyland by Andrew Lainsbury
    The history of the development of Euro Disney up through about 1999. May be seemed a bit dull to those that do not enjoy nonfiction but should captivate a Disney park fan.

The Pirates and the Mouse: Disney's War Against the Counter Culture by Bob Levin
    The story of Dan O'Neil, a hippie cartoonist who started a rather explict comic book that used the Disney characters. A good stroy that is told in a well written way.

The Gospel According to Disney: Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust by Mark Pinsky
    Looks at the values that are presented in a good number of the Disney animated features. Pinsky sort of confused me a bit with his take but interesting none the less.

And, of course, DisneyWar: The Battle for the Magic Kingdom. I'm about 3/5 of the way through and it is very good so far.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Wench
    replied
    Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005, 09:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Disguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirate Wench
    Walt Disney Imagineering is a great book.

I love The Ultimate Visual Guide.
    I have Walt Disney Imagineering and I agree it is a great book
    The mouse tales books just came in from B&N! Due to the fact of B&N not having many books about Disney last weekend, I picked up Disney War. So far, not the greatest of books IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Wench
    replied
    Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Retlaw Yensid
    replied
    Originally posted by desertdweller
    I realize you've already ordered your books but I had to put my two cents in for one to consider. It is Remembering Walt: A Memory Of Walt Disney by Howard E. Green.

Howard is a friend of mine and has been with Disney Studios Animation Division for I believe more than 20 years and is currently vice president for publicity. With his history with the company and access to the Nine Old Men and others it was a great idea to put together a book of remembrances from people who actually knew Walt and worked with him.

I think the essence of Disney is perfectly captured very well in this book and is an important addition to my library.
    I'm reading this book on and on now, I love the stories. Some I have read before in an american original and how to be like walt, but they must be great stories if they make three books.

Leave a comment:

• desertdweller
    replied
    I realize you've already ordered your books but I had to put my two cents in for one to consider. It is Remembering Walt: A Memory Of Walt Disney by Howard E. Green.

Howard is a friend of mine and has been with Disney Studios Animation Division for I believe more than 20 years and is currently vice president for publicity. With his history with the company and access to the Nine Old Men and others it was a great idea to put together a book of remembrances from people who actually knew Walt and worked with him.

I think the essence of Disney is perfectly captured very well in this book and is an important addition to my library.

Leave a comment:

• Disguy
    replied
    Thanks everyone for all your suggestions I ordered a couple from B&N (Mouse Tales) and going to B&N today to find a couple more. Borders had nothing last night.

My strange ways tells me I must have all the books I want before I start reading one. Got to love my weird head :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Not Afraid
    replied
    duplicate

Leave a comment:

• Not Afraid
    replied
    Lashbear has a GREAT list collected at Amazon. Beats me if I can find it now.

Some of my favorites off the top of my head because I'm too lazy to walk out to my moderately extensive collection:
    • The Nickle Tour
    • Mouse Tales and sequels
    • Walt Disney's Nine Old Men and the Art of Animation
    • The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation
    • Designing Disney: Imagineering and the Art of the Show
    • Encyclopedia of Walt Disney's Animated Characters : From Mickey Mouse to Hercules
    • Designing Disney's Theme Parks : The Architecture of Reassurance
    • The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies
    • Disney : The First 100 Years
    • Disney A to Z

Leave a comment:

• AnotherPixie
    replied
    My top picks are:

Remembering Walt Disney and Disneyland, the Nickel Tour.

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied
    I say DisneyWar for good gossip and Remembering Walt for the quotes and stories.
    The DLP book is pretty awesome as well, but not found at your local store.

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied
    How to be like Walt,
    and Walt Disney an American original by Bob Thomas
    I got one on amazon for less then $5 dollars. If You want a good remmebrance book of the man from close friends and family, Remembering Walt, Favorite memories of Walt Disney. Try those also Save disney has a really good reading list as well. Good luck Disguy!

Leave a comment:

• Malibu Minion
    replied
    Yes, the Mouse Tale Books by David Koening are the best

Amazon

Mouse Tales: A Behind-The-Ears Look at Disneyland

More Mouse Tales: A Closer Peek Backstage at Disneyland

Mouse Under Glass : Secrets of Disney Animation and Theme Parks

Leave a comment:

• libraryvixen
    replied
    I've always enjoyed the Mice Tale books. They make me giggle. I mean.. how stupid do you have to be to try and jump the monorail track?

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Wench
    replied
    Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005, 09:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Wench
    replied
    Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005, 09:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Retlaw Yensid
    replied
    How to be Like Walt is good
    or
    Walt Disney: An American Original by Bob Thomas

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X