Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

'Up' rises past 'Ratatouille'

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Up' rises past 'Ratatouille'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i5b1f69da4015d79cb5fced851c896918?pn=2
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Up' rises past 'Ratatouille'

Hmmm... I mean, in my not so humble opinion, I thought "Up" was good but not that good. Oh well. I love them both.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
      Hmmm... I mean, in my not so humble opinion, I thought "Up" was good but not that good. Oh well. I love them both.

I agree, My two favorite Pix Flix.....,. Incredibles & Rattatouille. Go Brad Byrd.

Comment

Up is a weird movie for me. It's a rare movie that I really liked at first but didn't like as much after seeing it again.

Comment

I really enjoyed Up...More than Ratatouille, actually. It will be interesting to see how Toy Story 3 will compare in the numbers

Comment

Sorry, we saw 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs' recently, and I'm sorry to say I think it's better than 'Up'. Everything in CWACOM fit together, in Up, I was scratching my head why they put the (kind of dumb) talking dogs in it. It seemed for no reason than they wanted to put something different in it. Muntz is an explorer, and I don't think of explorers being able to invent a talking machine. Pixar movies are good, but somehow are lacking, and I can't exactly put my finger on it. I also watched Wizard of Oz recently, and none of the Pixar movies, except maybe Finding Nemo comes even close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by bowlingman7 View Post
              I agree, My two favorite Pix Flix.....,. Incredibles & Rattatouille. Go Brad Byrd.

Ditto for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykin Kid View Post
                Sorry, we saw 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs' recently, and I'm sorry to say I think it's better than 'Up'. Everything in CWACOM fit together, in Up, I was scratching my head why they put the (kind of dumb) talking dogs in it. It seemed for no reason than they wanted to put something different in it. Muntz is an explorer, and I don't think of explorers being able to invent a talking machine. Pixar movies are good, but somehow are lacking, and I can't exactly put my finger on it. I also watched Wizard of Oz recently, and none of the Pixar movies, except maybe Finding Nemo comes even close to that.
                In general I agree with all that you are saying. I think Meatballs was one of the most entertaining and well constructed films this year and did not get the attention that it deserved. However the technical quality of Pixar's computer animation is still unsurpassed. Also while I agree that Up's storyline does feel somewhat patched together the movie has sufficient emotional pull to make me see it twice in theaters...something I do with very few movies these days, and something I would not consider for Meatballs. As far as the talking dogs go...I immediately thought of that element plus airship plus little doggie airplanes as being homages to similar elements found in Hayao Miyazaki's films.
                Down with the Hat

Comment

I can't grasp what I am hearing! To each his own but I love Ratatouille and UP, and think that at the core both are wonderful stories. God forbid kids would have a movie option that was sensitive and true to what real life can be like. UP is a wonderful love story and I like, that mixed in with all of the true to life emotion there is also some humor (ie talking dogs). Dug is sweet and teaches kids that umong piers its okay to be kind and if that makes you, "diffrent", oh well. Same thing with Remy from Ratatouille, he goes against the grain and comes out on top.
                  Not to mention the superior animation!

Since sales have been so good, I only wish that would mean more UP merchandise!!!
                  Jewish American Disney Princess

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X