This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Walt Disney" by Neal Gabler

i got this hefty priced book at disneyland about a week & a 1/2 ago....
    it is BY FAR the best biography ive read about Mr. Disney & maybe even the best biography ive ever read. definitly well worth the price.

has anybody else read this book?

the book is more about walt as a child and animation process, not so much DLR (only one chapter dedicated to it)...... ive gotten a little over 1/2 way with the book & just finished the chapter on Snow White.

the reason Neal Gabler's book is so interesting is, (& im actually surprised i found it @ Disneyland) - Neal Gabler doesnt sugar coat anything. if Walt was wrong @ something, it states it. his attention to detail is wonderful!

gives u more of an understanding of the man behind the mouse. (& no, not Ubbe Iwwerks) lol
    The Original LOST BOY

Re: "Walt Disney" by Neal Gabler

I've got it but haven't read it yet. I did read the Michael Eisner story called "Disney Wars" that I found to be extremely interesting. Its on my to read list however.

Comment

One of the greatest biographies I've ever read. I usually zip through books, but this one took me a couple of months to finish because I was fascinated and savoring every bit of it.
      MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
      (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

i've been reading this thing almost every waking hour....

my fiance is getting kinda sick of it.... but wow.... it's a great story.
        The Original LOST BOY

Comment

Fantastic book! Really follows Walt's life step by step. Excellent writing also, so makes it a easy and fascinating read for any Disney fan.
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I thought it was very thorough and well researched; but I read that Diane Disney and the Disney family were NOT involved, that they do NOT approve of this biography even though it was tacitly approved by the Company. Anyone else heard more about this?
            MiceChat from Main Street.
            MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

Comment

I loved this book because it didn't seek to hide problems or faults at all. It felt like it was written by someone who was interested in getting what really happened without protecting feelings. I liked that. He wasn't a bad person at all, just human like the rest of us. This is one of my favorite books.

Originally posted by Rongo View Post
              [...]but I read that Diane Disney and the Disney family were NOT involved, that they do NOT approve of this biography even though it was tacitly approved by the Company. Anyone else heard more about this?
              I don't see how they couldn't approve, they had to give him access to personal family letters and other material, and the Disney Company gave him access to internal records and memos as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I read it, too, cover to cover. I found the foreword especially interesting!
                sigpic
                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I read this book about a year ago and found it to be a great read. I actually pulled it out of my book box to read it again just a few days ago.

Comment

Love it...I love how Neal got into specific details on Walt's life and what motivatied him to pursue his dreams. I also loved how he chronicled both his struggles and achievements. I highly recommend it to anybody who is a Disney fan.
                    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Truly a great biography.
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Great book just 20 pages left. So glad i bought it. I feel that i know alot more about the man. I sure hes looking down from heaven and being prod of what he gave eveyone.the greatest place man has built.

Comment

It actually got me more interested in not just walt's work, but disney as a company..........
                          The Original LOST BOY

Comment

Another excellent bio is "How To Be Like Walt". Strongly recommend it.
                            DTL :love:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X