Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Store to Open Innovative Store in Times Square (Merged)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Store to Open Innovative Store in Times Square (Merged)

The store on 5th Ave closed at the end of Dec.

Disney Store Innovates Times Square Retail with All-New Magical Shopping Experience Opening Fall 2010

<...>

Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Re: Disney Store to Open Innovative Store in Times Square

I think that Steve Jobs was involved with this project as well. Amazing ideas. Sounds a lot more interesting than the traditional Disney Stores.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Some of the ideas sound cool, but I hope it lives up to the World of Disney. I was very sad to hear that the old store was closing. I know I'll check it out when it opens.
      -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

looks like it might be the old Virgin Megastore space...SO excited about this, but I also do hope it's less like a Disney Store and more like the World of Disney.
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I am SO excited too!!! "wide assortment of products" gives me hope
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Why did World of Disney close? How did I not hear about this?

Comment

It just closed at the end of the year. The lease was deemed too high on 5th Avenue.

Comment

This sounds very promising. Keeping my fingers crossed that they make it as good if not better than the World of Disney!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Magical Prototype Disney Store Opens in New York's Times Square

Disney opening 'magical' Times Square store | Business Tech - CNET News

Interaxtive children's exhibits and theme park attractions will be a part of Steve Jobs' notion for a grand scale retale outlet. The Time Square store will be the pilot for renovating the entire chain of Disney Stores Worldwide over the course of the next few years. They want to use this initiol store to work out the bugs in the new concept.

The plans are to have celebrities make appearances at each of the stores in the future chain... especially when Disney needs tie-ins to new films. There will be a kids animationand stortelling theater, an interactive princess castle, and a host of kids activities and special events. The stores will primarily geared toward children and their parents.
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Re: Disney Store to Open Innovative Store in Times Square (Merged)

Just got an email that the Roosevelt Field store on Long Island is closing for a makeover on March 12. Prepping for the new look!

Comment

I took some pictures of the location while on a field trip yesterday. Shall I post them?
                      -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Smart.
                        Check out my other blog:

Comment

Will this have the same merchandise as World of Disney, I mean will it have park items as it did before.

Comment

It's been noted that it will be a Disney Store location, unfortunately not a World of Disney location. However, with the limited merchandise that The Disney Stores have, I can't imagine that there will be enough variety of merchandise to fill that big of a store.
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

What the Times Sq location will carry is still unknown since the new Imagination Park stores don't exist yet and they are supposed to carry their own new line of products. But just to note that before it was called the World of disney Store it did carry more products that the regular Disney Store didn't have such as park merchandise. The location was previously known as the a flagship Disney Store and I really didn't see much of a change in selection when changed the name to WoD. The Disney Store just didn't have enough products to fill a location of that size back then either. No word yet on the square footage of the new times Sq store but I am sure it will be larger than your typical mall store.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X