This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon: ESPN's 3-D Channel

Disney-owned ESPN announced today the launch of a new 3-D network, set to take place later this year.
    This year, ESPN will launch the first 3D television network. ESPN 3D will showcase a minimum of 85 live sporting events during its first year, beginning with the first 2010 FIFA World Cup match on June 11 between South Africa and Mexico.

In addition to the World Cup opener, ESPN will produce up to 25 total World Cup matches, as well as the Summer X Games, college basketball, and college football, including the BCS National Championship game in Glendale, Ariz., January 10, 2011.

ESPN has been testing ESPN 3D for more than two years, and produced USC's 18-15 win over Ohio State in 3D for select theaters back in September. This network launch will certainly drive the early adoption of 3D TV sets, while combining "great content with new technology to enhance the fan's viewing experience," according to ESPN President, George Bodenheimer.
    I am assuming this is a harbinger of things to come for Disney's other networks, as well.

I just can't wait for my first look at Chris Berman and Dick Vitale in 3-D.)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X