Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

DisneyNature's Oceans -April 22, 2010-

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DisneyNature's Oceans -April 22, 2010-

Coming Earth Day 2010
    April 22

Here's the teaser trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JnZ7Ym6sss"]YouTube - Disneynature Oceans Trailer (HD)[/ame]

Here's the full trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk8gl7xwAkk"]YouTube - Disneynature's Oceans Trailer HD[/ame]

Re: DisneyNature's Oceans -April 22, 2010-

Anybody know who did the music for the full trailer?

I know Sigur Ros did the music for the earth trailer but I don't know for this one. I checked IMDB, but IMDB doesn't even have a page setup for Oceans yet.

*Edited* nevermind, I found it. It's Gary Go's Wonderful: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a28s_wyqkyc"]YouTube- Gary Go - Wonderful[/ame]
    Last edited by Barbossa; 01-06-2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Last year when earth hit theaters, to promote the movie, Disney rolled out a bunch of their older movies on DVD featuring animals like Never Cry Wolf. If I recall the movies included movie cash or a coupon to see earth. Anyone know if they'll be doing the same for Oceans?

Comment

wow, i like that song! and i never did get to see earth, i wanted to, and i would also want to see oceans. hopefully i get to this time!
        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Did you mean True Life Adventures? I wouldn't be surprised if Disney did that again, since it was such a big reason for the creation of Disneynature - Roy Disney was a big "true life adventurerer."

I know one promotion they're doing is "See Oceans, Save Oceans" - it's not for a free coupon or anything, but it's a similar promotion for what they did last year for earth, where they planted a tree for every ticket sold during opening week. This time, they're donating to The Nature Conservancy to preserve coral reefs. You have to spend money, but hey, it's for a good cause!

Comment

Originally posted by clairebear View Post
            Did you mean True Life Adventures? I wouldn't be surprised if Disney did that again, since it was such a big reason for the creation of Disneynature - Roy Disney was a big "true life adventurerer."

I know one promotion they're doing is "See Oceans, Save Oceans" - it's not for a free coupon or anything, but it's a similar promotion for what they did last year for earth, where they planted a tree for every ticket sold during opening week. This time, they're donating to The Nature Conservancy to preserve coral reefs. You have to spend money, but hey, it's for a good cause!
            Not the True Life Adventures, although I wish they did as I don't have any of them yet. Problem is some of them are OOP. Some of the movies they had for the earth promo last year were:
            Never Cry Wolf
            Cheetah
            Benji the Hunted
            Sacred Planet
            Last Flight of Noah's Ark
            and maybe some others that I can't remember. Since it's Oceans, it would be good if they could put Aliens of the Deep on store shelves, with of course, a movie cash coupon - it's another one I don't have yet.

Comment

Ah, I see. Don't think I've come across anything like that, but if I do, you'll be the first to know!

Are you a fan of Disneynature on Facebook or follow them on Twitter? I feel like they might post something on one of those for something, right? That's generally where I get news about everything they're doing with the movie....

Comment

Haven't seen any tie-in promos yet. Maybe something will hit store shelves tomorrow.

Comment

Still haven't even caught Earth yet. But Never Cry Wolf is fantastic.
                  Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

So who all is going to go see it this weekend? Any interest in getting a bay area group together to go?
                    Growing older is manditory
                    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Comment

Thanks for posting that article! I've heard some pretty good reviews so far. Here's one:

The Huffington Post: Disney's OCEANS is the most important film of our time
                        Avatar was entertaining, but it's fake. Hollywood at its absolute best. This film is real and every bit as mind-blowing. Our ocean planet at its best. What James Cameron spent years creating in a studio, the Disney Oceans team spent years patiently waiting to film, in the ocean. And the result is pure joy. A reminder that we share this blue marble called Earth with such a diversity of creatures and forms, all of us connected. But the future of many requires us to adjust our activities.
                        I'm planning on seeing it this weekend, but alas, I live in DC. Hope you guys have fun!

Comment

Did anybody see it over the weekend? What did you think? The movie looked awesome - some of the stuff, I was like, "how on earth did they capture that?" Sooo cool. It was pretty fast-paced, which could be good or bad depending how you look at it. I liked that it showed us as much as possible of the ocean and why we should care about it. What did everyone else think?

Comment

I went this weekend and really enjoyed it. It's not that educational... but rather eye-opening. Some species of sea-life I never even imagined. And footage of species that I know about but only seen illustrations of them. It was just fascinating.

I wish James Earl Jones narrated again. Pierce Brosnan's voice didn't seem to feel "ocean" enough.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Agreed. This was one of my favorite scenes from the movie - love the shrimp taking on the crab! Just one of the truly amazing moments in the movie.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X