• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney demos KeyChest as 'enabling technology'

Disney demos KeyChest as 'enabling technology'

Studio says rights repository will work with retailers, DRMs, DECE

full article at:
    Disney demos KeyChest as 'enabling technology' - 1/5/2010 - Video Business
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Disney demos KeyChest as 'enabling technology'

Yet another lame DRM 'solution' to something that's not going to stop piracy anytime soon.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
      Yet another lame DRM 'solution' to something that's not going to stop piracy anytime soon.
      Totally agree... I do have to give them credit for making it technology / platform agnostic. That is at least pretending to care about what consumers want. I'm totally against the idea though. If I buy it, I should own it. This won't stop piracy at all. Another attempt to force the market to fit an outdated business model rather than adapting the business model to fit the market.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

so...they're trying to block the buyer from really OWNing their product? I'm confused.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X