This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blind Side vs. Invictus

Saw Invictus last night, and thought it was REALLY good. But I couldn't help wondering why it's being nominated for Best Picture in every award show. IMO, this type of praise is undeserved.

I found it very comparable to The Blind Side:

Blind Side: Really good performance by Sandra Bullock. Deserving of all of the praise she is getting. But the movie itself, while REALLY good, not "Best Picture" good.

Invictus: Really good performance by Morgan Freeman. Deserving of all of the praise he is getting. But the movie itself, while REALLY good, not "Best Picture" good.

So why is The Blind Side being (righfully) ignored when it comes to "Best Picture" talk while Invictus is not??? Because it's some rule in Hollywood that Clint Eastwood must get nominated every year??? I'm thinking that's gotta be it.

And IMO, this is one of the things people have a big problem with when it comes to award season. You always see the same people nominated for awards, whether they are deserved or not and other people who are more deserving for that particular year get the shaft.

Re: The Blind Side vs. Invictus

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    So why is The Blind Side being (righfully) ignored when it comes to "Best Picture" talk while Invictus is not??? Because it's some rule in Hollywood that Clint Eastwood must get nominated every year??? I'm thinking that's gotta be it.
    Top Eschelon co-stars... high profile director... emotion stirring backstory/placesetting... release schedule set perfect for the awards season.. wasn't the Oscar nomination included in the envelopes for the script reading??

Haven't seen the film... but I agree about the nominations. There is quite a bit of 'who's in', and 'who's not' and I think every so often they throw in the token 'nobody' or 'come back' to try to balance themselves out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X