Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Mickey Voice at Disneyland? (Merged)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Mickey Voice at Disneyland? (Merged)

So while i was going through the Disney Parks blog, i was came across the voicemails you can leave for someone at Disney hotels and while listening to the one that says "I'm Celebrating" you can tell that there is a new voice for the mouse.

Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse Voicemails at Walt Disney World Disney Parks Blog

Could this be they have someone chosen? and what are your thoughts on how it sounds and using the voice at Disneyland and other parks?

Mods sorry if this is in the wrong area
    I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known. -Walt Disney

Check out my Clothing Line!

Re: Future Mickey Voice at Disneyland?

It appeared to be the new voice for Mickey.

If it is then I like it. Has a little bit of Wayne's tone in it.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Only the "Celebrating" is the new voice. The other two are older.

Comment

Bret Iwan I believe is the new voice. His voice as Mickey has appeared in recent Disney On Ice shows.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
          Bret Iwan I believe is the new voice. His voice as Mickey has appeared in recent Disney On Ice shows.
          Interesting, i didnt know who he was. Thanks for the info
          I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known. -Walt Disney

Check out my Clothing Line!

Comment

The new voice made me sad a little bit, as it is among the first audio reminders that Wayne is really gone.

Still though, the new voice is a is a good likeness, and probably about as good as we could expect, but it's still just different enough to be noticeable.

Comment

That was like nails on the chalk board!

His voice isn't even close to perfection. At the end of his sentences it's like a whole new voice emerges that sounds like an excited old man. It goes from squeaky Mickey to excited old man. Not good imo, not good.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                That was like nails on the chalk board!

His voice isn't even close to perfection. At the end of his sentences it's like a whole new voice emerges that sounds like an excited old man. It goes from squeaky Mickey to excited old man. Not good imo, not good.
                Go back and watch Mickey's Christmas Carol. Allwine's first was just as shaky.

Comment

Def. a difference.
                  I can somewhat deal w/ it.
                  The laugh is just so far off and needs work.
                  That's the biggest part so far that bothers me
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

I'm sure people said the same thing when Wayne took over for Jim MacDonald, and if you listen to those two you can hear very distinct differences between them. Give it time folks, we'll get used to it.

Comment

Pfft, would've fooled me if I hadn't known beforehand.
                      Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, you can definitely hear the difference on the "celebrate" message as compared to the other two.

It's a lot like the old Jack Wagner PA voice at Disneyland. Since I don't get to the park as often as some others, I'm not that used to the new(er) guy yet. I still hear Jack in my mind sometimes.

And Bret's Mickey will improve with time, as Wayne's certainly did.
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

The Celebrate audio creeped me out. I know there are differences and it does take time to get into the voice and style, but that was just............ I don't think I want to hear that again! LOL

Comment

The differences were startling, but I'm sure that with time a) we'll get used to it, b) the new actor will polish his performance, or c) some combination of a) and b).
                            Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Or d) they get a new person more fitting and this one was just a filler. LOL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X