This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superheroes cause super headache for Disney and Universal

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that a superhero sized legal battle is brewing between Florida

But the problem goes both ways. With access to such information, lawyers are saying that since WDW and Universal control 90% of the theme park revenue in Central Florida, it could open up both companies to charges of price-fixing or other antitrust charges.

In an attempt to avoid any kind of antitrust complaint, Disney and Universal have recently signed an agreement in which Disney promises not to divulge any confidential information regarding Universal Orlando to its theme park division. Universal disclosed the agreement to the public in a recent filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

For more on this story, please go to: Marvel superheroes could pose antitrust risk for Disney, Universal | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Superheroes cause super headache for Disney and Universal

And so it begins...:insert dramatic music:...

Comment

Disney is really stuck between a rock and a hard place on this Marvel aquisition. Universal has a contract with Marvel, and Disney has somewhat interferred, and for me, I think Disney really shouldn't have purchased this.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

i knew this was going to happen. i just hope disney sells marvel off and its better that way. in my opinion marvel and disney don't match at all.

Comment

Oh, are the Disney suits having a spot of trouble over one of their ridiculous acquisitions?

Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
            i knew this was going to happen. i just hope disney sells marvel off and its better that way. in my opinion marvel and disney don't match at all.
            I completely agree with you. And Disney should sell off the Muppets as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
              The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that a superhero sized legal battle is brewing between Florida’s top 2 theme park giants. In one corner, The Walt Disney Co and it’s recently completed $4 billion dollar purchase of Marvel. In the other corner, NBC Universal, the only theme park on the east coast licensed to use the Marvel characters thanks to a 15 year licensing contract (which Disney now owns).
              Couldn't happen to a nicer couple of greedmongers. May their lawyers bleed them both dry.

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
              i just hope disney sells marvel off and its better that way. in my opinion marvel and disney don't match at all.
              Originally posted by Rocker View Post
              I think Disney really shouldn't have purchased this.
              Originally posted by Magenta Panther View Post
              Oh, are the Disney suits having a spot of trouble over one of their ridiculous acquisitions?

Good.
              Bingo.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Quote: "Disney and Universal have recently signed an agreement in which Disney promises not to divulge any confidential information regarding Universal Orlando to its theme park division."

Umm, yeah, I'm sure that's exactly how it will go. Universal will offer their actual attendance figures and other sensitive information to Disney (without altering them) and Disney financial won't leak any of this information over to their Theme Park division.

Someone already pointed out the true winners here: the lawyers.

Comment

The theme park thorns are really just grains of dust in the bigger picture Disney bought Marvel for. We tend to focus on the theme parks here, but the business is so much more then that. I'm sure Disney is happy to playcate some short term problems over theme parks in FL for the long term gains they stand to gain from every other aspect of the business. From publishing, to movies, to licensing, to merchandising, etc.

Comment

Pffft. Yeah. That'll go about as well as American Airlines' promise to keep its Sabre reservation system separate.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X