This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 Pounds of Disneyland DVD News

Universal is now releasing made-to-order DVD exclusives through Amazon (I wish Disney would do this), including "40 Pounds of Trouble" with Tony Curtis and Suzanne Pleshette - - featuring the awesome on location chase scene through 1960s Disneyland!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/40-Pounds-Trouble-Amazon-com-Exclusive/dp/B0033PSHAO/ref=pd_sim_d_4]Amazon.com: 40 Pounds of Trouble (Amazon.com Exclusive): Tony Curtis, Suzanne Pleshette, Phil Silvers, Claire Wilcox, Larry Storch, Mary Murphy, Kevin McCarthy, Edward Andrews, Marion Hargrove, Stan Margulies: Movies & TV[/ame]

(In other Disney-related films, They also have "The Chalk Garden" with Hayley Mills!)

Re: 40 Pounds of Disneyland DVD News

odd that Universal is releasing it and not Disney. I was looking for that movie a year ago. Found what I wanted out of it on YouTube, though.

Can't get enough of Tony Curtis!
    sigpic
    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Awesome! That film has a great segment that feature's Nature's Wonderland. Pretty funny.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTd7MbJThD0]YouTube - Part 2[/ame]

Comment

>>odd that Universal is releasing it and not Disney<<

It's a Universal movie - - they got permission from Walt to shoot at Disneyland -- and I believe that it was through this movie that Suzanne Pleshette came to Walt's attention.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
          odd that Universal is releasing it and not Disney.
          It was a Universal Pictures release, Disneyland was seemingly a paid location for the shoot. USH's tour didn't open until a couple of years later.
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

What a great scene. They just don't make movies like that anymore. Thanks for the link Nautilus.

Comment

Everytime I see that it's just so cool! That is some great "time capsule" footage of Disneyland!
              Love it!

Comment

So was this a Universal Picture, or Disney?

Comment

I may want to get this movie now
                  Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

Thanks for the news, mj, and the link, Naut. I'm extremely tempted to add this DVD to my Disney collection now!

Comment

I just rec'd a copy, we just watched the Disneyland part (maybe 20 minutes) last night. Fabulous! If you order it with something and get the free shipping it's a bargain at $15. Vintage Disneyland!!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X