This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite College Marching Band

Ok, since college football is being talked about, another important part of college football is the marching bands, of course. So, what is your favorite marching band and fight songs???

I am a diehard Texas Longhorn fan and I love their band and hearing the EYES OF TEXAS and TEXAS FIGHT played, but outside of Texas, I absolutely love the University of Wisconsin Badger band. Their tradition of running onto the field, during pregame, is a sight to behold and their marching style too. I also like listening to "On, Wisconsin". When I was in high school band, we actually played that as our fight song back in the 70's.

Re: Favorite College Marching Band

Stanford band gets my vote for (lack of) style.

As for a "good" band...probably Texas A&M.

Favorite song...Rocky Top.

Comment

Oh gawd I hate what passes for a band at Stanford.

Who's my favorite? As if there was any question!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

And may I add...it passes quite nicely.

Where were we...I think it was Stanford/UCLA AT UCLA, and the band dropped their drawers in the middle of the field. Yeah, they got in trouble.

Comment

Yeah, SC's band got in trouble for a butt-slapping move in (I think a Bowl game?) a game versus a team from Utah. And uh... it was broadcast on TV. They don't seem to show us much on tv since then, hehehe.

Stanford's band still sucks.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

You're only jealous b/c they're better than you.

Best band moment ever...when some idiot from SDSU jumped out and tackled this guy: http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/...s/traveler.jpg
            Last edited by migo; 10-24-2005, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Stanford's what? Band? You call that a band?

Of course, I have to say that because I'm a Cal band fan. Dated their drum major while in college. I marched for CSULB back in the day when they had football.
              A signature should go here.

Comment

Stanford's band is not worthy, in my book, to perform at any football game or parade. They are absolutley worthless as a marching band.

Comment

Thats the joy of the Stanford band, they just dont care which is kinda funny to me.

But of course the best band in the world is the Trojan Marching Band! DUH!

Ohio States is pretty good too.

Comment

I'm borderline biased, but I would have to go with the Minnesota marching band.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
                      Thats the joy of the Stanford band, they just dont care which is kinda funny to me.

Exactamundo!

Comment

Humboldt State Marching Lumberjacks... http://www.humboldt.edu/~hsumlj/
                        You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

wow.. this is a dificult question... I'm a bull by heart.. but love the gators... and many others...

also it depends on sound.. and how their majoretts look.. lol

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X