This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain EO line expected to form at 6am Tuesday

‘Captain EO’ line expected early Tuesday at Disney - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

Fans are expected to line up starting at 6 a.m. Tuesday for the first showing of Michael Jackson film re-opens at DisneylandTomorrowland before the first showing begins at 10 a.m.

The park officially opens at 9:30 a.m. for the Main Street U.S.A. area. Regular Disneyland guests can go in at that time to visit the park.
    Disney officials expect that those in line early will be able to see the movie on Tuesday. The Magic Eye Theater fits between 500 and 600 people. The 17-minute, science-fiction movie will show up to three times an hour.
    Some of the special effects from the first film will be absent this time, according to a Disney press release. However, Disney has a new 70-mm print of the film with acoustical enhancements in the theater.
    If you want to be among the first, get there EARLY and make sure you line up on the west side of the entrance plaza (closest to the Mickey and Friends Trams).

Re: Captain EO line expected to form at 6am Tuesday

I hope lots of people have fun tomorrow! (I am typing from my new DSI!)

Timekeeper
    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

If I didn't have this silly work thing going, I just might be one of those crazies in line at 6.

Comment

You know, as much as I try, I just can't get excited about the Captain EO rerelease. It's nothing against Michael Jackson. EO was fun in its heyday, but now it just seems old.

Good luck to those braving it tomorrow. I hope it's worth the wait for you.
        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
          You know, as much as I try, I just can't get excited about the Captain EO rerelease. It's nothing against Michael Jackson. EO was fun in its heyday, but now it just seems old.

Good luck to those braving it tomorrow. I hope it's worth the wait for you.
          Christie Brinkley is old too, but I'd still line up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
            So would I. I haven't seen her in 3D yet.
            Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Freaking school...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
              HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
              ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
              FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

none of you that live in Cali can complain about school or work, cause you live right there, I wish I could go but I'm in Wa, no way that its possible
                Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                July 13th-18th
                November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                  none of you that live in Cali can complain about school or work, cause you live right there, I wish I could go but I'm in Wa, no way that its possible
                  You mean Socal because I'm in nor cal but I am going lol I do live about 4 n half hours away tho and I do see what you mean!
                  follow me on twitter mrhankyjr

Comment

It's 4:45 in the morning and I live a little more than an hour north of the park in Ventura County. Showered, shampoo'd, shaved, shoes, and (under)shorts. Sounds like everything to me! Should be in line by 6:30. To those of you who'll be working or schooling today...I'll be thinking 'bout ya! I can almost touch the rotating asteroid...from the back row! Later...
                    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

Comment

Bringing back EO...I know I've missed it over the years. I can't imagine lining up hours before the park opens to see EO though--even if you've never seen it. My husband's dad taped the film off the Disney Channel many years ago. Other people have it I'm sure. There are other ways to see it.

The last time I saw EO at DL with my parents there wasn't much of a line at all. I know this is big time nostalgia for everyone, but this is just another example of people using MJ to make a buck...even in death. It doesn't sit well with me.

Good luck to you all though. Will that many extra people really shell out $70 to see EO in this economy? We're in Sacto and haven't been able to afford to go to DL in 3 years...even when we drive down south to visit relatives. [sigh]

Comment

Originally Posted by mickeyfan42

California is a BIG state. Going from Eureka to San Diego is like going from Delaware to Florida. It's a 8 hour car ride to DL for us (9 or more when traffic is involved). For MANY Californians Disneyland is a vacation destination not a Saturday excursion...that means lodging bills, pet overnight boarding, several gas fill ups, or even plane tickets.
                        Last edited by lilsurelybeans; 02-23-2010, 04:54 AM. Reason: forgot quote

Comment

So would I. I haven't seen her in 3D yet.
                          Just for the record. I have seen her in 3D, and would not pass up the chance to again.

Comment

Captain EO walk through Playlist

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X