Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

The real reason Burton's "Alice" has no more depth than a Saturday morning cartoon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The real reason Burton's "Alice" has no more depth than a Saturday morning cartoo

I totally agreee themovie lacked depth charater development and subplots were started suspendedthen brought to a close at the very end, like a tv show. andbasing the success on opening weekend is pretty unrealiable, cause it had alot of hype so of course it was gonna make money.

Comment

Re: The real reason Burton's "Alice" has no more depth than a Saturday morning cartoo

The script is not always the fault of the script writer. Let's just say Mr. Depp tends to have "carte blanch" to rewriting a script when he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
        So many haters! I wouldn't call $116 million mediocrity! I would say that was successful.

As far as the Ms. Woolverton is concerned...I would like to point out that Rescue Rangers was one of Disney's best running animated TV series as well as Real Ghostbusters for non-Disney TV series.

Oh we also forgot to mention that fact that Beauty and the Beast was one of the first animated motion pictures that was nominated for an Oscar in the Best Picture category?

Also remember that the script writer is only one part of the overall puzzle that makes a motion picture successful. If you can point out the mediocrity points to the films success I am all ears......waiting...........!

Mediocrity? I say not my dear sir!
        Transformers 2 made a lot of money too that does not make it a good film, the movie has good characters, good visuals, and a cool world. The story was not what most of use who have read the books or seen the first movie wanted or expected.

Most of use did not want to see Alice kill a Dragon, the movie added nothing new to the series story and to most of use who watch a lot of movies, or read books/comics/manga, TV and Video Games we sometimes expect a deeper story. When Naruto is deeper than Wonderland I can see how fans feel disappointed.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Hey! Rescue Rangers was a great show!

Comment

Anybody complaining about AiW's story and characters never saw Avatar. Avatar had the flatest characters and an incredibly dull story.

I thought AiW was great, not only because of visuals, but because of the story and characters also.

Comment

Working...
            X