Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Myst books, based on the computer game. Right now, I'm in "Book of Atrus."
    Refurb Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Boingonut
      I am reading Welcome Aboard the Disneyland Railroad. I could not resist geting it since I love the DL Railroad. Thanks Kevin for recomending such a great book! BTW since I got this book because I heard of it from Kevin Yee on Miceage does that make me a Kevin minion?
      That really is a great book. I haven't really read it yet, just paged through and looked at all the pretty pictures... and there are A LOT of pretty pictures. Wow.

hahah... I'm a Kevin Yee minion. *innocent whistle* :o

Comment

I was cleaning under my bed the other day and found my Me Talk Pretty Someday, by David Sedaris, so I've been reading that at night before bed.

During the day, I've been reading a book by Kent Haruf.....and damn if I can't remember the name again!!! :confused:

Comment

I had the good fortune to obtain $75 in gift certificates to Barnes and Nobles for Christmas and finally got the chance to spend it all last weekend on eight books. Right now I'm in the middle of reading "The Shadow of the Sun" by Byatt, a wonderful author, though I would recommend reading "Possession" first.

Comment

im readin....
            mouse tales
            magic quizdom
            and the godfather
            I find signatures are overrated. Except for this one.

Comment

History of the Peloponnesian War

It's better than it sounds.
              Ethically reprehensible, yet fiscally sound.

Comment

I need to find the broadway version of the book so I can compare notes.
                If you mean the broadway version that just has the show's poster on the cover and some pictures, I think it's the same book just with a different cover and pictures. But you should definitely see the show. It's great! I hear it is very different from the book (sort of a dumbed down version).

And to keep on topic, I'm currently reading Lemony Snicket Book the Fifth. I thought books one and two were great. I didn't read the third. Book four I thought was rather boring. And book five so far isn't doing much to keep my interest in the series, I'm sorry to report. But I'll probably trudge through all 13 books anyway.
                "That tastes GREAT!"

Comment

I've loved the lemony snicket books so far, I admit the fourth did get kind of boring but it was still good I just have to wait until I have money to buy the fifth (freakin library doesnt have any of them). The Unauthorized Autobiography looks pretty funny as well.
                  What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Seamus Heany's translation of Beowulf.

Comment

I love Series of Unfortunate Events! They're the perfect thing to read when I want to relax and not get into something deep and involving (although I've gotten pretty obsessed with trying to find out just what VFD is). As with the Harry Potters, I refuse to see the movie.

Comment

I just finished "The Curious Incident with the Dog in the NIght Time" and thought it was fantastic. Now I'm rereading "The Catcher in the Rye" since I liked it in high school.
                        Visit Disney Nuts today!

Comment

I guess it's not "reading" in the traditional sense, but I am beginning to play the piano again. So... sight reading... is that okay?

I purchased the music books for Wicked and Avenue Q. Those are some fun things to play. But [nerd alert], I need to take the books to Kinkos, get the spines cut off the books and get them rebound so they will lay flat on my piano [/nerd alert]

Also... I'm re-discovering my love for Beethoven. I love that deaf man!
                          She walks in beauty, like the night
                          Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
                          And all that's best of dark and bright
                          Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
                            I just finished "The Curious Incident with the Dog in the NIght Time" and thought it was fantastic. Now I'm rereading "The Catcher in the Rye" since I liked it in high school.
                            Love both books! The Curious Incident book was wonderful. It really gave me an insight on the high functioning autistic person and how they process information!

--Lord Byron

Comment

It was interesting to see the behoviors of an autistic person from the point of veiw of the person. I love how he would do things that would seem weird to us but, in his head, he had a perfect logic for doing it. I thought it was clever, touching, funny and very smart. If you like that one, you should read The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin. He is a brilliant writer of characters.
                              Visit Disney Nuts today!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
                                you like that one, you should read The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin. He is a brilliant writer of characters.
                                I actually have that in my book stack! I've heard good things about it.

--Lord Byron

Comment

I finally finished "Peter and the Star Catchers" the "prequel" story about the origin of Peter Pan and was very satisifed with the story. I hope they do a "sequel" to this one to fill in the years between this book, which ends with Peter becoming the Boy Who Could Fly and naming the island he is staying on after the boat he was on "Neverland" and having the Starcatchers use the Star Stuff to creat a pixie named Tinkerbell to look after him. We need to find out how the island got to another dimension and all the other stuff between then and when he met Wendy, John and Michael and had the adventure that we are all familer with.

After that I am waiting for Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. Can't imagine who it is or what happens to Harry and friends in this newest book, but we are nearing the end of Harry's story and that is sad.
                                  Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I just finished founding brothers. I haven't had a chance to go get a new book yet. Can anyone recommend any good non-fiction books?

Comment

I'm Reading How to be like Walt for fun, Interesting book, it's really a Self-Help Book. It's a Quick Read. Also reading Blue Yonder by Stephen Ambrose
                                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfanatic89
                                        im readin....
                                        mouse tales
                                        magic quizdom
                                        and the godfather
                                        Mouse Tales and More Mouse Tales are a great set!!!
                                        "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

Comment

I'm reading Eye of the World by Robert Jordan...I've been reading it on and off since last September.

I managed to squeeze in The Fantastical Engineer, Magic Quizom, and 101 Things You Never Knew about Disneyland last month.

And Wicked is waiting for me...

Once July 16th comes...Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
                                          "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X