Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been on a couple of kicks recently. I really enjoy Stephen E. Ambrose's books (Pegasus Bridge is my favorite) and I recently picked up a few Robert Ludlum books. At this very moment, I'm reading his "The TRistan Betrayal."
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
      He is our very own David Sedaris. :love:
      Wow! Huge, giant compliment!
      :love:

Comment

Yes, but GC.. have you ever been an elf? :devil:
        She walks in beauty, like the night
        Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
        And all that's best of dark and bright
        Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by libraryvixen
          Yes, but GC.. have you ever been an elf? :devil:
          Thankfully, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
            Thankfully, no.
            Hmmmmmm speaking of elves

*still stalking

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
              Hmmmmmm speaking of elves
              If she'd have asked if I had been a fairy, the answer wouldn't surprise anybody...

Comment

If she'd have asked if I had been a fairy, the answer wouldn't surprise anybody...

OMG thankfully I wasn't taking a sip when I read that.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Wow! Huge, giant compliment!
                  :love:
                  I have to resort to giving you public reputation in any way that I can since I am unable to give you any more Reputation until I give others Reputation. :love:
                  Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                  I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I have to resort to giving you public reputation in any way that I can since I am unable to give you any more Reputation until I give others Reputation. :love:

I hear ya Michele, I can't give GC anymore either, or my loving Hector I must spread it around :devil:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I just finished Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. I actually started crying at one point. What a situation!!! It's chilling! Literally!

I'm reading Mrs. Dalloway before bed each night. But in the daytime, I'm reading Valley of the Dolls. I was reading Valley today at OMSI while Chloe played in the sand room, and I got some very strange looks from some of the moms.

:love: There's this antique store not far from my house.....a guy sells his wife and two grown daughters' books there (all three are in various book clubs, so they're very good books!)....and they're in PRISTINE condition--the spines aren't cracked! And he's selling them at 25% of the cover price. I weep with pleasure when I go in there! It's so amazing!! :love:

Comment

I am still trudging away on SKs Skeleton Crew. I only have a few stories left to read in it. I finally found Book the Fourth, so I will get through that one next.
                        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I finished Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides and am reading Mystical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs. Great stuff.

Comment

DisneyWar, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones
                              DisneyWar, of course!
                              I knew it. When I saw your name as the last poster on this thread, I thought to myself it had to be one book in particular.
                              lol!

Comment

I am still trudging away on SKs Skeleton Crew. I only have a few stories left to read in it. I finally found Book the Fourth, so I will get through that one next.
                                Excellent book!!! The Mist? I believe is good, and The Monkey.
                                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Remebering Walt. After finishing Walt Disney an American Original and How to Be like Walt, it is interesting to see what stories they left out.
                                  "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

I'm re-reading David Sedaris' Naked.

Comment

I've been reading both stitch and bitch books, but I ahve been on the look out for a good non-fiction book to read. So far nothing has been appealing.

Comment

I just finished reading Paula, by Isabel Allende and have never cried so hard when reading a book. If you're looking for something that's beautiful, but will make you bawl, this is definitely the perfect choice.
                                        After that I wanted to start on something lighter so I chose Salamandastrom from the Redwall series, the books are all pretty similar but I love them anyway.

Comment

• I have 2 jobs and a VERY insane daughter so reading is a luxury that I rarely have time for, but right now I am reading "Nordic Gods and Heroes" by Padraic Colum (weird I know but I have always been into that sort of thing) and my wife got me the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe for Christmas so I am slowly working my way through that!!
                                          Only one Daughter...but she has the strength of 10!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X