Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't tell you how happy i am to see so many fans of the film here. Other boards I've been to have been a total mixed bag. It is one of the favorites in my house, and i have my own theories on why it is successful.... The animators were allowed to make the film they wanted to make. It was original, and cute, and the execs didn't kill everything that made it special. I have a friend who worked for the company earlier in her career and she actually went into the film not wanting to like it (personal dislike of Chris Sanders), but came out loving it (even emailed him to congratulate him on the success). That says a lot for the film in my opinion.

Comment

I've never had a Disney character even come close to matching my favorite, Mickey, as Stitch has. Not only am I mad about Mickey, but Stitch as well. He's ornery, mischievious, and also "cute and fluffy"!

I saw the movie 9 times in the theater, which is my record for most theater viewings.

It's definitely the best movie since Lion King.
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by invader pearl
        And if you want bratty, you must DETEST those little girls Lilo tried to be friends with!
        [Myrtle's Friends]Yeeaaaaahhhhh![/Myrtle's Friends] (those who have seen the film now have a smile on their faces cause those three little girls are now saying that in their head.)

Lilo & Stitch is one of the only Disney movies I can sit and watch with my kids over and over and over and over again. The story is fresh, the charcters are likeable, yes, including Cobra Bubbles & Gantu. I love to sit down and watch the cartoon spin-off with the kids. It is one of the few cartoons out there these days that has a moral to the story that is obvious enough that kids understand it yet subtle enough that parents are not rolling their eyes.

I would rank this on par with TENG, which has pedestal status in our house. Incredible, repeatable movies are a good thing.
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

TENG??? eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
            TENG??? eh?
            The Emperor's New Groove.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
              I don't like the story. The animation is great, the colors are beautiful, and the attention to detail is immaculate, however, the characters are very annoying. Lilo is so bratty, and I HATE bratty kids. Stitch is ok towards the end, but he just seems so rabid and over the top.
              God how can you even classify the character of Lilo as "bratty" especially compared to the other "true brats" in the film!! :confused:

I think Lilo & Noni are great characters!! Defintely not the "norm". And Stitch, while yes over the top, is Stitch, he's fun and hilarious and "also cute and fluffy" ([email protected])

I think we may have to watch this tonight after all the talk about it
              Viva La Stitch

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I'm afraid I'm really going to like it, and want to go buy that awesome Acrylic at DCA this weekend... We just spent $400 on art in the park lat weekend! And they say APs don't make the park any money...

BTW, I'm a big Hawaiian Culture guy. Not just the superficial stuff, but the real deal. Learning to speak the language, etc. Am I going to be annoyed by the movie, by which I mean do they butcher the culture?
                Honor those who fall under the sword.
                But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
                  Venom Addict (it's ALL Mamabots fault!)
                  Venom? Care to elaborate? I'm sure you can't mean the Venom that comes to my mind when I hear it...

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                    Venom? Care to elaborate? I'm sure you can't mean the Venom that comes to my mind when I hear it...
                    Yeah, it is all my fault. after dsnylndmom comvinced me to try Du Wop's Lip Venom, I have been recommending it to people constantly. Nephythys is one of those people who listened to me, and became as addicted to it as I have. I prefer Venom Flash in Gold.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Ah. Makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                        Am I going to be annoyed by the movie, by which I mean do they butcher the culture?
                        They don't butcher the culture. I can't speak for the TV series, though. But they were right on the money with the way people looked, sounded and everything. Right down to the fact that a lot of people in Hawai'i have huge spaces between their first and second toes (including me) which is due to the fact that many people wear slippers (flip-flops) instead of shoes.

We lived in a house that looked exactly like Lilo's. High up on stilts in case of floods, etc. I've been to a fakey luau like the one Nani worked at. (If you've ever been to a real one, you could tell the difference.) I call/ed people 'Stupidhead'. I can speak a mean pidgin when I go back home or speak to anyone from Hawai'i.

They did this one right. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that the creators had a huge love for the islands. It shows.

The whole space thing? Well, it was kinda weird, but it was such a great fish out of water feel to it mixing the two. I wished they had kept the sequence in where Gantu and Stitch battle it out in downtown Honolulu in their space ships. That would have been something to see. But a post-9/11 mindset killed that section of the film. I'm not sure how far they got production-wise...

Comment

Here's a weird six degrees of separation thing about L&S.

My older sister went to grade school with Jason Scott Lee and high school with Tia Carrere (she was known as Althea Genero back then). I also met Tia Carrere and she signed a photo for me.

Comment

The Emperor's New Groove: another one of my recent favorites. The humor in this movie is dry and witty, at least in my opinion. I thought it was a fun story, despite reading crushing reviews.

Reaver: Don't feel bad about the big figs. I myself am planning to buy them! I prefer Lilo over Stitch, which makes collecting stuff with her on it a bit difficult so when I read that a Lilo big fig was coming out I demanded my boyfriend keep an eye out for it. Sure enough, it came in! (I thought it was going to hear about it at WDW first.) And then I saw the Stitch one on eBay. Luckily he says they'll have both. I have absolutely no room in my bedroom for it, so it's going to be stored somewhere in my house. I just like the idea of knowing they're mine! Hope you enjoy the movie!

Comment

There's a Stitch big fig???? OMG...... add that to my "must haves"!!!!

(And, how the heck did Sephora invade a Stitch thread? )

Oh, and you folks should see the new Stitch Easter stuff at The Disney Store. Ken bought me a small glass egg plate with a cute Stitch on it, cuddling a frog. And, I also got the Stitch plush with him cuddling a ducky. TOO cute (and fluffy)!
                              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by invader pearl
                                I disagree with Soulquarian about Lilo being bratty, in the sense that I interpreted his statement to be simply that she's bratty for no reason (I could be wrong). She lost her parents at a young age and her sister is struggling to be a sister and parental figure to her. Lilo is a mixture of childish and adult characteristics. I think that maybe I liked her a lot not only because she was drawn cutely, but there's a loneliness and isolation in her. She tries to fit in with the majority but winds up kind of freakish to them. That's how I felt all through my school years.
                                Exactly. If there is any question about Lilo's brattiness then one only needs to watch the scene outside of the dance class a few times to really get a sense of who she is and what she's going through.

Spoiler
                                You can clearly see her desperation at wanting to fit in (asking the girls if they're going to play dolls), her futile yet heartfelt attempt to fit in (showing them the doll she made), her heartbreak and frustration at not fitting in (throwing the doll on the ground and running away after being laughed at), and then the sincerity and depth of her heart and emotions (running back to scoop up the doll and clutching it tightly to herself).

It's scenes such as this one, that simultaneously cause you to laugh and feel a tugging at your heart, that make this film so incredible and, if you're open to them, fall in love with the characters populating the story.

Comment

:bow: :bow: :bow:
                                  GREAT POST!!!
                                  Originally posted by Jazzman
                                  Exactly. If there is any question about Lilo's brattiness then one only needs to watch the scene outside of the dance class a few times to really get a sense of who she is and what she's going through.

Spoiler
                                  You can clearly see her desperation at wanting to fit in (asking the girls if they're going to play dolls), her futile yet heartfelt attempt to fit in (showing them the doll she made), her heartbreak and frustration at not fitting in (throwing the doll on the ground and running away after being laughed at), and then the sincerity and depth of her heart and emotions (running back to scoop up the doll and clutching it tightly to herself).

It's scenes such as this one, that simultaneously cause you to laugh and feel a tugging at your heart, that make this film so incredible and, if you're open to them, fall in love with the characters populating the story.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
                                    There's a Stitch big fig???? OMG...... add that to my "must haves"!!!!
                                    Yes ma'am! I saw it on eBay, sent the link to my boyfriend and asked if I could have it, to which he called me and said that it'd be coming into the store again (he works at DLR). He quoted me a figure for both and I told him to hold it as soon as they got back in because they were MINE! Check eBay for an image, the figs match. Disney Auctions also had a big fig of Stitch that my friend drew for me: Stitch wearing a Hawaiian shirt, with a lei and sipping a drink through a straw in a coconut. Very cute; wish I could have afforded it!

Comment

It was cute, entertaining and amusing. Not exactly great but if you wanted something to cheer you up and give you the fluffy feeling, this is your movie.

I LOVE the style mostly. I think the huge noses were awesome. Everything was so round to the point I wanted to squeeze the characters to death. Very inviting.
                                      I lurk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman
                                        Oh, and Elvis will never die. His music is immortal.

Long live the King!!

Thank Youuu Very Much!!
                                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Lilo & Stitch Update

Re-posted. In it's own thread...
                                          Last edited by Reaver; 03-04-2005, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X