This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilo & Stitch - Honest Opinions...

I'm just curious, what do people think of this movie? I've never seen it, but have heard lots of different things. What are the opinions of you, my fellow Disney fans?
    Last edited by Reaver; 03-04-2005, 11:47 AM.
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Love it! It's one of my favorite Disney movies

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
      Love it! It's one of my favorite Disney movies
      Really? Can you say why?

Oh, BTW, there's a GREAT Stitch Acrylic in Off The Page in DCA...

Comment

It's a very cute an entertaining movie. There is an emotional attachment to characters, but children will find this movie more entertaining than adults, i think. If disney would/could make more movies like Lilo and Stitch, Pixar content wouldn't seem quite so superior.
        "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
        Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
        "
        -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

It was just hilarious, we laughed from beginning to end with a couple of teary eyed moments thrown in. In fact, when we saw it at the theater the first time(my boys and I) we enjoyed it so much that we went back the following week, we rarely do that. Rent it and check it out!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I will. Then I'll have to post again, and give you my opinions...

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
              I will. Then I'll have to post again, and give you my opinions...
              Most defintely!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Both Lilo and Stitch, as characters, have a depth that many other Disney characters lack. Lilo, in particular, is not simply a strong princess-type, but a child from a damaged family with problems all her own. Stitch, of course, is a great mischief maker, something that Disney seems to have been lacking for some time.

The story itself is simple, but the emphasis is on what it takes to make and hold a family together.

The animation is some of the best in many years, I think. I am particularly a fan of the lush watercolor backgrounds.

Comment

It's okay. Disney falls into the trap of being childish instead of childlike too often these days. It's nice to see them portraying Lilo's sister as something other than a bimbo, as their formula would normally be.

The "villians" are more annoying than entertaining.

And Elvis is dead, people. Let his noise die, too.
                  "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                  -
                  "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                  -
                  "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                  -
                  Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

I think that, aside from The Emperor's New Groove, that this is quite possibly Disney's most hilarious and touching traditionally animated film. The humor is straight out of the old school Warner Bros cartoons that made Bugs Bunny a star, and the look itself is absolutely a magnificent landscape of watercolor and Hawaiian splendor.

The writing is wittier than you'd normally find in an animated feature and the voice performances are superb as well. The content is probably a little on the provocative side given that it's a Disney film (a very broken family), but the lesson is a valuable one.

Stitch.....Stitch, Stitch, Stitch. The second I saw him in one of the trailers (where he whisks Princess Jasmine away from Aladdin just by his sheer charm) I just knew I was gonna like this little guy. Stitch is the bad boy of the Disney lineup. He's got an attitude and a party sensibility that some parents may not agree with, but like many of the Disney elite, he's got a heart of gold and can be your bestest buddy in the end. Trust me....you want him on your side. He's tough as nails and can play a guitar.
                    (I was determined to master his voice after seeing it, and have finally succeeded! )

I couldn't find anything to dislike about this movie. In the dictionary under 'fun', it'll say "see this if Emperor's New Groove is rented out". The Elvis soundtrack fits like a glove, the characters are the most unique you'll ever see, and the colors are soothing rather than shocking and garish. Ths film was definitely a labor of love. See it. You'll have a blast.
                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

To be honest, I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but because Stitch immediatly became my husbands favorite charactor we bought it...and the more I watch it, the more I LOVE it!
                      As said before Lilo & Stitch have a level of depth that most charactors are lacking lately. It deals with a different family dianamic than we are used to seeing, but it's very nice that we see how the sisters interact and help eachother even under such interesting circumstances.

and I love Mr. Bubbles, he's just perfect!

so to begin with I didn't like it but after being subject to watching it and listening to it far too many times, It is now one of my favorite disney movies.
                      procrastibating

Comment

They really nailed the Hawaiian culture. The houses, the plants, the accents, everything... Except when one opens a plate lunch to eat at the park or beach, there ain't going to be no sandwiches in that container. Two scoops rice, a scoop of macaroni salad and a piece of teriyaki beef maybe, but no sandwich.

The alien stuff aside, the songs and everything about this movie hooked me. Loved it.

I also like the way Nani and Lilo weren't Barbies.

And Nani saying "Stupidhead" that is sooo Hawai'i. I can't explain it, but it's a very popular cut down.

Comment

I resisted watching it for quite a while because I just thought it looked stupid, mainly because of the ads featuring Stitch invading other classic films. When I did finally give in, I fell completely in love with it. It has that timeless charm which the films that Walt made all had, which has been lacking in many of Disney's later films, and the characters themselves have a depth to them that has also sadly been missing. I also felt a real sense of being drawn in to the environments, as if I were in Hawai'i along with everyone in the story. The humorous sequences are all knee slapping funny, the sweet parts are touching and just-mushy-enough, and it has unforgettable music. Overall, the thing I loved most about the film was that it made me forget who and where I was and I felt, for the first time in many years, exactly the way I felt when I was a little kid watching Disney films for the first time. Definitely one of the best Disney films ever.

Comment

Oh, and Elvis will never die. His music is immortal.

Long live the King!!

Comment

Oh lord... Lilo and Stitch is my favorite disney movie ever. The story rocks, the characters are fantastic, the animation is beautiful, and Stitch kicks @$$. I want a Stitch! It'll make you laugh and cry!
                              Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                              http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X