This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC renews 'Good Luck Charlie' for 2nd season, movie

Disney Channel freshman sitcom "Good Luck Charlie" is getting a second season -- plus an original movie.

Since premiering three months ago, "Charlie" has become the top-rated series on TV among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14. The comedy, about three teens (Bridgit Mendler, Jason Dolley, Bradley Steven Perry) caring for their new baby sister, averages 4.1 million viewers each week.

The second season will likely debut next year, and in the meantime the network is developing an original movie based on the show written by Geoff Rodkey ("Daddy Day Care") and starring the show's cast.
    'Good Luck Charlie' gets renewed, movie
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: DC renews 'Good Luck Charlie' for 2nd season, movie

Movie? Really?

Comment

I'm already kinda mystified why this show is doing that well period, but yeah, a movie? The show is the most generic family sitcom I've ever seen. It makes Everybody Loves Raymond seem high concept. I really can't figure how they'd make a movie out of it.
      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Not a feature film. A Disney Channel "Original Movie" typically means an expanded episode shot on location instead of on a soundstage, like the highly-rated 'Wizards of Waverly Place' DCOM last year.

“Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie” is TV’s No. 1 Entertainment Telecast of 2009 in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14, and is Cable’s No. 1 Telecast in Viewers
        http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/29...-viewers/25660
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Yeah, I know Disney Channel has made putting out tv "movies" a specialty, and have managed some pretty insane leaps (like the triple crossover episodes). I just can't imagine how they'll take a show that dull and uninspired in 30 minute form and extend it to an hour and a half. My bet is on a special trip somewhere exotic or something, which is the usual ploy.
          "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
            Yeah, I know Disney Channel has made putting out tv "movies" a specialty, and have managed some pretty insane leaps (like the triple crossover episodes). I just can't imagine how they'll take a show that dull and uninspired in 30 minute form and extend it to an hour and a half. My bet is on a special trip somewhere exotic or something, which is the usual ploy.
            I bet the baby's probably gonna get lost too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X