This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW The Haunted Mansion film!!!

One of the biggest news coming out from Comic-Con San Diego today was from the Disney panel. Near the end of the Tron panel today at Comic Con, a surprise guest made an appearance, director Guillermo del Toro took the stage to announce his next film... The Haunted Mansion

Yes, you read right, a new re-vision of the Haunted Mansion movie. The film revolves around the ride’s famous 'Hat Box Ghost.' The panel made it clear, it won’t be a continuation of or sequel to the Eddie Murphy movie of the same name. As del Toro said when talking about plans for his new live-action 3D film, “we are not returning Eddie Murphy’s calls.”

Guillermo del Toro said he was very attracted to the project when Disney approached him about making a new Haunted Mansion, and it can be used as a framework to tell many kinds of stories, but he was relatively explicit about what kind of film he’d be making. “We are not making a comedy,” he said. “We are making it into an e-ticket ride. It will be scary and fun, but the scary parts WILL be scary.” Coming from a filmmaker who's been involved with such films as The Orphanage, Pan's Labyrinth, Splice & Hellboy, this Haunted Mansion film is going to be awesome!

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Guillermo del Toro said, “(Walt) Disney is one of the creators of some of the scariest images in my childhood. People forget that he not only made sweet images but also images of nightmare. We need to honor that side of the legacy,” and he's a huge fan of the ride. "When I’m depressed or when I have a problem, I ride the Haunted Mansion ride to clear my head” Guillermo del Toro said. He's writing the script, producing, and isn't sure if he'll direct it yet.

...and it will be filmed in 3D!

Source: Guillermo Del Toro Enters "Haunted Mansion" - ABC News
    Last edited by JMora; 07-22-2010, 09:19 PM.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X