This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Photopass employee, Cheerleading Coach Killed in Traffic Accident

MiceChat Moderator, pixie chick, has alerted us that a Disney Photopass employee, Wendy Rice, has been killed, along with others, in a traffic accident. Pixie Chick had worked alongside Wendy at Disneyland. Our heartfelt wishes go out to her family, friends, students, and those who knew her from her work at the Disneyland Resort.

Details below, and at the link.

BISHOP, Calif. -- At least three people have been killed in a a fiery multi-vehicle crash near Bishop, including a cheerleading coach from California Baptist University, according to CHP officials.

The crash, on U.S. Highway 395, was reported just before 8:30 p.m. Monday.

Three vans carrying members of California Baptist University's cross country team were traveling northbound when a southbound Ford SUV drifted off the shoulder, swerved into the center median and then struck the second of the three vans, CHP Officer Dennis Cleland said.

Two people inside the SUV were killed along with CBU cheerleading coach Wendy Rice, who was driving the van that was struck, officials said. Twelve others were injured.
    Cal Baptist Fatal Crash: California Baptist University Cheerleading Coach, 2 Others Killed in Fiery Crash - KTLA
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 08-10-2010, 11:35 AM.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

re: Disney Photopass employee, Cheerleading Coach Killed in Traffic Accident

sad

Anyone else notice the horrible coincidence in the number of accidents that involve church groups? Maybe it's just how the media is... but I'm like scared to death if anyone says they are going somewhere with their church group now. It's freaky.

Comment

Thanks for posting this for me. Wendy was a wonderful person and I'm glad I was able to work with her, if even for just a short time. My thoughts are with her family.
      <o>

Comment

Very very sad.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this awful news. My thoughts and prayers to all involved...

Comment

A horrific tragedy, may they rest in peace and their families and friends find solace.
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

This woman used to coach cheerleading at my high school apparently several years ago. Such a loss...

Comment

Re: Disney Photopass employee, Cheerleading Coach Killed in Traffic Accident

Sad to hear this.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

God Bless the family and friends.
                  Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Sad to hear.
                    "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X