This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises

Warner Bros has confirmed the production shoot for Christopher Nolan's third Batman film will be in New Orleans by April of 2011. Nolan's previous Batman movies were all filmed in Chicago. It is unknown whether New Orleans will be converted into Gotham City, or a outside location setting or serve as an alternate backdrop.

Sometime ago, it was believed that the Riddler might be the villain. Now with the setting with New Orleans confirmed. Rumors have been swirling that Killer Croc might be the main villain (boring in my opinion) in Batman 3 with Comic-Con happening in NYC. Time will tell...

Source: 'Batman 3' gets spicy, will shoot in New Orleans | HollywoodNews.com

Re: Batman 3

I just can't wait for this thing to get going. Interesting on New Orleans as a new location. I doubt then, that it will serve as Gotham. The architecture is just so different than the downtown landscape of Chicago or New York. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

As for the villain(s), I've heard rumors of the Riddler and Catwoman being possibilities. I'm not all familiar with Killer Croc, but he might be a interesting character, especially with Nolan's style.

GO BATMAN!
    sigpic
    Home away from Home.

Comment

I'm hoping for a rebuilt Wayne Manor, the return of the Bat Cave, the Tumbler getting rebuilt, and the come back of the rubber nipples. Um, no. Forget the Schumacher-era rubber nipples.

Comment

News has surfaced today that the handsome actor Tom Hardy has landed the lead villain role in the still yet untitled “Batman 3”. Tom Hardy starred in Nolan’s summer smash “Inception.” The identity of Tom Hardy’s character remains a mystery but there's speculation that he may be making an appearance as Black Mask, a villain that first appeared in Batman comics back 1985. He has no super-human abilities but he's is a master criminal with huge amount of resources, and great with guns. He's the crime lord of Gotham city for many years as an undercover businessman.

It kinda makes sense, since Tom Hardy is a pretty fit guy, and looks great in Armani suits =) The movie starts shooting reportedly in April 2011 for a targeted July 20, 2012 US release.

Source: Tom Hardy: Batman's Best Nemesis Yet? | CinemaSpy

Comment

On the subject of Batman, I love this short film. "Possibly the truest, best Batman movie ever made." -Kevin Smith

It was made by the best of Hollywood special effects people who love what they do...
          YouTube - batman dead end

Comment

I had heard that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was in talks for The Riddler. I don't know if now that Hardy is on board if that will still happen. I could see Hardy playing Riddler. I know Nolan likes to base his villains in a more realistic world so I could see Black Mask as well.

I think a more appropriate Riddler would be Jim Parsons (Sheldon on Big Bang Theory). He seems he could pull it off.

Personally I would like to see Phillip Seymore Hoffman as The Penguin. In fact I had heard that in "The Dark Knight" there was going to be some references to an arms dealer known as Oswald Cobblepot.

I guess we will find out soon enough.
            "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Batman vs. Bronson

Comment

The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight Risesauteur did

Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector.

Check back here later in the morning for a more in-depth look at that decision and the Nolan ambitions and reasons behind it.

Bruce Wayne Harvey Dent
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I :bow: to Nolan for his refusal for 3D.

Too many movies now are counting on 3D to make a movie good ... a good movie is a good movie, with or without the 3D.

I'm also glad that the first chapter of Harry Potter 7 has gone back on it's plan to release in 3D.
                  Last edited by sir clinksalot; 10-27-2010, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I'm kind of glad to hear about no Riddler, and I'm ecstatic to hear no 3D. It's really hard to get drawn into a movie when I'm constantly shoving those stupid glasses up against my own just to see clearly. As for the Riddler, I'm sure it would have been good, but I'm not sure I'd want to see the character changed to fit the darker world.
                    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Re: Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises

So any guesses on Villains?

My guess is either Catwoman or Penguin. Nolan hasn't had a female villain yet so I'm certainly leaning that way. I don't think you will see both Catwoman and Penguin as that would draw too many comparisons to Batman Returns.

Of course, there are PLENTY of lesser Villains that could also be used like Hugo Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

My guess is either Catwoman or Penguin. Nolan hasn't had a female villain yet so I'm certainly leaning that way. I don't think you will see both Catwoman and Penguin as that would draw too many comparisons to Batman Returns.

Of course, there are PLENTY of lesser Villains that could also be used like Hugo Strange.
                        If we do see the Penguin, it'll probably be in a "B" villain role. The Penguin isn't that menacing of a foe, as evidenced by Returns where they had to turn him into a child killing monster to elevate the character to a prime villain. I could definitely see the Black Mask theory above being true, as that's a strong villain without a lot of baggage or supernatural elements to re-write.

As for Catwoman, I'm just not sure how that character would turn out with Nolan's Batman. Having a love-interest and nemesis show up in the final act just seems like they'd have to rush that relationship, and I don't think it'd turn out that well in the end.
                        "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

They casted the female lead, although it could be a love interest for Bruce Wayne and not Catwoman.

There was hints on another sight that it might be Black Mask- which would make sense. And Penguin would be sort of tricky since he is focusing on the realism of the stories.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

My only favorite villain from the Batman world was the Joker but Catwoman is runner's up.
                            YouTube - The Evolution of Catwoman
                            Still, I'm getting really annoyed with Christian Bale's Batman's voice, lol.

Comment

Anybody else feel the title it too similar to Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising? (movie counterpart: The Seeker: The Dark is Rising)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X