• Show
Clear All

• Six Flags Magic Mountain - 3 new Coaster Experiences for 2011

- Superman: Escape from Krypton
    Features backwards launching superman and new paint for the ride
    - The Green Lantern
    American's first "ZacSpin" coaster
    - Kids Coaster
    This is the former Mr. Six's Dance Coaster that was supposed to open this year. (Hopefully this isn't the final name)

Six Flags was kind enough to send us the official release:
    Six Flags Magic Mountain Recaptures Coveted World Record of More Coasters than Any Other Theme Park on the Planet!

THREE New Coaster Experiences for 2011
    Green Lantern:

Superman: Escape from Krypton

YouTube - Three new roller coasters for Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2011 Superman Backwards Green Lantern

(thanks to Robb Alvey at TPR for posting the video on YouTube)
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM.

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain - 3 new Coaster Experiences for 2011

Looking forward for it! Didn't go to SFMM this year because there was nothing new, but I'll definitely go 2011.

Comment

Hahah I love how one of the features for superman is "new paint"!!!
      I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
      sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

cool maybe i'll check it out - but it's too far from where i live. bout 90 minutes away =/

http://www.disney.parkeleven.com/ - Disneyland Resort Photos!
        http://www.hiddenmickeys.parkeleven.com - Hidden Mickeys!

Comment

Three new coaster experiences = one new coaster (one that looks like a stock carnival ride, at that)

Comment

I'm sure Cedar Point won't be letting their title slip away for too long. Magic Mountain could really use some kind of complete circuit track launching coaster.

Comment

I still think it's pretty cool to get a zacspin. It makes SFMM the only park in the world to have TWO 4D coasters. Being that I love 4D coasters, it couldn't make me happier!

Comment

By the way, anyone want to go in with me on the deal to get a SFMM season pass + a Hurricane Harbor pass free? I have no friends, so I'd need three people to go with me!

Comment

wow. !
                  i really want to go now
                  terminator salvation was a dissapointment. it had a 2 hour wait for a normal wooden rollercoaster.
                  and the loading system was very poor
                  i hope these coasters will be a major improvement!
                  The Green Lantern coaster looks crazy!

Comment

^ I've never waited more than 30 minutes for Terminator. You must have gone on a Saturday in the summer or something.

Comment

Six Flags was kind enough to send us the official release:
                      Six Flags Magic Mountain Recaptures Coveted World Record of More Coasters than Any Other Theme Park on the Planet!

THREE New Coaster Experiences for 2011
                      Green Lantern:

Superman: Escape from Krypton

Comment

I think they should yank Superman and install Kingda Ka (SF Great Adventure, NJ). Maybe with the taller track Superman will draw a larger crowd, but Kingda Ka almost killed me last Summer and I think it would be perfect for Magic Mountain as it would really draw in a larger crowd.

However, there should be an age limit on some of these things. I'm 48 and I was seriously wondering what would happen if I had a heart attack on that thing.

I agree that Cedar Point won't take this lying down. It will be interesting to see how they respond.

Also interesting that some of these other Six Flags parks don't have HALF of what SFMM has. My kids and I have hit several other Six Flags parks over the past couple of years, and NONE of them come close to Magic Mountain. Maybe they should pony up some $$$ to fix up some of the others first.

Comment

^First of all, why bother when a similar ride is only an hour away (Knott's Xcelerator). Granted it's not 400+ feet, but the acceleration is practically the same.

Secondly, the management there was just quoted as saying they want nothing to do with such a ride. The maintenance and downtime is a nightmare, and they just don't want to deal with it.

I'm all for them just improving what they've got.
                          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleSquirt View Post
                            wow. !
                            i really want to go now
                            terminator salvation was a dissapointment. it had a 2 hour wait for a normal wooden rollercoaster.
                            and the loading system was very poor
                            i hope these coasters will be a major improvement!
                            The Green Lantern coaster looks crazy!
                            It's not that the loading system is poor, it is that sometimes they use only one train or the employees are just too busy socializing with each other.
                            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                              It's not that the loading system is poor, it is that sometimes they use only one train or the employees are just too busy socializing with each other.
                              I've NEVER seen Terminator only running 1 train nor the employees doing anything but a great job at that ride. It happens at other places, but not on Terminator.

The problem with Terminator is the pre-show and there not being enough people in the station to fill up a train.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X