This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's 'The Lone Ranger'

The Lone Ranger will ride again and “Pirates of the Caribbean” director Gore Verbinski will be calling the shots for the Disney.

Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimer have been talking about a Lone Ranger feature film for years and announced in 2008 that Johnny Depp would play the role of Tonto, the faithful friend to the masked man. The project has been slow to the screen, though, with Depp’s dense schedule and the emphasis by the studio, producer and star on their massively successful ”Pirates” franchise, which has pulled in $5.35 billion in worldwide box office with three films and has a fourth scheduled for release next summer. Now, though, with Verbinski on board, the Lone Ranger revival might move into gallop mode.
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/...r-lone-ranger/

With Gore Verbinski saddling upto direct “The Lone Ranger” for Disney, and his “Pirates of the Caribbean” star Johnny Depp already attached as Tonto, the question is, who will play the Masked Man? Hero Complex has some suggestions for Verbinski and producer Jerry Bruckheimer. Vote and let us know whom you’d like to see yelling, “Hi-ho, Silver!“:

11/4/08
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/1069...re-3-more.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Disney's 'The Lone Ranger'

Jackman is franchised up, as is new sexiest man alive Ryan Reynolds. Clooney has already produced & starred in a series w/ 'Oceans 11' and has the Oscar prestige.

I'm going Jon Hamm because he is lovely & talented (great work in Affleck's 'The Town'), and would look quite good on a horse and in a tiny mask.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
      Jackman is franchised up, as is new sexiest man alive Ryan Reynolds. Clooney has already produced & starred in a series w/ 'Oceans 11' and has the Oscar prestige.

I'm going Jon Hamm because he is lovely & talented (great work in Affleck's 'The Town'), and would look quite good on a horse and in a tiny mask.
      Anyone but Clooney and Jon Hamm looks the part.

I'm so stoked for this film!

Comment

I've always liked the idea of Nathan Fillion as the Lone Ranger, but Hamm is also an excellent choice.

Comment

Johnny Depp Wants Brad Pitt or George Clooney for 'The Lone Ranger'
          Source

Sounds good to me I'd like to see Pitt and Depp or Clooney and Depp in a movie together, they'd be great pairs Hope it works out :thumbup:
          "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
          Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt! :gladsad:

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X