Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Snow White's House for Sale: Wishing Well on the Outside, Tiki Room Inside

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow White's House for Sale: Wishing Well on the Outside, Tiki Room Inside

Maybe SHAG will buy it and open a 2nd official store, great location between Beverly and 3rd.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

You just know that some jerk is going to buy it and remodel all the character out of it.

Comment

Cozy.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
          According to wikipedia:

""In the mid-1930s (after a brief stint as a chorus girl at MGM), Caselotti was hired by Walt Disney in 1936 as the voice of his heroine Snow White. She was blacklisted by Disney after the film, as he did not want her to appear in any other films following Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs[citation needed]. Jack Benny specifically mentioned that he had asked Walt Disney for permission to use her on his radio show and was told, "I'm sorry, but that voice can't be used anywhere. I don't want to spoil the illusion of Snow White." She is considered a Disney Legend. The only other work she did following her premiere was an uncredited role in The Wizard of Oz, as the voice of Juliet during the Tin-Man's song, "If I Only had a Heart".
          She did, however, do a few promotional spots for Snow White, signing memorabilia. In 1973, she guest-starred on an episode of The Julie Andrews Hour saluting the music of Walt Disney, singing I'm Wishing with Julie Andrews. She also made a guest appearance on the syndicated Mike Douglas show. Later in her life, she sold autographs. She also made an attempt at an opera career. In the early 1990s, when the Snow White Grotto at Disneyland was refurbished, Caselotti re-recorded "I'm Wishing" for the Snow White Wishing Well at the age of 75.""

Not much of a career if you ask me.
          Yeah because wilkipedia is the most reliable resource on the interwebs. And that blacklisted part says "citation needed" so it's not a totally verified source.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            Yeah because wilkipedia is the most reliable resource on the interwebs. And that blacklisted part says "citation needed" so it's not a totally verified source.
            My thoughts exactly! There's nothing proving that statement is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
              Maybe SHAG will buy it and open a 2nd official store, great location between Beverly and 3rd.
              I hope so, the house would be his type of work.

Timekeeper
              sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
              Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMemory View Post
                You just know that some jerk is going to buy it and remodel all the character out of it.
                I hope not.

Timekeeper
                Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I am sad the only other role was in an uncredited role for the Wizard of Oz.

Timekeeper

Comment

I think it is a really cute house! I think it would be nice to have set up as a museum in some way...
                    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
                    DLR: 1999, 2009
                    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
                    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Comment

ORDDU: My sisters and I recall that Adriana sued the Disney company way back in the 30's or 40's for using her voice on recordings without getting her permission, first. We believe she won her case but it must have left a bad taste in Disney's mouth at the time. Still they were on good terms when they approached her many years later to have her record updated material for Snow White's Fantasyland dark ride. As a side note, Mary Costa (the voice of Princess Aurora) also sued the Disney company for not paying her royalties on the VHS tape release of Sleeping Beauty. She won her case, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                        As a side note, Mary Costa (the voice of Princess Aurora) also sued the Disney company for not paying her royalties on the VHS tape release of Sleeping Beauty. She won her case, as well.
                        Ditto Peggy Lee, who successfully sued Disney over the VHS tape release of Lady and the Tramp.
                        "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                        until Thor told it to me."
                        -
                        Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X