Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Snow White's House for Sale: Wishing Well on the Outside, Tiki Room Inside

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow White's House for Sale: Wishing Well on the Outside, Tiki Room Inside

CurbedLA shows Snow White voice actress Adriana Caselotti's house in Larchmont Village for sale for $1.499 million. Lots of Snow White details throughout, and as Curbed states, the inside could be a Trader Vic's - or the Tiki Room. ) It seems like she really embraced -and lived - her role.

The story is here.

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Re: Snow White's House for Sale: Wishing Well on the Outside, Tiki Room Inside

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    As a side note, Mary Costa (the voice of Princess Aurora) also sued the Disney company for not paying her royalties on the VHS tape release of Sleeping Beauty. She won her case, as well.
    Ditto Peggy Lee, who successfully sued Disney over the VHS tape release of Lady and the Tramp.

Leave a comment:

• Witches of Morva
    replied

ORDDU: My sisters and I recall that Adriana sued the Disney company way back in the 30's or 40's for using her voice on recordings without getting her permission, first. We believe she won her case but it must have left a bad taste in Disney's mouth at the time. Still they were on good terms when they approached her many years later to have her record updated material for Snow White's Fantasyland dark ride. As a side note, Mary Costa (the voice of Princess Aurora) also sued the Disney company for not paying her royalties on the VHS tape release of Sleeping Beauty. She won her case, as well.

Leave a comment:

• Starshyne
    replied

I think it is a really cute house! I think it would be nice to have set up as a museum in some way...

Leave a comment:

• Timekeeper
    replied

I am sad the only other role was in an uncredited role for the Wizard of Oz.

Timekeeper

Leave a comment:

• Timekeeper
    replied

Originally posted by DrMemory View Post
    You just know that some jerk is going to buy it and remodel all the character out of it.
    I hope not.

Timekeeper

Leave a comment:

• Timekeeper
    replied

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
    Maybe SHAG will buy it and open a 2nd official store, great location between Beverly and 3rd.
    I hope so, the house would be his type of work.

Timekeeper

Leave a comment:

• Koutesu
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    Yeah because wilkipedia is the most reliable resource on the interwebs. And that blacklisted part says "citation needed" so it's not a totally verified source.
    My thoughts exactly! There's nothing proving that statement is accurate.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
    According to wikipedia:

""In the mid-1930s (after a brief stint as a chorus girl at MGM), Caselotti was hired by Walt Disney in 1936 as the voice of his heroine Snow White. She was blacklisted by Disney after the film, as he did not want her to appear in any other films following Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs[citation needed]. Jack Benny specifically mentioned that he had asked Walt Disney for permission to use her on his radio show and was told, "I'm sorry, but that voice can't be used anywhere. I don't want to spoil the illusion of Snow White." She is considered a Disney Legend. The only other work she did following her premiere was an uncredited role in The Wizard of Oz, as the voice of Juliet during the Tin-Man's song, "If I Only had a Heart".
    She did, however, do a few promotional spots for Snow White, signing memorabilia. In 1973, she guest-starred on an episode of The Julie Andrews Hour saluting the music of Walt Disney, singing I'm Wishing with Julie Andrews. She also made a guest appearance on the syndicated Mike Douglas show. Later in her life, she sold autographs. She also made an attempt at an opera career. In the early 1990s, when the Snow White Grotto at Disneyland was refurbished, Caselotti re-recorded "I'm Wishing" for the Snow White Wishing Well at the age of 75.""

Not much of a career if you ask me.
    Yeah because wilkipedia is the most reliable resource on the interwebs. And that blacklisted part says "citation needed" so it's not a totally verified source.

Leave a comment:

• Retrocool
    replied

Cozy.

Leave a comment:

• DrMemory
    replied

You just know that some jerk is going to buy it and remodel all the character out of it.

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

Maybe SHAG will buy it and open a 2nd official store, great location between Beverly and 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

sounds like doing snow white killed her career thanks to walt disney....

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied

Originally posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Couldn't have been THAT blacklisted: ". In the early 1990s, when the Snow White Grotto at Disneyland was refurbished, Caselotti re-recorded "I'm Wishing" for the Snow White Wishing Well at the age of 75."
    According to wikipedia:

""In the mid-1930s (after a brief stint as a chorus girl at MGM), Caselotti was hired by Walt Disney in 1936 as the voice of his heroine Snow White. She was blacklisted by Disney after the film, as he did not want her to appear in any other films following Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs[citation needed]. Jack Benny specifically mentioned that he had asked Walt Disney for permission to use her on his radio show and was told, "I'm sorry, but that voice can't be used anywhere. I don't want to spoil the illusion of Snow White." She is considered a Disney Legend. The only other work she did following her premiere was an uncredited role in The Wizard of Oz, as the voice of Juliet during the Tin-Man's song, "If I Only had a Heart".
    She did, however, do a few promotional spots for Snow White, signing memorabilia. In 1973, she guest-starred on an episode of The Julie Andrews Hour saluting the music of Walt Disney, singing I'm Wishing with Julie Andrews. She also made a guest appearance on the syndicated Mike Douglas show. Later in her life, she sold autographs. She also made an attempt at an opera career. In the early 1990s, when the Snow White Grotto at Disneyland was refurbished, Caselotti re-recorded "I'm Wishing" for the Snow White Wishing Well at the age of 75.""

Not much of a career if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Originally posted by von Drake View Post
    And hey: it's not a bad house. Interior maybe a little dated, probably pretty cool in its day. I, for one, am glad she embraced Snow White as a part of her life, rather than growing to hate it.

Thanks for sharing this.
    The shower/bathroom is cool. I mean I like the stone shower (and I want to have a pebble bathroom when I own a home), but the rest of it... You get this sad vibe that being Snow White was the biggest thing to happen to her.... Kinda' sad.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X