Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

A Christmas Story (traditions?)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Christmas Story (traditions?)

Who makes watching "A Christmas Story" one of their holiday traditions?

They usually start showing it on TV around Thanksgiving. And they always show it for 24 hours straight starting Christmas Eve Lasting until Christmas Day. So who makes this film a part of their Holidays? My family sure does, I've seen it every year since I was a little kid.

Re: A Christmas Story (traditions?)

Ever since it came out I have not missed it. Even though I have it on DVD, we still watch it while we have family over. This movie has become such a tradition. Funny thing is my friends work sell Red Ryder BB guns.
    My favorite scene is the Chinese restaurant where they have there Christmas Dinner. Also when the Ralphie's mom & dad are sitting in front of the window watching the snow fall in the dark, this moment is so beautiful with the Xmas lights. Great American Christmas movie.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

We watch this movie every single Christmas morning. The girls get up, they go through their stockings while we make monkey bread and put it in to cook and then open presents while it's in the oven. Once that is done, we eat, the girls play with their toys and we put A Christmas Story on and all fall asleep while watching it. Even if we've already watched it 10 times, we still always put it in on Christmas morning.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
      — Mark Twain

Comment

we do too we watch it at least twice..and of course the wizard of oz..

my fave scenes are the chinese restraunt and when Ralphie says **** for the first time while changing the car tire

Comment

well we technically have to watch it given the fact that it is on all the time during the holiday season. But none the less we love it. The old man is pretty funny.

Comment

No matter how much the rest of my family may dislike it, I will still put it on and watch it over and over again. I have the DVD also and will occasional pop it in throughout the year for my wishing it was the holidays fix. It's one of my all time favorite films, not just holiday films, but all films.

Comment

I always watch it! In fact the TV is on most of the day on Christmas Eve and that's what we put on.
              Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
              FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
              I bring the magic!!!
              "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
              Originally posted by Reverend DMother
              Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

I love that movie ! I watched it last year over and over. I even had to buy it on DVD cause at least one time during the rest of the year, I feel like watching it.

Orlando doing good
                http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                Princess of Randomness

Comment

Nice avatar ksejr1. Very nice.
                  I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                  That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xharryb
                    No matter how much the rest of my family may dislike it, I will still put it on and watch it over and over again. I have the DVD also and will occasional pop it in throughout the year for my wishing it was the holidays fix. It's one of my all time favorite films, not just holiday films, but all films.
                    Wait can the word "dislike" and "A Christmas Story" really go together? Is that even possible?

Did you know that the guy who played Ralphies younger brother, Randy, quit showbiz and is now a puppeteer?

Comment

:ap: We will have to see this along with "Miricle on 34th Street" & the more modern "Scrogged" & "Christmas Vacation" at least once but the 2 movies I will have to see are "It's A Wonderful Life" and "White Christmas".
                      I start fussing to see "It's a Wonderful Life" on Thanksgiving Day, it usually works, everyone is too tired from over eating to argue. :ap:
                      ~ MickeysGirl šoš
                      ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                        Did you know that the guy who played Ralphies younger brother, Randy, quit showbiz and is now a puppeteer?
                        Isn't puppeteering part of showbiz?

I still have not seen the movie all the way through....
                        -Tim

Comment

Ralphie himself is actually in the movie Elf. He's still in the business but mostly working behind the scenes as a producer. He's friends with Jon Favreau who directed Elf and did the movie as a favor to him. He's the elf checking on Buddy's work in the toyshop.

Comment

Hello, see my avatar and sig...
                            (only one of several I have selected for the season)

One of my all time favorite movies, but I can't watch it until Thanksgiving, (hey ya don't mess with tradition) is it Thursday yet...I want to watch it...
                            procrastibating

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X