Robin Williams: The only reason Mickey Mouse has three fingers is because....

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkbeer
    Darkbeer
    • Jan 2005

Robin Williams: The only reason Mickey Mouse has three fingers is because....

Hollywood funnyman ROBIN WILLIAMS has re-opened an old feud with DISNEY by accusing the movie giant of making cheap films.

The MRS DOUBTFIRE star complains the company substantially underpaid him for his role as the Genie in animated feature film ALADDIN, 13 years ago (92).

He sneers, "The only reason MICKEY MOUSE has three fingers is because he can't pick up a cheque."
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com
  • Alchimedes
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Williams was on Leno after the "First Feud" and said "I should paint a sign and stand on the side of the road that says "Will Work for Disney". :lol:
    I don't know if anybody remembers that?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• cellarhound
      MiceChatter
      • Jan 2005

Funny... That wasn't the way I recalled it... No body wanted to hire Robin Williams once he got out of rehab for his Cocaine Addiction...

Katsenberg jumped on making that contract, because he thought he could get the actor at a bargain...

Willaims became Disney Studio's brightest star in the late 80's... It was a keen move to revitalize his career... I don't think anyone knew how popular he would become... I don't think he would make the A list without that contract.

Oh, and nobody ever gets paid their worth... ever... That is the rule of capitalism...
      Check out my other blog:

Comment

• CaptainCM
        The Magics in the details
        • Mar 2005

ya... he took the contract when he wasn't at the top of his game, and when the character exploded in popularity, he wanted more than contract compensation. Typical talent-type.
        "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
        Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
        "
        -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

• desertdweller
          MiceChatter
          • Feb 2005

In the late '50s and well into the '60s the Disney Studios had a reputation in Hollywood for hiring actors on their way up or on the way down.
          "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

• PirateMunkee
            June 3rd, 2011
            MiceChat Round-Up Crew
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by desertdweller
            In the late '50s and well into the '60s the Disney Studios had a reputation in Hollywood for hiring actors on their way up or on the way down.
            Hmmmm They hire Kurt Russell when he was up and coming then hire him again for Miracle when he was on the way down. I don't see that anything has changed.
            PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

• Morrigoon
              insufferable know-it-all
              • Jan 2005

I believe the nature of Williams' complaint stemmed from his contractual requirements, which were adhered to in name only. He didn't really want his name or persona used to promote the film, as they were not paying him for that, so since they couldn't make his NAME big, they made the GENIE big in the ads, and promoted it as IF he were the center of the film, which he felt was wrong.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X