Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Dick Tracy' case finally over - Warren Beatty wins!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Dick Tracy' case finally over - Warren Beatty wins!

The legal fight between actor Warren Beatty and Tribune Co. over the film and television rights to comic-strip detective Dick Tracy has been resolved, with the actor, like the character he portrayed in a 1990 film, finally getting his man.

Leonard Maltin, to retain the rights to the character. Tribune counteredJudge Dean Pregerson ruling in favor of the "Bulworth" star, according to the Chicago Tribune (also owned by Tribune).

Charles Shephard said after the ruling Thursday.

Plans for a film sequel were stalled as the lawsuit went on. The Dick Tracy comic strip debuted on Oct. 4, 1931. Pulitzer Prize-winner Dick Locher recently relinquished duties on the comic strip, handing the reigns to writer Mike Curtis and artist Joe Staton.

Dick Tracy: Warren Beatty finally gets his man | Hero Complex – Los Angeles Times
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Dick Tracy' case finally over - Warren Beatty wins!

Does this mean we can finally see this come out on Blu-ray finally? Please, pretty please??

Comment

Originally posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
      Does this mean we can finally see this come out on Blu-ray finally? Please, pretty please??
      Or even a special edition 2-disc DVD? (for those of us that aren't fully equipped for Blu yet [got a player, just need an HD TV])

And I'm up for a movie franchise reboot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
        Or even a special edition 2-disc DVD? (for those of us that aren't fully equipped for Blu yet [got a player, just need an HD TV])

And I'm up for a movie franchise reboot as well.
        Agreed on both points. It is a Disney release, so this seems to have Blu-ray + DVD combo pack written all over it anyway. And I'm totally fine with a reboot. Just please, PLEASE, keep Seth Rogen away from it! I still refuse to watch GH.

Comment

I vote for all of the above. A nice DVD-BR double pack to keep us occupied while they dust off that yellow fedora.
          sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
          Walt Disney

Comment

The only thing good that came out of that film was Madonna's...

"Dick. That's interesting name. Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick. My body hurts just thinking about it" -Madonna (from I'm Breathless, 'Now I'm Following You [Part II]')

Comment

As long as Beatty doesn't think he can play the role anymore and as long as they don't cast Lady Gag ... I'm game for a sequel.

Comment

But... I like Lady Gaga....
                I am Scary Scott,
                Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                Originally posted by Karalora
                This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

When I saw this as a kid, I remember loving the movie and saying the word Dick so many times. That pissed off my parents.
                  sigpic
                  Be check out my movie review blog at:

Mastermind Film Productions

Comment

A reboot would be great, just as long Warren Batty picks who to as the role of Dick Tracy (with Batty being Co-Producer)

Timekeeper
                    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

It would have to be a reboot and not a sequel because they killed off nearly all of the villains in the first movie!
                      Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                      Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

I say reboot, make it into a feature-length movie franchise (trilogy?), and if Breathless must be blonde and have singing chops, then why not cast Christina Aguilera?
                        Since Beatty's a bit too old to play the part, who could be a good Dick?

Comment

Warren Beatty just turned 74, so I don't think he'd play the part again.
                          Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                          Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X