This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Look at Brave

The concept art looks very rich and earthy. I like the look. Can't wait to see more about this film. Plot feels like Mulan sort of.

Disney has just released this description, along with some images for the new Pixar film "BRAVE".
    HIGHLAND OF THE “BRAVE” -- The rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland serve as the backdrop for BRAVE, a new tale that joins the land’s ancient lore—stories of epic battles and mystical legends passed down for generations. Directed by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman, and produced by Katherine Sarafian, BRAVE is the grand adventure of Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald), a skilled archer who confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts to discover the true meaning of courage. The film also features the voices of Emma Thompson, Billy Connolly, Julie Walters, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson and Robbie Coltrane. BRAVE, full of heart, memorable characters and Pixar’s signature humor, takes aim at theaters on June 22, 2012, and will be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.
    And here are the images:

Last edited by Dustysage; 03-31-2011, 12:06 PM. Reason: Images and descriptions added

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Re: First Look at Brave

A bit too vague for me. Can't really gauge much of the film from those pieces. Still, thanks for the link!
    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Comment

I'm sure D23 will show off more of the movie...I hope it's good...a Princess movie without songs...sounds crazy
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Disney released some images to us today (I've added the following to the first post):

Disney has just released this description, along with some images for the new Pixar film "BRAVE".
        HIGHLAND OF THE “BRAVE” -- The rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland serve as the backdrop for BRAVE, a new tale that joins the land’s ancient lore—stories of epic battles and mystical legends passed down for generations. Directed by Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman, and produced by Katherine Sarafian, BRAVE is the grand adventure of Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald), a skilled archer who confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts to discover the true meaning of courage. The film also features the voices of Emma Thompson, Billy Connolly, Julie Walters, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson and Robbie Coltrane. BRAVE, full of heart, memorable characters and Pixar’s signature humor, takes aim at theaters on June 22, 2012, and will be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.
        And here are the images:

MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

OMG! FINNALLY! a girl protagonist! This what I've been waiting for! All Pizarro movies are pretty predominantly male heros! I'm glad they're catching up! Can't wait to see this film! I love how u said it reminds you of Mulan because that's one of my favorite films! I love strong female heroines!

Comment

Finally a film by Pixar that is not a 'buddy film'!!

Comment

Hmmmmm, is this the "Princess & The Bow" Film that Pixar is going to do, but with a different name?

Timekeeper
              sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
              Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

LOVE the earthy colors and tone of the concept art. Seems great. Very Mulanish which is GREAT as that was a beautiful, under appreciated movie. With Pixar heading this picture it's almost guaranteed to be great. Very different for the Lamp and I am WAY excited for this.

Comment

Originally posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
                  Finally a film by Pixar that is not a 'buddy film'!!
                  WALL.e,Up,and The Incredibles would like to have a word with you

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                    Hmmmmm, is this the "Princess & The Bow" Film that Pixar is going to do, but with a different name?

Timekeeper
                    I think it used to be called "Bear and the Bow," but maybe they found the title too childish, like Winnie the Pooh.

Comment

In Pixar We Trust! Can't wait for Cars 2 and Brave!
                      sigpic
                      Home away from Home.

Comment

Twitpic / BravePixar2012
                        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Is it 2012 yet?

Comment

Set for release on June 22, 2012, Brave, directed by Mark Andrews, is Pixar's first fairy tale fantasy.

The animated film, which includes a voice cast led by Emma Thompson, Kelly Macdonald, Julie Walters, Craig Ferguson and Kevin McKidd, centers on a Scottish princess Merida (Macdonald) who defies her parents by pursuing archery. In doing so, Merida accidentally jeopardizes her dad's kingdom.
                            'Brave': See the First Poster for Pixar's Upcoming Animated Fantasy - Hollywood Reporter
                            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Man its film like this that make me ask....why the hell are you making a Prequel to Monsters and a sequel to cars.....make original films YOU MAKE THEM AMAZING
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X