X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JIMMY FALLON takes over as the host of the Universal Studios Tour

JIMMY FALLON takes over as the host of the Universal Studios Tour

It's official. Whoopi is out and Fallon is in. Jimmy Fallon will soon be taking over as the on-tram host to the world famous Universal Studios Hollywood Backlot tour. No exact date has been given but the pieces have been shot, cut and are ready to go. During production Jimmy brought a few writers from his late night T.V. show along to contribute his signature stylings and humor.

Is this a good thing? Sure. Jimmy Fallon has proven to be a far better Host than sketch comedy actor and he will be hosting own of the most famous backlot tour in the world. Not a bad gig at all. When not saddled with a character to stay in he's actually a lot of fun to watch.

Jimmy Fallon said,
    “We really had fun with filming my role. We brought some writers out from our show and added some jokes, more play with the Studio Tour guides, the tram drivers and we added a song or two. The tour itself is a classic, a really great experience. For anyone with any interest in show business, it’s all there: the glamour, the glitz, all the hard work that goes into making a movie or a TV show can be experienced on the Universal Studios Hollywood Studio Tour. I’m very happy to be a part of it.”

We are certainly looking forward to the fun. RIP Whoopi. Now the real question is, "Will we get a giant JIMMY at the escalator down to the Studio Tour?"
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Re: JIMMY FALLON takes over as the host of the Universal Studios Tour

First Superstar Limo, then Golden Dreams, and now the Universal Tram too? Theme Parks have not been good to Whoopi lately.

Jimmy should be a lot of fun for the tour though!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Makes sense to change hosts every so often, to stay relevant with newer audiences and just the times in general. Not saying Whoopi's not part of these times, of course, she is, but she's a veteran performer now and no longer in her prime. Jimmy's definitely in his right now, so this is a nice refreshing change.

It'll be interesting to see who eventually replaces Jimmy, in another decade or so I would think.....

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
        It'll be interesting to see who eventually replaces Jimmy, in another decade or so I would think.....
        Probably another NBC Universal network star and not another Disney employee.
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

his tv show late night got cancelled or something? no thanks. whoopi is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
            his tv show late night got cancelled or something? no thanks. whoopi is good enough for me.
            Fallon > Goldberg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X