This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (2011)

My significant other and I were watching and making fun of Ghost Hunters International last night when this mini teaser trailer played.
    It actually scared the crap out of me. This film is produces by Guillermo del Toro, and if this is any indication of what the possible Haunted Mansion reboot might be like then I'm on board.
    Release date is set for August 26, 2011.

Here's what wiki had about it.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is an upcoming American horror film written by Matthew Robbins and Guillermo del Toro and directed by comic book artist Troy Nixey. It is a remake of the 1973 ABC made-for-television horror film of the same name.

Here's the longer trailer.

Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Re: Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (2011)

Yeah, this seems a little silly, but a) the trailer's fairly creepy and b) everything I've heard or read is very, very positive. Tentatively excited.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

Comment

Very much looking forward to this movie, as the other recent film del Toro produced, The Orphanage, was very very good and creepy....love me some solid, atmospheric horror. Definitely will be in the theater for this one.
      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Did anyone see this film yet.
        Need to get my butt to the theater and see this.
        Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
        http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

I did, and enjoyed it very much. If you go in expecting great design work, slow-burn type of creepiness, and a solid (but not showy/amazing) film about childhood horrors and kind of 'fairy tale' creatures, you'll quite enjoy it I think.
          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X