Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Wicked. This last trip to India was really a "Wicked" one. I've been listening to the soundtrack for almost a year. However, I read the book on the 18 hour flight. OMG. I was so sad when the book was over. Not just because it was a tad sad, but because I didn't want it to be over. Then I listened to the soundtrack to the musical on my iPod all the way back to the states.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

Originally posted by disneyking
      Ohhh, that makes more sense now. Thanks jmg!
      Keep the posts coming, all you that have seen this play! For I've been listening to it all weekend and I need more info. on it
      what do you want to know?

Comment

Originally posted by jmg4194
        what do you want to know?
        I'm curious to know if Boq really is mad at Elphie? I know he sings in that song that he wants to hunt her down, but doesn't he realize that she turned him into what he is because it was the only way to save his life?
        Or am I wrong in that assumption?

Thanks for answering the continual ???'s everyone. I appreciate it tons
        I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Comment

I can't wait to see it at the Pantages, and then we'll see how well it adapts to the screen...
          See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Wicked was great! I saw it at the Curran in San Francisco right before it went to Broadway. The guy who played the Wizard was awful, so I'm glad they found someone who could sing and dance by the time they got to New York.

The movie and the book are loosely related, but I reccommend it if you're a fan - it is one of Gregory Maguire's best and most intricate backstories. ...You could further understand the socio-political underpinnings driving Elfie to her fate.

...as for Boq, I think he has misunderstood Elphie's good intentions and jumps on the witch-hating bandwagon. Please correct me if I"m wrong.
            :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Comment

Originally posted by DisquietingMetamorphosis
              ...as for Boq, I think he has misunderstood Elphie's good intentions and jumps on the witch-hating bandwagon. Please correct me if I"m wrong.
              i agree, he did misunderstand those good intentions. boq had no idea what really happened to him. cause elphiba actually saved his life.

Comment

Okay, that makes more sense to me now. Thanks.
                Now, I do have a random question that has been bothering me all weekend. Seeing as how I've been listening to 'Wicked' all weekend.
                Doesn't Elphie set the Scarecrow on fire in the movie 'Wizard of Oz'? I can't remember for sure, but I seem to have memories of that happening in the movie. And, if so, why would she do that if she knows that the Scarecrow is really Fieyro? Or, perhaps she doesn't know that the scarecrow is Fieyro at that point of the movie???? I know it's a question that ties Wicked into the movie, but I'm curious if anyone has any opinions on this matter?
                I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Comment

me and my girlfriend were debating that question. what we couldnt understand was why the scarecrow wanted to help kill elphiba in the movie. in the play she doesnt find out that the scarecrow is fieryo untill the very end.

Comment

I'm a HUGE Wicked fan! Hehehe- see my name! I've seen it both in San Francisco and New York, and I just love it. Such a great show. About the Scarecrow/Elphaba thing-
                    Spoiler
                    I'm pretty sure Elphaba knows that Fiyero is the scarecrow-after all, she transformed him. I guess you could just think that her setting him on fire and him wanting to kill her was all a part of their plan. At least, it always seemed like they had a plan to me. Isn't that what the letter at the end is for?

Anyways, glad to find some Wicked people here!

Comment

Okay, so maybe I'm a bit slow jumping on the Wicked Bandwagen, but I just got the CD last night and can't stop listening to it.
                      I'm wondering if anyone out there is as addicted to this Musical as much as I do.
                      And even more importantly, has anyone seen it?
                      I'm dying to know how it is?

Props to all us Disneyites trying to make this world a better place
                      Oh I am sooo addicted to this musical!! The music is out of this world, I've never heard a musical quite like Wicked. I can't wait to see it, which will hopefully be this summer when we go to Disneyland (since it's on tour in L.A.)
                      BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
                      I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Comment

Okay, so maybe I'm a bit slow jumping on the Wicked Bandwagen, but I just got the CD last night and can't stop listening to it.
                        I'm wondering if anyone out there is as addicted to this Musical as much as I do.
                        And even more importantly, has anyone seen it?
                        I'm dying to know how it is?

Props to all us Disneyites trying to make this world a better place
                        I must be waaayyyy behind... What is this "Wicked" of which you speak?
                        :confused:
                        Honor those who fall under the sword.
                        But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

I also love WICKED. Here's a link for the libretto for the whole show so you can find out the plot points. I found it very helpful. I can't wait for it to come to LA in the summer!

http://libretto.musicals.ru/text.php...609&language=1

My favorite song is probably Popular, but I also love The Wizard and I.
                          I think someone has left the shower running ...
                          --Tiki Bird Jose

Comment

^ THANK YOU SO MUCH!!:bow: I knew they changed things for the musical from the book, but you can't get them all through the CD. I really appreciate that.

^^ It's based on the book Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire (Excellent book I might add) about the Life of the Wicked Witch of the west. Highly suggest you go pick it up, even if your not a fan of musicals, or this one. I LOVE hte CD as well, one day I will see the show as well.

Edit: So I read through the play, and while it still has the core story, it's still very different from the book. All I'm going to say is if you want to be surprised by the play do NOT read the link.
                            Last edited by Hector; 03-28-2005, 12:29 AM.
                            "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                            You set the bar I could not live up to
                            Tonight the light is breaking through
                            So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                            Zebrahead

Comment

You can read the book based upon the play, by Winnie Holzman. That helps as well.

Gosh, if you can find it.......it's not on Amazon. Darn.....thought I could be helpful.

Edit: Duh. I guess if you read the play....that's pretty much the book. I'm a dork. Sorry. Um, I love Wicked! :o
                              Last edited by stinkerbell; 03-28-2005, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I wanted to see it while i was in NY but it was packed every night! My friend bought me the soundtrack and i absolutely love it!
                                "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Comment

You could always see it when it comes to Los Angeles...
                                  Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                                  I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot
                                    You could always see it when it comes to Los Angeles...
                                    Speaking of which, tickets went on sale today !!! We got middle mezzanine tickets for only $32. Granted, it's a little far back, but still, I'm seeing Wicked!! I can't wait!!!!
                                    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
                                    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Comment

Count me in as loving Wicked! I have the whole CD memorized even though I haven't seen it live! The music is amazing... and I can't pick a favorite song... because my favorite is whatever song is currently playing.. hehe

I also sing the songs at the top of my lungs in my car...

It's going to be in Chicago very soon... I don't know if I can afford the trip but I would love to if I could!

Comment

I'm curious to know if Boq really is mad at Elphie? I know he sings in that song that he wants to hunt her down, but doesn't he realize that she turned him into what he is because it was the only way to save his life?
                                        Or am I wrong in that assumption?

Thanks for answering the continual ???'s everyone. I appreciate it tons
                                        The answer to this is an extreme spoiler, so. . .

Spoiler
                                        Boq is upset with Elphaba because she turned him into a Tin Man. And no, he doesn't realize that she did it to save his life from Nessa Rose's spell. Right after "Thank Goodness" in the second act, there is a song called "Wicked Witch of the East" that takes place where Elphaba puts a spell on Nessa's shoes so that she can walk. Boq has been staying with Nessa Rose to assist her as governer of munchkinland and when Boq realizes that she doesn't need him anymore, he says he's leaving to search for Glinda. Nessa gets extremely upset, grabs Elphaba's book of spells and starts to place a spell on Boq. Elphaba counteracts the spell, which was shrinking his heart, by turning Boq into the Tin Man. You can also tell from the lyrics of No Good Deed that she tries to protect Fiyero by inadvertantly turning him into the Scarecrow.
                                        I love Disneyland!

Comment

DivaPrincess,
                                          Thanks sooo much for the info. I'm hoping to get up to San Francisco in early September so I can see 'Wicked'.
                                          I notice that you're from Vegas...Lucky girl! I love that city.

the world of disneyking

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X