:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yay!!! Only 14 more days!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mamabot
    replied
    Originally posted by stinkerbell
    Two WEEKS!!!

Wooo Hooo! I really cannot wait! This is going to be so cool!

Leave a comment:

• 1stStarIC2nite
    replied
    So has anyone on here seen the LA Tour Version yet? I wanna know how everyone liked it as I will be seeing it very very soon. I've heard the girl who played Elphaba is phenominal. I just loooooove the music, too :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    Morrigoon, I also am a bit confused as to how the book relates to the musical- it seems much more layered that the musical could be- but my sister (who saw it in new york before idena menzel left the cast) assures me that the musical is every bit as interesting as the book. I have to wait over a year to find out- it doesn't come to minneapolis until July 2006!

I haven't gotten to the part about Boq, but I figured out the Fiyero bit from listening to the CD.

Leave a comment:

• Gemini Cricket
    replied
    This is for everyone going to see 'Wicked' without me.

:razz:
    I'm 'Wicked' jealous. <----) (See that works on so many levels, me going to Boston and all...) :lol:

Leave a comment:

• DisneyMania!
    replied
    omg! I LOVE Wicked! I'm seeing it in three weeks!! omg i'm freaking out. we have row E. aah

Leave a comment:

• Morrigoon
    replied
    Wow, I'm glad I read this thread, because I have the book and the CD and I was really struggling to figure out how the CD related to story elements in the book.

I don't recall Boq becoming a tin man, and I thought the whole thing about Fiyero being the scarecrow was just in Elfie's imagination? But then again, I did the book-on-tape, so maybe I didn't hear some critical bit?

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied
    Two WEEKS!!!

Leave a comment:

• MadameCheshire
    replied
    The music.. amazing. I am seeing it with my Dad and Brother when we go to California in 8 days! I can't wait to see it. My friends have been ranting about it ever since they saw it.

Leave a comment:

• Small Panda After All
    replied
    Okay, I loved the book when it came out. Then my roommate introduced me to the musical when her musical theatre class did their cabaret based on it. It was a great show (these guys ate as close to pros as you can get without actually getting paid)! The only problem I had was that I hated the new Fiyero character in the musical! He turned into this Rico Suave that I didn't think Elphie would fall for. Oh well, the music's great and I still love it. Can't wait till it comes to Sacramento since I'm going to miss it this season in LA...

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied
    Originally posted by mamabot
    Wicked is crack I tell you!

I am sooo excited! How many more days?

And Stinkerbell, the meth labs are all out here near where I live.
    Oh, it's after midnight.......so......

16 more days!!!

And according to all the newspapers and TV news stations (and hello, they know everything), Oregon is the Meth Capital of the WORLD!!! WooHoo!!

Leave a comment:

• mamabot
    replied
    Originally posted by stinkerbell
    My favorite as well. :love: My daughter and her best friend bought the piano music to Wicked, so they can master it for the school talent show next winter. It's a little dorky, but at least they're not doing crack....ooops, I'm in Oregon, we do meth.

MickeyJCA--Wicked is worth traveling for!!!
    Wicked is crack I tell you!

I am sooo excited! How many more days?

And Stinkerbell, the meth labs are all out here near where I live.

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied
    Originally posted by neuhickman79
    I LOVE WICKED!!! My husband(neuhickman80) and I are especially fond of Defying Gravity and that's the song I listened to like 5 million times while driving from Sacramento to Milwaukee when I moved here! It just....fit
    My favorite as well. :love: My daughter and her best friend bought the piano music to Wicked, so they can master it for the school talent show next winter. It's a little dorky, but at least they're not doing crack....ooops, I'm in Oregon, we do meth.

MickeyJCA--Wicked is worth traveling for!!!

Leave a comment:

• MickeyJCA
    replied
    Bought the CD, read the book, went back and re-read the original Wizard of Oz for comparison. Love them all.

I'm just bummed because the show isn't coming to Phoenix until Aug 2006...

Leave a comment:

• creamcityleo79
    replied
    I LOVE WICKED!!! My husband(neuhickman80) and I are especially fond of Defying Gravity and that's the song I listened to like 5 million times while driving from Sacramento to Milwaukee when I moved here! It just....fit

Leave a comment:

• Olympicnut
    replied
    So I'm in for a treat this coming Sunday? I'm seeing it July 3, 6:30. From what everyone has told me it's an awesome production. Cant wait!

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    Victoria and I both read the book when it first came out. We'll be seeing it at The Pantages in Hollywood July 9. Can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied
    Originally posted by csigirl19
    I saw Wicked for the first time almost a year ago... I saw it with Idena Menzel (the original Elphaba) and she was great. She was also in RENT but I didn't see the original cast of RENT. It's not the same when you buy the CD and listen to it and then go see it because you have expectations of the show being like the CD was... at least that's what happens for me... but anyway, Idena Menzel was amazing... I won't give anything away for any of y'all that haven't seen it, but there is one scene that was amazing and it gave me goosebumps all over. I think Wicked is one of my favorite musicals of all time. Right now it's playing at the Pantageus in LA but I wasn't able to get tickets before they sold out. Anyway... Ya...
    What she said. We saw it last year with Idina and my husband and I now have an enormous crush on her.

I started crying during the trailer for Rent. Can't wait to see her (and Taye) in that.

17 more days.....Wicked at the Pantages!!! 17!! WooHOO!!!

Leave a comment:

• csigirl19
    replied
    I saw Wicked for the first time almost a year ago... I saw it with Idena Menzel (the original Elphaba) and she was great. She was also in RENT but I didn't see the original cast of RENT. It's not the same when you buy the CD and listen to it and then go see it because you have expectations of the show being like the CD was... at least that's what happens for me... but anyway, Idena Menzel was amazing... I won't give anything away for any of y'all that haven't seen it, but there is one scene that was amazing and it gave me goosebumps all over. I think Wicked is one of my favorite musicals of all time. Right now it's playing at the Pantageus in LA but I wasn't able to get tickets before they sold out. Anyway... Ya...

Leave a comment:

• mamabot
    replied
    Has anyone heard the radio ads for Wicked? They have sped up "Popular" and "Defying Gravity" to near Chipmunk speed. From what I could tell, it was the Kristen Chenowith version of "Popular" but I don't think it was the Idina Menzel version of "Defying Gravity.

Sooooooo excited. Our tickets have been ordered. I really cannot wait.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X