X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rytheguy
    replied
    Re: Wicked!!!!

Wicked is absolutely the most incredible stage show ever!!! (Fantasmic is on par with it though lol.)... ok so I guess I can't really say that since I have yet to see it. I listen to the music constantly though, have read the book, and have seen just about every Wicked-related video on the web, except a full bootleg. I was soo bummed that it wont come to AZ till next summer that I just got my airline tix 2 Chicago so I can see it there over x-mas break! YAY!!!!! Anyone have any input on the Chicago version of the show as compared to the touring or NY one?

Leave a comment:

• MickeyJCA
    replied

Originally posted by stinkerbell
    They are my kids! I had a Galinda and an Elphaba for Halloween last year!! They had to keep explaining who they were and that they were NOT from The Wizard of Oz. :lmao: Very funny coming from a six year old Elphaba and a three year old GAlinda.

SEVEN MORE DAYS!!! WooHOO!!
    Too cute.

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

Originally posted by MickeyJCA
    Stinkerbell, are those your kids or did you find that pic somewhere? It's very cute.
    They are my kids! I had a Galinda and an Elphaba for Halloween last year!! They had to keep explaining who they were and that they were NOT from The Wizard of Oz. :lmao: Very funny coming from a six year old Elphaba and a three year old GAlinda.

SEVEN MORE DAYS!!! WooHOO!!

Leave a comment:

• Morrigoon
    replied

One more week

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied

Victoria and I will be in the mezzanine tomorrow at The Pantages. I'm really looking forward to this show!

Leave a comment:

• MickeyJCA
    replied

Stinkerbell, are those your kids or did you find that pic somewhere? It's very cute.

Leave a comment:

• DLCM
    replied

September 9th in San Francisco!!! WOO HOO!!! :yea: :yea: :yea: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

What's funny is that my "going through puberty" ten year old completely relates with Elphaba and can't stand Galinda/Glinda. She won't even sing the Glinda parts in the songs.....and she sings the soundtrack every single day.

I think Elphaba's character gets to everyone in that part of them that feels like they'll never fit in. That's the beauty of Elphaba. That she doesn't fit in.

To quote some of the best minds of the 20th and 21st centuries:

"What makes you different, makes you beautiful."
    ~The Backstreet Boys

I :love: Elphaba. Notsomuch The Backstreet Boys, but the sentiment is the same. :lmao:

TEN DAYS!!!

Leave a comment:

• 1stStarIC2nite
    replied

Originally posted by Olympicnut
    I cant even begin to describe the emotions I felt listening to the lyrics, because they really parallelled a lot of -me-, if that makes any sense.

I feel the same way. I have never loved a musical as much as Wicked. It is just phenominal and I feel like I can related to Elphaba so much. All of the lyrics in this musical are so powerful, too. I absolutely can't wait to see it next week!!!! :yea:

Leave a comment:

• Olympicnut
    replied

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!!!!! What an amazing show this is people! I loved this musical, probably one of my favorites. The songs really touched me. As a gay man, I could totally relate to Elphaba (the wicked witch for those who dont know) and her being an outcast and seeing things in a different light, and finding that being in the "big city" where she didnt stand out and was accepted more for who she was and was far more comfortable than the small town. I dont get emotional in movies, let alone plays and such, but I really actually DID find myself getting emotional because of this while watching it tonight.

I cant even begin to describe the emotions I felt listening to the lyrics, because they really parallelled a lot of -me-, if that makes any sense. If you've ever felt a little different growing up, or that you didnt "fit the mold" of society or what the people around you expect you to be, I really think you'll find this play/muscial very appealing. Plus there's quite a bit of humor too which was great, and there were lots of surprises as well!

And dont feel like you need to know anything about it either because I went into it totally blind. I mean I knew it was about the witches of Oz before Dorothy but that was it. It all comes together and actually I think going into it this way made me appreciate it a bit more. One of the guys I went with read the book and although he saw some differences and made some critiques, overall he loved it!

Anyway, I'm gushing :shy: Take it from a guy that doesnt get out to the theatre too often, this one is just freakin' awesome!!! I'd see it again in a heartbeat. Loved it loved it loved it!!!

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied
    :clap: Totally! I love it though. I thought it was so fascinating!!

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    Man, I bet L.Frank Baum is spinning in his grave- he never imagined an Oz like this- I LOVE IT!

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied
    Originally posted by dramaqueen
    is the Wizard Elphaba's father in the musical?
    Spoiler
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    ^ I just finished the book and I have to agree with you, stinkerbell- I think the musical is just very loosely based on the ideas that the books brings up. Even without seeing the musical, I much prefer the story in the musical as opposed to the book- I like Fiyero better in the book, but that's about it. I think they have done an excellent job adapting the book and making it more palatable to a wider audience. I just have one question- is the Wizard Elphaba's father in the musical?

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied
    Originally posted by dramaqueen
    Morrigoon, I also am a bit confused as to how the book relates to the musical- it seems much more layered that the musical could be- but my sister (who saw it in new york before idena menzel left the cast) assures me that the musical is every bit as interesting as the book. I have to wait over a year to find out- it doesn't come to minneapolis until July 2006!

I haven't gotten to the part about Boq, but I figured out the Fiyero bit from listening to the CD.
    I read the book after we saw the show on Broadway last year (also before Idina left) and I think the musical is a thousand times better than the book. I'm just eh about Gregory Maguire's books though. They just don't do it for me.

And the book Wicked doesn't necessarily relate directly to the musical in many ways. I think the musical is aimed more toward The Wizard of Oz movie, actually....not even the books. But that's just my take on it. It's very simplified, obviously.....the book wouldn't play on Broadway very well.

I'm glad I saw the musical first. I was so delighted and surprised and thrilled! I hadn't even heard the soundtrack before I saw it!! I knew nothing going in and fell in love immediately!

Still 14 days!!!

Leave a comment:

• Olympicnut
    replied
    D-phile - I think tickets are sold out for the run from what Ive heard. I got my tix the day they went on sale.

I'll give a full review after I see it Sunday. I'm actually kind of oblivious about the whole show. I know the basics but thats it, which I'm kinda glad about, that way if it was bad (which I'm not expecting it to be) I wont be disappointed. Like Jerry Springer The Musical in London. Knew nothing about it but the basics from friends and reviews and ended up LOVING IT! "Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians". lol

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    I belive it is in LA though July? Then it moves to San Francisco- check www.ticketmaster.com to be sure......

Leave a comment:

• Disneyphile
    replied
    That reminds me, I still have to see it before it leaves LA. When is it playing 'til?

Leave a comment:

• Morrigoon
    replied
    "Did the show ever open?"

".....Not yet!"

Leave a comment:

• Gemini Cricket
    replied
    Here's what's in my head right now:

"Dear Galinda you are just too good. How do you do it? I don't think I could..."

Over and over...

Thanks, guys. Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X