• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disney Wrassler
    Get the Iodine!
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Jul 2005

The worst theatrical movies of 2005

What do you chatters consider to be the worst movies to appear on the silver screen in 2005?
  • PanTheMan
    NEVER to Old To Fly...

• May 2005

Re: The worst theatrical movies of 2005

'War of the Worlds' was disappointing....Not Horrible, but a letdown.

Not any total crapo's like "Gigli", "Showgirls", or "Glitter"... I do hear "Rumor has it" might get the nod for a turkey.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

• merlinjones
      Minion
      • Jan 2005

Bewitched (a criminal Hollywood-PC-feminist revisioning of the brilliant actual-feminist original series)

Star Wars 6 (when I think back to 1978, I would never have imagined that the original Star Wars could have been so thoroughly trashed in every way by its own creator - - almost surreal)

War of the Worlds (a creepy subtextual vibe permeates this Scientology propoganda film, like the "hero" killing a supporting character for no good reason)

Dukes of Hazzard (save the yummy Sean William Scott, yet another unfunny mockery of Southerners from Hollywood's elitists)

Chicken Little (such a betrayal of Walt Disney's legacy for so many reasons I won't even go see it)

Harry Potter 4 (Harry never DOES anything... for four hours... so what?)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (ambiguosly gay Wonka goes though regressive emotional therapy on our time - and those bad songs!)

Fantastic Four (Invisible Girl bitches at cheesy cast for 90 minutes - where's the plot?)

Constantine (how much religious imagery can you juxtapose against violence in a beautifully shot comic book horror movie?)

Herbie 5 - Another Love Bug, but this time with no clever, original visual gags. Just gag.

Anniston Festival - More bad acting in multiple films from the woman who must be burning off her Warner Bros movie contract guarantees for making those extra seasons of Friends. Stick to the tabloids, girl.
      Last edited by merlinjones; 12-25-2005, 10:36 AM.
      “I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.” -- Walt Disney

Comment

• sir clinksalot
        MiceChatter
        • Feb 2005

War of the Worlds (Not complete crap, but VERY dissapointing)

Dukes of Hazard (Complete Crap)

Comment

• Ride Warrior
          Iron-Clad Allie
          • Feb 2005

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy SUCKED so bad that I walked out before it was half way over. There was not even a semblance of a plot, other than to roast God. The film came across arrogant, if not snobbish...and it bombed. I hope the whales that were featured in it are harpooned, the dolphins tangled up in tuna fish nets, and that the producers choke on their next tuna fish sandwich. What a waiste of money.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

• SCUBAbe
            no flash photography...
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by merlinjones
            Star Wars 6 (when I think back to 1978, I would never have imagined that the original Star Wars could have been so thoroughly trashed in every way by its own creator - - almost surreal)
            star wars 6 wasn't that bad...the ewoks were kind of cute....It didn't come out in 2005 though....maybe star wars 3??....that one was kind of blah..

Comment

• merlinjones
              Minion
              • Jan 2005

>>star wars 6 wasn't that bad...the ewoks were kind of cute....It didn't come out in 2005 though....maybe star wars 3??....that one was kind of blah..<<

I don't use the phony Lucafilm revisionist numbering system... In reality, Star Wars was the first film, Empire was 2, Jedi 3 and the other three crappy prequels were 4, 5 and 6. To count otherwise, over-validates the ideas behind the awful prequels that serve to invalidate the original vision of the original Star Wars (now called A New Hope #4 - - poppycock!).

I can remember the orginal Star Wars standing alone as a real movie before it had the chapter number added on reissue...
              “I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.” -- Walt Disney

Comment

• cellarhound
                MiceChatter
                • Jan 2005

Let's see the worst movies I saw this year...

War of the Worlds... (I am supposed to care about this jerk played by Tom Cruse who is also a jerk?)

Chicken Little (I am still trying to figgure out what he plot actually was about... Walt Disney's original short was much more interesting... Comparing the two shows you exactly what is wrong with the Company as it currenty is...)
                Check out my other blog:

Comment

• merlinjones
                  Minion
                  • Jan 2005

>>Chicken Little (I am still trying to figgure out what he plot actually was about... Walt Disney's original short was much more interesting... Comparing the two shows you exactly what is wrong with the Company as it currenty is...)<<

Walt's 1943 CL short is great - - very entertaining, funny, character/personality based and remains a relevant message too...

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                    no flash photography...
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by merlinjones
                    >>star wars 6 wasn't that bad...the ewoks were kind of cute....It didn't come out in 2005 though....maybe star wars 3??....that one was kind of blah..<<

I don't use the phony Lucafilm revisionist numbering system... In reality, Star Wars was the first film, Empire was 2, Jedi 3 and the other three crappy prequels were 4, 5 and 6. To count otherwise, over-validates the ideas behind the awful prequels that serve to invalidate the original vision of the original Star Wars (now called A New Hope #4 - - poppycock!).

I can remember the orginal Star Wars standing alone as a real movie before it had the chapter number added on reissue...
                    yeah...except the are labled as 4, 5, and 6....so when speaking of 6 it's ht eone with the ewoks in it.

Comment

• Disney Wrassler
                      Get the Iodine!
                      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                      • Jul 2005

Isn't the orginal Chricken Little short on the "Disney Treasures: On the Front Lines" DVD?

Comment

• merlinjones
                        Minion
                        • Jan 2005

>>Isn't the orginal Chricken Little short on the "Disney Treasures: On the Front Lines" DVD?<<

Yes and on Rarities as well.

Comment

• Blackie Pueblo
                          Screenwriter Podcaster
                          • Dec 2005

War of the Worlds was pretty much a let down. I thought it was a film about man's inhumanity to man with aliens on the side.
                          I have to agree, The hitchhikers guide was absolutly terrible. Unfortunitly i stayed through the whole darn thing.

And Star Wars WAS pretty bad. If you don't think so just think of Vader-stein rising from the table and yelling.. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "But I didn't... she was alive when I left her... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
                          Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

Comment

• Hakuna Makarla
                            Banned User
                            • Aug 2005

every film you all mentioned!! But I did kind of like war of the worlds. the rest ummm trash it.

Comment

• Disney Wrassler
                              Get the Iodine!
                              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Blackie Pueblo
                              War of the Worlds was pretty much a let down. I thought it was a film about man's inhumanity to man with aliens on the side.
                              I have to agree, The hitchhikers guide was absolutly terrible. Unfortunitly i stayed through the whole darn thing.

And Star Wars WAS pretty bad. If you don't think so just think of Vader-stein rising from the table and yelling.. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "But I didn't... she was alive when I left her... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
                              http://www.newlineagefilms.com
                              To bad Tom Cruise's character survived in the film. I do not blame his son for running off in the film. I would have done the same thing. I mean come on, the kid had a sister that scremed everytime her mouth opened and a dad who is played by a crazy man.

Comment

• Tinker Bell
                                Sock Puppet
                                • Jan 2005

In defense of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, George Lucas needs to realize that he is not a director. One of the reasons that the new trilogy sucks so bad is because the acting and dialogue is pretty bad. The ones that most critics say are the best of the original trilogy were NOT directed by Lucas. He needs to stick with special effects.
                                "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
                                --"Being Alive"
                                Company Stephen
                                Sondheim

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
                                  DoleWhipDrea
                                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Tinker Bell
                                  In defense of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, George Lucas needs to realize that he is not a director. One of the reasons that the new trilogy sucks so bad is because the acting and dialogue is pretty bad. The ones that most critics say are the best of the original trilogy were NOT directed by Lucas. He needs to stick with special effects.
                                  Right on the nail.

His problem with the prequels was that he focused too heavily on visuals and not enough on what was going on with the actors.

Saddens me. Hayen and Natalie are such great actors...in other movies. Ewan was able to stand his ground somewhat.

But I still say that the best acting done throughout the prequels was from Yoda. haha.

Comment

• Churro
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jun 2005

Bewitched!!

Comment

• Tui
                                      And they call me Mad!
                                      • Jan 2005

XXX: State of the Union

I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
                                      What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

• PirateMickey
                                        A Pirate's life for me!
                                        • Sep 2005

I try to forget the bad ones. I do recall that there were too many this year though. Certainly some of the above listed ones, plus many more...

Not a good movie year.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X