X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ring 2

Okay.. I have to rant about this film.

I love Hideo Nakata. I've been collecting his films for years. When I first saw Ringu, I was thrilled with it. Scared the crap out of me. Ringu 2 was next, I found it very entertaining but not as strong as Ringu. I was so shocked and disappointed to hear that Ringu was being remade into an American version, The Ring. Still, I gave The Ring a chance, I watched the whole film. I couldn't make any connection with the film, there was nothing scary about it. I mean come on, how scary is it to see the little girl who does the voice for Lilo and Chihiro (from Spirited Away) looking like she hasn't had a bath in a week and is suffering from malnutrition? Oh yeah. I am scared. Scared that someone might actually have to comb that rats nest of a wig she was wearing.

Hiroshi Takahashi did the original screenplay for Ringu and Ringu 2. I am very skeptical as Hiroshi Takahashi and Hideo Nakata have teamed up again to do The Ring 2. I can't imagine them being able to do anything they really want to without having to modify their work to fit the American stereotypes and cookie cutter scenarios you see in typical American Horror.

I wish I could have optimism about this film.
    Last edited by AnotherPixie; 03-10-2005, 10:25 PM.

The Ring scared the you know what out of me!! :o

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I haven't seen the Ring but what I heard from most of my friends was that it choose "gore" and "jump scenes" instead of actual psychological horror. I saw Ringu and loved it and I *might* see the Ring movies sometime but I'm in no rush.
      Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
      I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
      ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

I can't even stand seeing the trailer. It's ALWAYS on early in the morning I'm half asleep and here comes The Ring 2 trailer SCARY!! but can't wait to see it

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy
          I can't even stand seeing the trailer. It's ALWAYS on early in the morning I'm half asleep and here comes The Ring 2 trailer SCARY!! but can't wait to see it
          SCARY RING 2 COMMERCIAL'S ON ) :lol: Lord but we are pathetic

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I can't stand the American version of Ringu, the only part that was enjoyable was when the horse leaped off the ferry boat thing. It just looked so silly and ignorant. [Someone call PETA on me!]

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
              SCARY RING 2 COMMERCIAL'S ON :lol: (Lord but we are pathetic)
              I did give a little bit of a jump during the teaser trailer when I saw it in theaters. Right after the tv turns on and it gets really quiet then..... BAM:creepy Lilo.
              I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...

Comment

You want to see a good scary movie? Rent Kairo (Pulse) or the original Japanese Ju-on TV movies, Ju-on 2 the Japanese theatrical version, The Eye, Dark Water or Uzumaki. Once you watch these, the American version of The Ring will seem like Swiss cheese, full of holes and it stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Emelius_Browne
                  I did give a little bit of a jump during the teaser trailer when I saw it in theaters. Right after the tv turns on and it gets really quiet then..... BAM:creepy Lilo.
                  :lol:
                  I cracked up when I read this! I guess Samara won't be singing "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride". Darn. :devil:

Comment

How is The Eye? The concept sounds really interesting, it's on my list of movies to watch this summer.

Comment

How is The Eye? The concept sounds really interesting, it's on my list of movies to watch this summer.
                      The Eye is awesome. Absoultely a must see flick. It's going to be hard to track it down though, I found it on VCD over 2 years ago. It's Chinese title is Jian gui. I love the Pang brothers, they directed it. Brilliant piece.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Comment

Wow. I usually have to troll around Japan and China town to find all my flicks. Then again, I usually get them before they become popular knowledge in America. Sad thing is, I heard that Tom Cruise bought the rights to have The Eye remade into an American version. Someone hand me a airline sick bag, barf.

Comment

have any of you ever seen the film "Uzumaki"? Man, there was a lot of disturbing imagery in that one. Even though i'm not sure i'd consider the below screencap "scary" haha. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Hikari to Kurai
                              have any of you ever seen the film "Uzumaki"? Man, there was a lot of disturbing imagery in that one. Even though i'm not sure i'd consider the below screencap "scary" haha. :lol:
                              That scene was pretty distrubing! Good screencap! I love Uzumaki! Let's hope Brad Pitt doesn't buy the rights to remake it. Okay, enough sarcasm for me tonight. I'm going to sleep

Comment

I actually enjoyed the first Ring, and yes I have seen Ringu, which I also like. I'm looking forward to the Ring Two (I love dreamworks for their online marketing www.she-is-here.com go to the links and their forums).
                                "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                                You set the bar I could not live up to
                                Tonight the light is breaking through
                                So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                                Zebrahead

Comment

The first time I saw the Ring my mother had bought the VHS. I was alone in our finished basement, they movie started with showing the film thats in the movie before they even started previews. I was watching and all I had heard about the movie was the phone call thing. Well so "the film" (from the movie) is playing and then the screen goes black and on tv the phone rings. at that EXACT moment my phone rang righ tnext to me. Scared the you know what out of me. I just yelled up to my mom, "MOM GET,THE PHONE!!!"

I am wanting to see Ring 2 I also like Grudge and want to see Boggyman

Comment

The Grudge was better- I even liked the US version, but I want to see Ju-on as well.

The Ring left me a bit flat- I plan to see Ringu when I can. Although I had no clue that was the girl who did Lilo-cool.

Comment

OK I thought the Ring was scary........

You mean to tell me that The Ringu was scarrier?????

I passed up watching it cause i did not think it would be....

I Love scary movies!!
                                      Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

The Ring (as is the case with most Japanese film remade by Hollywood, and that includes Godzilla!( is a pale comparison to Ringu. If you enjoyed the Ring, you owe it to yourself to see Ringu. Chances are you'll feel the way I do when I see Stephen King books made into movies - "Huh?" The original is better, and the American version lacks the depth and subtlety that was present in the original. And that, in my opinion, is what makes the originals so scary. Again, much like SK books, you get seriously drawn into the story, the characters, the world of the original. You feel what these people feel, and your attachment is what makes it so freaky. Then Hollywood gets it, and goes for the startle and the gore, and you lose all of what made the original so good...
                                        Honor those who fall under the sword.
                                        But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X