This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Batman Sequel Rumor Thread

Just so its easier for us to mock and quanitify as one group of rumors I am creating a thread so please if you pick up anything in your net travels bring it here cause i love this stuff
    Depp & Weisz For "Batman" Sequel? Posted: Thursday January 12th, 2006 11:04pm Source: Moviehole Author: Garth Franklin Batman villain casting rumours are like those James Bond candidate rumours a year ago - about a dime a dozen. Over half a dozen names have been mentioned for the Joker, several for The Penguin, and more than few for Harvey Dent/Two-Face. Now some new and interesting ones have emerged over at Moviehole.

Their scooper gives blind item rumours for two characters, interestingly enough one of them is entirely new in terms of being on film - "This is the first screen appearance for this character in the Batman films and she has a very close connection with a major character in Nolan's first Batman movie. She will be out for revenge against Bruce Wayne and Gotham in a major way. As of who the studio is looking at for this role, let's just say that she is nominated for a SAG, a Golden Globe and is on her way to an Oscar nomination as well. She is also in fact five months pregnant and will be in tip top fighting shape once production begins to roll early next year but not before she throws a few coins in a fountain".

The references obviously point to actress Rachel Weisz, currently pregnant with husband Darren Aronofsky's child and winning rave noms/awards for her work in "The Constant Gardener". As for the character, it most likely is referring to Talia - the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul (Liam Neeson) whom shares a romantic connection with her 'beloved' Bruce Wayne.

Meanwhile the scooper also refers to Johnny Depp for the Joker - "The studio is eyeing a major, major actor and Christopher Nolan himself is said to be just as excited as they are in nabbing him for the role. Who is he? Let's just say that he has a major film coming out this summer and it's a sequel to one of his biggest hits. In fact, his performance in the first movie was nominated for an Oscar. YES, they are looking at HIM if he is available for the role and rumor is that he might be interested depending on the script, which is being written right now".

Of course these are rumours and like all should be taken with truckloads of salt.

Re: Official Batman Sequel Rumor Thread

"The latest casting rumour involves Josh Lucas ("Glory Road", "Hulk") for the role of District Attorney and future Two-Face Harvey Dent. Previously Liev Schreiber had been the most oft mentioned rumoured name for the role. Personally I've still yet to hear a name I think that fits the part (whereas Phil Seymour Hoffman as Penguin and Geoffrey Rush as Joker are rumours I hope come true)..." (full details)
    Another for your laughter and amusement...

Comment

I already posted this but wanted to give it a second life
      Philip S. Hoffman Quacks For "Batman"
      Posted: Thursday December 22nd, 2005 5:15pm
      Source
      :
      Batman on Film
      Author
      :
      Garth Franklin
      After having the likes of Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman in supporting roles in your first venture, I always said any villains they hire for the potential sequels have to be Oscar nominees at the minimum if they're going to be taken with any credibility.

Now, Batman on Film scored a report from a scooper adding to a rumour earlier this week that this year's most likely Best Actor Oscar winner may be up for a the secondary villain role in the next film - "I live in the Rochester, NY area, which is where Philip Seymour Hoffman grew up. The media has been covering his Golden Globe nomination for Capote, and in a recent interview with his old high school drama teacher (who remains close to him) on a local news program, she confirmed that Hoffman has been in talks to take on The Penguin in the upcoming BATMAN sequel and is very interested in the role".

As for The Joker, the role is many months away from casting as yet though Sam Rockwell

Comment

Last one I found
        Batman Begins 2: Oscar winner Adrien Brody admitted in Friday's issue of USA Today that he was indeed very interested in playing the part of the Joker in a sequel to Batman Begins - "I watched BATMAN BEGINS. I thought it was really cool. I would love to play The Joker. I think he would be deformed and creepier".

Comment

The number of rumors being thrown out there at this point is getting silly, but I guess the geeks have to have something to speculate (I lovingly include myself in the group). I think most of them have been covered here already, so rather than repeat I will offer up my opinion. Based on all the rumored names I've seen (basically since before begins even opened in the theater), my favorite contenders for each role are:
          Joker-either Paul bettany or Adrian Brody
          Harvey Dent-either Liev Schreiber or Josh Lucas
          Penguin-Philip Seymour Hoffman all the way

I think that covers the big ones doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Xharryb

I think that covers the big ones doesn't it?
            I don't know I do like the idea of Rachel Weiz as Talia...she is certainly a better actress and love interest for Bruce, if for nothing less than revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
              I don't know I do like the idea of Rachel Weiz as Talia...she is certainly a better actress and love interest for Bruce, if for nothing less than revenge.
              Oh totally. If the character truly is going to be used, then she is a great choice.

Comment

Paul Bettany on the Joker Rumors
                Source: Sandra Kraisirideja
                January 28, 2006

Paul Bettany is trying on the villain role in 2006 with the upcoming releases of two high-profilefilms: Firewall and The Da Vinci Code. Could the role of the Joker in the next "Batman" movie be far behind?

Responding to rumors on the Internet linking his name to the role, Bettany said, "Nobody has rung me up officially and asked, 'Would you like to be in it?'" In fact, the only information Bettany has heard has been from friends who have told him they've heard the rumor too.

Asked if he was flattered about the rumors connecting him to the Batman Returns sequel, Bettany said, "Well, I'm just wondering if my mother started the rumors."

Batman Begins director Christopher Nolan is currently filming The Prestige with his "Begins" stars Christian Bale and Michael Caine (plus the "X-Men" films' Hugh Jackman). After that project they are expected to start concentrating on the sequel.
                http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=12928
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Rachel for Talia all the way.

There was a big rumor of (my favorite) character Harley Quinn possibly being in number 2 with the Joker. But I hope that's not the case because I can't think of anyone to play her who would actually do the character justice. Though if they do put her in a movie eventually (which I hope they do), I think the movie should start off with the scene from the comic "Mad Love" where Harleen starts working at Arkham and falls in love with Mistah J.

I'd love to see Crispin Glover as Joker. I suppose Adrien Brody has that creepy face for it too...but I'm not sure he could pull off the laugh and such.

Either way, I'm just glad Christian Bale signed on for three Batman films. Yay for two more Batman films!
                  Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

Rachel Weisz as Talia is just too perfect.

I heard a rumor or suggestion Brittany Murphy could play Harley Quinn. What about that girl in "Wedding Crashers" who had the hots for Vince Vaughn's character? She had that creepy laugh. And they way she said "I'll find you, ha ha. HA!" was creepy, too.

Philip S. Hoffman would be a good choice for The Penguin.

I'd say Liev Schreiber would be good for Two-Face.

Can Adrien Brody act creepy for The Joker? I'm sure everyone knows Crispin Glover can be creepy. Johnny Depp is can be wacky and weird. But can he be creepy?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                    -Jurassic Park

Comment

If they were gonna go with an older Joker ala the same age Jack was for the first Batman film, I would pair him against an older Harily Quinn---Jennifer Tilly, she be beyond perfect, her voice is so close to the cartoon its freakish.

For younger? Brittany Murphay has some decent acting chops against a Paull Bettney, Adrian Brody, Crispen Glover she would be fine.

I think the thing we can be sure of is that there are too many villain rumors floating about and we can by logic eliminate a few:

*We may see Harvey Dent pre-Two Face played by a big actor cameo but doubt it.
                      *Talia is a decent running bet on the heals of the now popular Ra's Al Guel
                      *Joker was hinted in the last, he may be a running theme, problem perhaps main villian or just a thread leading to the third. If he does appear as the main baddie, I would not be surprised by Harily's presense
                      *Penguin is the least likely, as it would come off like a remake of Batman Returns with Divito, he might make an appearance but doubt he will be the main baddie.

Comment

Well, the most common outline that I've heard all along calls for Joker to be the main villain with Dent and Bats working together to bring him down. Then during Joker's trial the accident happens which turns Dent into Two-Face, thus setting him up as the big bad for film 3. This would be the main story with other characters potentially showing up. For example, I believe, as the rumors go, Penguin would not be seen in full Penguin mode, but rather simply as Cobblepot (or whatever the heck his name is).

Of course absolutely every bit of it is all rumor and speculation until Nolan and company wrap Prestige and then switch focus back here. I think it's good that they are doing another film in between so as not to burn themselves out on the Bats realm. (and Prestige sounds pretty cool)

Comment

I just want to know why we have to have two villians all the time? Are the writers that bad that we can't make an entire movie with just the one villian? I mean, the ScareCrow is an awesome villian, but they didn't use him properly in the first one. He could have carried the entire film.
                          Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blackie Pueblo
                            I just want to know why we have to have two villians all the time? Are the writers that bad that we can't make an entire movie with just the one villian? I mean, the ScareCrow is an awesome villian, but they didn't use him properly in the first one. He could have carried the entire film.
                            He is the only villain on the cusp in my mind. Other villians I think cannot hold up an entire film: Mad Hatter, Scarface (the ventriloquist), Talia, Clayface, Man-Bat, Black Death.

I agree they did not handle Scarcrow very well, he was too weird, I would like to see him return in another film but gone over the edge, dressed as a full fledged scarecrow but still working on his fear experiment-Tom

Comment

According to today's gossip, there are two names that are coming up quite a bit around the set of Nolan/Bale/Caine's current project (The Prestige). Those would be Paul Bettany (one of my favorite Joker candidates), and a new comer to the Bats gossip in Jake Gyllanhall for Harvey Dent. Take it for what it's worth, just thought I'd add it to the speculations. I love Jake, just not sure I picture him as Dent (even moreso can't see him as Two-Face).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X