Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Pixar Board To Vote on Approval of $7 Billion Take Over From Disney

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: Pixar Board To Vote on Approval of $7 Billion Take Over From Disney

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...ixcitytop.html
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pixar Board To Vote on Approval of $7 Billion Take Over From Disney

looks like a vote will be coming very shortly, interesting how it pans out.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pixar Board To Vote on Approval of $7 Billion Take Over From Disne

Oh yeah, baby. My stock's gonna soar!
      :clap:
      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pixar Board To Vote on Approval of $7 Billion Take Over From Disney

I think Jobs is the kind of guy you want to help change Disney more towards being creative again...

Comment

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Pixar Board To Vote on Approval of $7 Billion Take Over From Disne

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
          Oh yeah, baby. My stock's gonna soar!
          :clap:
          What do you have? If you have PIXR stock, then it's about as high as it's going to go. The Market Capitalization is at $6.93 billion, according to Yahoo!
          If you have DIS stock, then I think PIXR purchase has already been inputed in its current price.
          I assume this is going to be a stock swap of some sort.

If you think there will be some kind of synergy, I don't think it will be that big. DIS will likely get rid of their a lot of their animators or "programming artists," or whatever you'd call someone who creates computer graphic animation. Will PIXR group be in charge of the crap animation on Disney Channel and Disney Family? Why make it any better? Will more people watch?
          Savings will come from not having to negotiate with Pixar on any future film deals.
          And just think: a year ago it could have been bought (adjusted for split) for about $44 instead of the current $58.27.
          Last edited by sediment; 01-23-2006, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I think alot of people who were bashing Iger before he even started owe him some apologies.

Great first year on the job Bob!!!! Now get on the horn to George Lucas and mend that fence so we can get our new Star Tours already!!!!

Comment

Definitely a new Star Tours. And make sure it premieres here, at DL. MGM can get theirs afterward.

Comment

Hopefully somehow, someway Steve Jobs can figure out how to salvage Eisners effigy DCA.

Pixar Studios sounds like a start though I still prefer Westcot.
                Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
                "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

WOW!!! just... WOW!!!! Since Jobs has been compared to Walt in the past in as far as being a perfectionist and the creative streak... what else new do you think is going to happen from this?
                  Growing older is manditory
                  Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I'd love to see some apple sponsorship in innoventions :evil:
                    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                    Help support the site you love:
                    -Visit the MiceChat store
                    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie
                      WOW!!! just... WOW!!!! Since Jobs has been compared to Walt in the past in as far as being a perfectionist and the creative streak... what else new do you think is going to happen from this?
                      I agree..he is kinda in walts mold as far as creativity and being a perfectionist....but so far its mostly in being a computer geek (not that thats a bad thing i'm one 2) ..not sure if it would transfer over to Disney ..but he isn't afraid to take risks and THAT is another trait walt had that i hope he rubs off on Disney ....i'm SOOO sick of remakes and sequals

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                        I think alot of people who were bashing Iger before he even started owe him some apologies.

Great first year on the job Bob!!!! Now get on the horn to George Lucas and mend that fence so we can get our new Star Tours already!!!!
                        Is that why theres no new Star Tours? i didn't know they had a bad relationship since the studios still has star wars weekend and that...

Comment

Eisner and GL didn't get along too well, heck Eisner hated anybody that he though had more control or power than he had.

Oh yeah we will get a new Star Tours...

A new Submarine ride,

A new Autopia,

A new park may even be added nearby at DL while DCA gets razed to the ground.

Anything is possible with the proper leadership.
                          Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
                          "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

I just hope they leave Pixar alone. Let Disney own, but I think they have proven they are creative enough without any help from WDFA.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X