This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stargate

Sg1- not bad,but since I forgot to watch so much I didn't get everything... All I an decifer is they are about to invade using a super gate....

Atlantis- great show, they have an atlantiean battle ship, this can come in handy... And the preview is interesting...

Bsg- no clue what is going on, havnt seen most of show before... Lol

Doctor who- coming soon...

Comment

• Re: Stargate Goodness

Some good ones last night!

SG-1: Vala's back! Hooray! I liked that we got a bit deeper look into her character. Up til now, we've really only seen hints at whatever may underlie her tough girl exterior, but I think we really saw here that she really cares, but those feelings are often buried.

Atlantis: Can I marry the VFX creators? Kthnx. The Shep-and-McKay-fighting-over-the-girl had the potential to be funny, but IMHO the comedy was kinda ruined by the thought of Shep Kirking again. If he hadn't done it so much this season, it woulda been a lot funnier. Oh, and Ronon running through the ash carrying those two kids? Hot.

Originally posted by Altodette
      I went to the Stargate Con in Burbank last July (my first sci-fi con ever!). It was a real thrill to meet Shanks and Judge and meeting Tori Higginson inspired me to watch Atlantis (though not for long)...

I enjoy the interaction between the 4 team members of the original SG1 team. So, as you can imagine, my interest in the series has lessen since O'Neil became the big cheese and left the team.
      I really wish I'd been at that con - sounds like fun! I've heard nothing but good things from folks who've met Torri Higginson. My experience with her at GateWorld was that she was extremely kind and down-to-earth. I'd absolutely love to meet her in person!

I understand what you mean about SG-1. I really miss O'Neill a lot. I do like Mitchell, but I'll admit it's a very different dynamic than what was there before.

Originally posted by ah schucks
      What I think you both are forgetting is that this is unlike any war on Earth we have ever fought. To compare the rules of war on this planet against other nations whose moral motivations are gray compared to a Wraith who lacks ALL morality.

Wraith devour humans, they don't expand empires, they aren't even evil in the sense like the Gould who enslave humans- these creatures EAT people...they EAT PEOPLE! I love that fact they have created a villian for the show that is completly immoral. The Wraith are like vampires or zombies- they must be killed or stopped...

Further more you are looking at the wrong moral implications- if Atlantis could reverse the effects of the insects that make them Wraiths- then perhaps they would be saving a whole host of humans and preventing millions and millions of lost lives...I am not justifing the study but it certainly has some moral standing.
      But is it okay for us to only apply our morals to some groups and not others? I mean, the Nazis were clearly lacking in morality, but that did not make it okay for us to experiment on them - that would have made us no better than them!

Yes, they're trying to eat us. That's their nature. I'm not saying we should never fight back or kill in self-defense because clearly that's a matter of survival. But to play God with the very nature of a species? That's pretty morally dubious.

I do, however, see where you're coming from about saving millions of lives.
      "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Stargate- Not bad... verry clamatic ending.. Can't wait for the next season....
        (after Doctor Who.. lol)

Atlantis: Opwning is comedic and nice... still watching...

edit: Atlantis: Wow! Amazing climax how the ..... wait a second.. never mind.. you can watch it then you will know how something major happens with a plot twist and how something is in trouble that wasn't before...

Galatica: Um.. I dont really watch it.. lol
        Last edited by figment1986; 03-10-2006, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Loved the ending of SG-1 - a real cliffhanger, and that last shot just made me wanna cry. It really gives me a lot of faith in their ability to incorportate Vala into the storylines, because we see stuff like that and we know that there's SO much more to her character than she usually lets us see. *in a Shrek voice* "Valas are like onions..."

Atlantis was an okay one. I mean, it was hard not to see that double-cross coming. I feel horribly bad for them. Unfortunately, the situation they were in was really "damned if ya do, damned if ya don't." Still, sending the Wraith to Earth is a pretty heavy burden to bear - really glad I ain't Dr. Weir there, because whether or not it's really her fault for the decisions she made, you know she's going to be hating herself for it. Still, I can't help but be disappointed in the end - it's a bit too easy to see how they can resolve the problem with the Wraith coming to Earth (at least generally).
          "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Everyone else here is hitting on the SGs, so I won't repeat any of that. Galactica, though! Holy frell! I'm constantly amazed by this show. The writing, the acting, the "what in the world is going on?" plot twists...

I was so opposed to this show when it first came out. I wasn't even that on board after the miniseries. But now I'm totally hooked! Tonight's episode was an hour and a half, and it still was way too short. And October?!? No new episodes until OCTOBER?!? That's 7 months away!

I only had one beef with tonight's episode, and that's the cylons' feet. The drone versions, I mean. Their bodies are all streamlined and curvy, but they have these huge flat feet, and they walk like they're wearing ski boots... Oh well. If that's the only thing in the show that bugs a perfectionist like me, they're doing awfully well.

I continue to be amazed by James Callis' portrayal of Baltar. I want to hate this man, I really, really do. But I can't. He's so bad, in a "I'm not trying to be bad!" way. He has just enough humanity in him to keep him likable. And Roslin trying to fix the election made it even worse. It made her look bad, and him look more sympathetic.

They've done a phenominal job with the sho this season, and I can't wat to see where it goes from here... Oh, wait, I guess I can. Ontil Oct, anyway...
            Honor those who fall under the sword.
            But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

You know... Maybe SG1 will resolve the issue.. and then the weith invade... starting that conflict next season... having them need for more cross overs to solve the problem... While introducing a newer ancient evil in the pegasis Galaxy...

Comment

SG1- freaking amazing. I am however a bit bummed normally with this type of cliffhangers at least there is some notion of where they are heading as in the weapon was found but not in time. I am however bummed that yet again we lost two earth vessels in such an anti-climatic manner. At least we see that these ships are even superior to Asgard and Gould tech. I loved that Samantha was left there in space all alone--so sad.

Atlantis- not surprised in the least but we'll say that I loved that the Wraith have finally figured out that Rodeny was the key to everything they needed. It will be interesting to see how that works next season. I doubt very much that the Wraith will make it Earth but I do believe that good things will happen, even if the download was a worm, it probably had some genuine nuggets of information that will give Atlantis some advantage. Plus the ancient ship, plus the weaponized retro-virus, plus well new squiddies and new tech- not worried about them kicking the crap out of the Wraith.

Galatica- loved and hated every minute of it. Basically why waste an entire year of the show in this way? It changes the very dynamic of show, the next few season now promise to be nothing like the beginning and I fear that because everytime I have seen a sci-fi show take such a dramatic depature it has failed miserably- see also Earth Final Conflict and Andromeda. It could be good and I will wait to reserver judgement but I am highly freaking nervous and suspicious.

Comment

Remember.. the ancient ship was barely ready.. and didn't have squiddies capability.. without rodney it might not be ready for a fight...

Comment

I pretty much agree with everyone else on SG-1 and Atlantis so I won't discuss them much here. But Galactica was what got me and my friends talking. I am so totally amazed by that show. Detonating a nuke in the fleet wasn't enough of a cliff hanger for them! (They lost, what, like 10,000 people from that? It's just a rough estimate from the New Caprica population, but I don't know how many people were still on the fleet crew.) Now they get invaded!! Well, I'm hoping if anything interesting happened on New Caprica in that year we lost it'll be covered in a flashback episode next season.
                    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                      Remember.. the ancient ship was barely ready.. and didn't have squiddies capability.. without rodney it might not be ready for a fight...
                      Yes but it was my impression that it was dang close according the conversation in the first few minutes of the episode and Dr. Zalinca is pretty proficient in Ancient tech, I believe it could be operational if need be.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X