X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ah schucks
    My 2 cents on Stargate-

The appeal of Stargate versus a lot of the horriable sci-fi stuff that gets out there, is actually the simplicity of the show. You have an ancient device which in theory bends space and creates wormholes- no real explanation how its done, it just does. So you throw great characters in with a great group of villians and you have an amazing show that does not take itself seriously. Brilliant.
    Exactly! I like that they don't feel the need to explain exactly how everything works. I can suspend my disbelief! Farscape did the same thing. They don't need to come up with some horribly complex explanation, that just let the audience have a little faith.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Shepard (to the captured wraith): Do you have a name? (long pause) ok then we'll call you Bob!

Comment

Ah, Bob and Steve. Any bets on the name Sheppard gives the next Wraith they catch?
        "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
          Ah, Bob and Steve. Any bets on the name Sheppard gives the next Wraith they catch?
          Joe?
          Honor those who fall under the sword.
          But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Ted, Jack or Johnny

Comment

Stargate Update

Regarding Friday's two part season finales-
              Spoiler
              any thoughts if the two shows will cross over this week regarding the ZPM? If the damn thing could power the gate, could they send it through while the gate is open and help Atlantis?

SCI FI Channel announced that Beau Bridges, Lou Gossett Jr. and The X-Files' Mitch Pileggi will join the casts of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis as the two shows gear up production for their new seasons.

Bridges will join SG-1 as Gen. Hank Landry, the new head of Stargate Command, when Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) is promoted to oversee Homeworld Security. Bridges will have a regular role on SG-1 and will also appear in a few episodes of Atlantis.
              What does this mean for Hammond of Texas?

Oscar winner Gossett joins the cast of SG-1 in a recurring role as a Jaffa leader who vies with Teal'c (Christopher Judge) for political control of the new Jaffa nation.
              Thats just rad- first Wayne Brady this season as a Jaffa then Issac Hayes. Damn this is sweeter than sweet.

Pileggi, best known to SF fans for his recurring X-Files role as assistant FBI director Walter Skinner, takes on a recurring role in Atlantis as a hard-nosed colonel who butts heads with Dr. Weir (Torri Higginson) and Maj. Sheppard (Joe Flanigan).
              I am guessing this means they connect with Earth? Or he has been hiding all through season one? He is an an awesome actor- I really liked the Mountain, too bad it was cancelled but it means he is gonna hop over to Atlantis more power to him. Would love to see him take control for Dr. Weir she bugs me. Too touchy feely to run a miltary/science outpost.

Production on both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis is set to begin in March for summer premieres on SCI FI.
              I love that they come on during the summer, something new to watch-

Comment

Sorry my first post crashed my puter

Comment

What does this mean for Hammond of Texas?
                  They said last year at ComicCon that he'd be around from time to time, so assume his role will be much like it was this past season - recurring, but not regular.

Thats just rad- first Wayne Brady this season as a Jaffa then Issac Hayes. Damn this is sweeter than sweet.
                  Yes! I loved Wayne as a Jaffa. I've never seen him play a serious bad guy before, so that was great.

Would love to see him take control for Dr. Weir she bugs me. Too touchy feely to run a miltary/science outpost.
                  I actually kinda like her. I agree, she's a bit touchy-feely, but I think that's also something that's changing as far as character development goes. The more the series progesses, the more she learns that there are times she they have to take military action, as much as she's hated the military in the past. But I think besides being a military/science outpost, they're also trying to win allies in Pegasus, so they definitely need someone diplomatic there, like Dr. Weir. I do wish she'd get to see a bit more action, though. Poor girl's only been through the Gate once, and I don't think she's ever even touched a gun. But as far as the new character, I'm waiting to see how it works out. The whole description of the character makes him sound a bit unnecessary. Don't they already have two people who butt heads with Dr. Weir - Bates and Kavanagh? Do they really need a third? Although it will be cool to see Mitch Pileggi on the show, cause I was a die-hard X-Files fan.

Comment

Yes! I loved Wayne as a Jaffa. I've never seen him play a serious bad guy before, so that was great.
                    OMG- Did you see him on Chappelle Show? Best episode ever! Wayne Brady is the man!

Comment

OMG- Did you see him on Chappelle Show? Best episode ever! Wayne Brady is the man!
                      That was hilarious. That and the Prince episode are my favorate two. I think I missed him as a Jaffa though... When was this? I'm sur I saw it, but didn't even notice! Duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                        That was hilarious. That and the Prince episode are my favorate two. I think I missed him as a Jaffa though... When was this? I'm sur I saw it, but didn't even notice! Duh!
                        It was this season sometime after the break during January or February- the same episode they found the time traveling Jumper on the planet where Lt. Harry Melbourne has taken the guise as an all seeing profit/king.

Wayne Brady played a deadly first prime of Ares who came to the planet and attacked. He has a badass fight with Tel'c. He was very frightening.

He was also on the season finale of Reno 911. That guy is everywhere and everyone seems to love him.

Comment

"Is Wayne Brady gonna hafta choke a b****?" :lol:

Comment

It was this season sometime after the break during January or February- the same episode they found the time traveling Jumper on the planet where Lt. Harry Melbourne has taken the guise as an all seeing profit/king.

Wayne Brady played a deadly first prime of Ares who came to the planet and attacked. He has a badass fight with Tel'c. He was very frightening.

He was also on the season finale of Reno 911. That guy is everywhere and everyone seems to love him.
                            Here's one of the pics of him from the episode:
                            Wayne as a Jaffa

Comment

That totally explains it! I saw the first like 1/3 of that episode, and never saw the end... Doh!

Comment

Here's one of the pics of him from the episode:
                                Wayne as a Jaffa
                                Thanks for the link! I have that exact knife at hime! It's a Hibben!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                                  That totally explains it! I saw the first like 1/3 of that episode, and never saw the end... Doh!
                                  You, like many others, were probably watching Friday's episode thinking "Now where the hell did they get a jumper?" I think its incredibly cool that Sheppard and O Neal are the only ones with the ancient gene who can fly those things and both were pilots previously for the Air Force.

I am already way to excited for next season with all the people joining the cast, the show is steadily picking up popularity, I wonder if it will ever make a reverse leap to the big screen again? Macguver rules *runs away*

Comment

I am already way to excited for next season with all the people joining the cast, the show is steadily picking up popularity, I wonder if it will ever make a reverse leap to the big screen again? Macguver rules *runs away*
                                    Last year at ComicCon, they said they were looking at doing another feature film, this time with SG-1. I sure hope so!

Unfortunately, Richard Dean Anderson is leaving the show...

Comment

Last year at ComicCon, they said they were looking at doing another feature film, this time with SG-1. I sure hope so!

Unfortunately, Richard Dean Anderson is leaving the show...
                                      Of course he is- he is an executive producer now, Macguver is getting popular again in DVD form and he wants to probably try some other material like films and mainstream television!

Comment

I don't really blame him, the show's running on nine years now. That's a long time, escpeically when his family's in LA. But it's still sad to see him go.

Comment

all I know is I am going to have Ben Browder to watch again- I am a happy happy girl

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X