This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nephythys
    all I know is I am going to have Ben Browder to watch again- I am a happy happy girl
    I wish he was the one replacing Jack but alas that would be too much sci-fi shuffling it would look like they stripped him from Farscape specifically for this show. I just hope he isn't running around yelling "pilotttttttttt"

As to Richard Dean Anderson- I think if we have seen anything about this show is that he will be back more often than we can possibly guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
      I wish he was the one replacing Jack but alas that would be too much sci-fi shuffling it would look like they stripped him from Farscape specifically for this show. I just hope he isn't running around yelling "pilotttttttttt"
      It would be funny to hear him say "frell" on Stargate, though. I think Claudia did in her SG-1 episode, but it was really hard to hear. I'm trying to remember exactly where it was... I wanna say it was when Daniel picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, but I'm not sure.
      "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

My mom tapes them all- I'll get her to pull the eps and check.

I loved when Ben did the co-star role on CSI- awesome show and he did it so well. The writers of CSI are huge Farscape fans and Farscape did get mentioned on the show.

He won't let anyone down- what I think would be hilarious is if his wife started showing up in guest spots like she did in every season of Farscape.

Comment

The episode with Claudia was priceless- when Daniel thought she was a gay male super soldier, I am almost cried laughing....speaking of which, they should have a gay Gould, that would be hysterical! (pause) Ok maybe not.* Has a Daniel Jackson moment*

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
            He won't let anyone down- what I think would be hilarious is if his wife started showing up in guest spots like she did in every season of Farscape.
            Yes! I love the line in.. erm... I think it was We're So Screwed Part 3 where Crichton yells after Ahkna (aka Ben's wife): "See ya later, Sweetheart!" :lol:
            "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

As much as I love RDA, Ben will add a lot to the show that Anderson simply couldn't. Ben's range of acting is far wider than Anderson's... Ben can be just as funny and sarcastic, just as serious, but he has an intensity that Richard just doesn't have. RDA is simply more laid back and relaxed. The episode in Farscape where Crichton was stranded on the planet Acquara, seemingly a paradise, by accident, I couldn't see him kicking back, doing nothing, living there the rest of his life. I think he'd go crazy with so little to do. Jack, on the other hand, would have been happy there until he died...

I think Browder's enrgy and intensity will add some juice to SG1, and maybe crank up the action a bit. It remains to be seen now what's going to happen in the galaxy, with the Replicators gone, and the new Jaffa nation seriously injuring the power of the system lords...
              Honor those who fall under the sword.
              But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                The episode in Farscape where Crichton was stranded on the planet Acquara, seemingly a paradise, by accident, I couldn't see him kicking back, doing nothing, living there the rest of his life. I think he'd go crazy with so little to do. Jack, on the other hand, would have been happy there until he died...
                "Jeremiah Crichton"? Oh, lordy, as much that I love Farscape, I couldn't stand that episode... the new Farscape DVDs that are coming out these days, one of them has a Ben-and-Claudia commentary on this one, and it's hilarious... :lol:

Comment

*eyes glaze over* this is so beautiful- this thread is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                    "Jeremiah Crichton"? Oh, lordy, as much that I love Farscape, I couldn't stand that episode... the new Farscape DVDs that are coming out these days, one of them has a Ben-and-Claudia commentary on this one, and it's hilarious... :lol:
                    LOL. I love Claudia in interviews and commentaries. She's so silly and giddy. She's like a teenager!

Comment

LOL. I love Claudia in interviews and commentaries. She's so silly and giddy. She's like a teenager!
                      Oh, man, you should see her and Ben in person... I saw them at Comic Con and again at the Burbank convention last November. Funniest. Panels. EVER. The two of them together are a riot! I actually went home from the Burbank convention without my voice because I was laughing so hard.

(paraphrased, due to my awful memory, LOL)
                      Audience Question: How do you keep up with the routine of television? Having to get up that early every morning? How do you keep doing that?
                      Claudia: *picks up a water bottle and casually drops it in front of Ben* Oh, could you bend over and get that for me, please? *sits back with an innocent smile*

:lol:

Comment

Bridges will join SG-1 as Gen. Hank Landry, the new head of Stargate Command, when Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) is promoted to oversee Homeworld Security. Bridges will have a regular role on SG-1 and will also appear in a few episodes of Atlantis.
                        This is the only part I might have issues with. I really REALLY don't like the Bridges brothers, and neither one of them look like that could be in the military, much less in command of a post like the SGC...

Comment

I LOVE her screen name in chats- ChickWithAGun

She is awesome and Ben is....well...wow.....

Jermiah Crichton is not one of my favorites either- Crackers Don't Matter, Kiss the Princess...those are better- oh but I love them all really.....I love love love Farscape- and now, I can hook into SG1 because of Claudia and Ben.

Comment

This is the only part I might have issues with. I really REALLY don't like the Bridges brothers, and neither one of them look like that could be in the military, much less in command of a post like the SGC...
                            Are you kidding? First time I saw Hammond I thought the same thing and he reminded me of a second rater version of Beau Bridges- its an excellent choice.

Intially I thought Jackson and Carter weren't miltary material, but then again Shanks bulked the hell up-Tom

Comment

Are you kidding? First time I saw Hammond I thought the same thing and he reminded me of a second rater version of Beau Bridges- its an excellent choice.
                              I respectfully disagree... Hammond wouldn't have been my first choice, but beau is way too doughy to me. Not nearly hard enough to be in a military supervisory position. I'll keep my mind open, though, and wait and see...

Intially I thought Jackson and Carter weren't miltary material, but then again Shanks bulked the hell up-Tom
                              Shanks has toughened up a lot over the years. The first half of the first season he seemed to be trying too hard to emulate Spader from the movie. Similar squint, mannerisms, etc... Took him a while to find his "own" Jackson. Once he did, he never looked back, though, so kudos for him. It's a shame they couldn't get Mili Avital to play Sha'uri in SG-1, though. There was another lady who absolutely lit up the screen...

Comment

Shanks has toughened up a lot over the years. The first half of the first season he seemed to be trying too hard to emulate Spader from the movie. Similar squint, mannerisms, etc... Took him a while to find his "own" Jackson. Once he did, he never looked back, though, so kudos for him. It's a shame they couldn't get Mili Avital to play Sha'uri in SG-1, though. There was another lady who absolutely lit up the screen...
                                RDA always held a certain respectable humor about his character and was the most interesting with his reactions, but as time has passed Shanks has really ousted him, becoming something of a marvel to watch his talent unfold over the last 8 seasons (minus what was it 2 for Jonas-god rest his soul)

It was unfortunate Shanks was ousted from the show but he returned with a vegence and a fury reclaiming a new more witty DJ role.

In last weeks episode he seemed very comfortable slipping into a nerdy type role while Amanda Tapping seems to force a bad performance onto the screen.

I am still curious if anyone has thoughts to the connection between the ZPM in last week's episode of SG1 to the plot of the Atlantis?

Comment

I am still curious if anyone has thoughts to the connection between the ZPM in last week's episode of SG1 to the plot of the Atlantis?
                                  I'd say there's a safe bet on a connection. New blood coming to Atlantis? New SG1 cast members having a recurring role on Atlantis starting next season? I'd say it's a safe bet that they recover the ZPM in the past (anyone else annoyed that Ra's headpiece in SG1 was totally different that the one in the movie?), and are able to open a wormhole to Pegasus. Then they either find a way to send it through, or just keep it on base as a constant power source for that particular reason... If they don't get it to Atlantis, our tem there is in a world of hurt... I noticed on the preview for part 2 of the finale that there were an awful lot of heavy-combat dressed military personell in Atlantis all of the sudden. Could be they send reinforcements at the endo of the SG1 finale. Who knows.

Comment

I'd say there's a safe bet on a connection. New blood coming to Atlantis? New SG1 cast members having a recurring role on Atlantis starting next season? I'd say it's a safe bet that they recover the ZPM in the past (anyone else annoyed that Ra's headpiece in SG1 was totally different that the one in the movie?), and are able to open a wormhole to Pegasus. Then they either find a way to send it through, or just keep it on base as a constant power source for that particular reason... If they don't get it to Atlantis, our tem there is in a world of hurt... I noticed on the preview for part 2 of the finale that there were an awful lot of heavy-combat dressed military personell in Atlantis all of the sudden. Could be they send reinforcements at the endo of the SG1 finale. Who knows.
                                    The preview also indicates an "incoming wormhole" Earth perhaps? Also the first shot of the preview shows energy/fire power bursting from Atlantis...ZPM perhaps? Sheppard is also strapped into that chair in the preview?

Comment

I'd love to see Atlantis fully juiced. Just once. I don't think they can leave it that way, because it sort of the defeats the sense of danger they've established as always being at risk from the Wraith... But to have the wraith attack, and have a fully charged Atlantis (with Sheppard in control of the defences, via the control chair), kicking some Wraith nether-regions and taking names... That would be a sight to see. Even if it doesn't last.

Comment

I think Atlantis could be partially juiced from that point forward, cause there is so much they don't understand and it appears that even with a full powered Atlantis the Ancients could not defeat the Wraiths- therefore it will require some new blood so to speak to defeat the Wraiths, without as much relance on Ancient technology.

Comment

Even thought the Agent Technology is more powerful than Earth's current technology...

What if the Wraith is an evolved form of a genetic experament from their past?? The clue to destroying them may be inside Atlantis?? Have they explored the entire city yet or only certain sectors...

(remember they found something that was similar to the species on another expedition..)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X