This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by figment1986
    Even thought the Agent Technology is more powerful than Earth's current technology...

What if the Wraith is an evolved form of a genetic experament from their past?? The clue to destroying them may be inside Atlantis?? Have they explored the entire city yet or only certain sectors...

(remember they found something that was similar to the species on another expedition..)

Its been made very clear that they have only scratched the surface of the knowledge and physical structure of Atlantis. I have never seen a size estimate but you can easily guess the damn thing is like 6 or 7 times larger width wise as Disneyland and many many many stories high and had some levels that are beneath the surface it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
      Its been made very clear that they have only scratched the surface of the knowledge and physical structure of Atlantis. I have never seen a size estimate but you can easily guess the damn thing is like 6 or 7 times larger width wise as Disneyland and many many many stories high and had some levels that are beneath the surface it would seem.
      And of course we're assuming that the city they are in is the only Ancient city on the planet. Which makes one wonder, is the city Atlantis, or the planet? I find it hard to believe that small city was the only place on the planet that the Ancients inhabited. Are there other cities? Whas this simply the last stronghold? Are there more Ancient goodies hidden on the planet?
      Honor those who fall under the sword.
      But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

They are gunning for Stargate: Sg1- Part Deux- so we can safetly assume that its gonna ramp up and have similar WTF qualities as the original show---so you theory Reaver is probably not far off the mark. We can expect other enemies besides the Wraith and rival factions. I suspect some of the fall out from Anubis, Daniel Jackson and the Ancients will sweep into Atlantis as we have already encountered one ancient- there must be more and this show is about there story.

Comment

I think Atlantis could be partially juiced from that point forward, cause there is so much they don't understand and it appears that even with a full powered Atlantis the Ancients could not defeat the Wraiths- therefore it will require some new blood so to speak to defeat the Wraiths, without as much relance on Ancient technology.
          I seem to recall McKay saying (I think in last Friday's episode) that if fully-powered, Atlantis cold easily outgun the three Wraith ships that were moving in. We saw how easily just that satellite took out a whole hive ship. I think he said that the only reason that the Ancients lost the war in the first place was because the Wraith were far too numerous, but the Ancients still had the superior technology by far.
          "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
            I seem to recall McKay saying (I think in last Friday's episode) that if fully-powered, Atlantis cold easily outgun the three Wraith ships that were moving in. We saw how easily just that satellite took out a whole hive ship. I think he said that the only reason that the Ancients lost the war in the first place was because the Wraith were far too numerous, but the Ancients still had the superior technology by far.
            Yes but didn't they say that ALL the Wraith ships were disturbed so 3 ships is nothing compared to the onslaught the Wraith could deliever. I still believe it won't be the Ancient technology directly that will give them the advantage. We'll have to wait and see-

Comment

hmm... why couldn't they discover the agent instructions on how to recharged the depleted power on the RPMs??? (did I get it right..)

it has got to be there somewhere.... and how could earth only have 2 when that was where the Ancients were as well.... 4 powers for atlantis.. and only 2 for earth.. one dissappeared in ancent times...

Comment

Yes but didn't they say that ALL the Wraith ships were disturbed so 3 ships is nothing compared to the onslaught the Wraith could deliever. I still believe it won't be the Ancient technology directly that will give them the advantage. We'll have to wait and see-
                True. The Wraith are still all waking up, and they're all probably hungry. It kinda makes you wonder if we won't see a massive Wraith attack in a future season-ender - kind of like how one Goa'uld ship attacking Earth used to be a big deal, and now they gotta outdo themselves by sending massive fleets.
                "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

You know, I've never watched Farscape, but I'm willing to see SG-1 With some new blood in it. Personally, i was a fan of jonas Quinn, even if I like Daniel better. I hope that these new people have done their homework on SG-1 and keep the show as entertaining as it has been!

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic
                    You know, I've never watched Farscape, but I'm willing to see SG-1 With some new blood in it. Personally, i was a fan of jonas Quinn, even if I like Daniel better. I hope that these new people have done their homework on SG-1 and keep the show as entertaining as it has been!
                    I hate to be the sad pathetic fan here- but I lost my cable the year he disappeared off the show- last I saw him he was facing Anubis over his homeworld and was being implanted with a device- what happened to him?

Comment

If you like SG-1, chances are you'll like Farscape. Similar humor, action and sarcasm throughout. I didn't like Farscape at all at first, but after a few episodes, I was hooked. and now it's gone... *sniff*

Comment

OMG- This was the best thing Jim Henson Studios has done since they tried to revive Muppets Tonight in the late 90's. Clearly CGI is not an applicable way to create aliens for a sci-fi television series...yet (see also terrible visuals on Enterprise).

However the Muppet created creatures of Farscape are so incredible visually they rival some of the creatures from the original 3 Star Wars films and any other sci-fi show on tv.

I hope we will see more fantastic endevors from the Henson team, hopefully other sci-fi shows will take a cue and take advantage of creature shop.

...and the writing and live actors were AMAZING. The plot of Farscape was like a mix of the new Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG1.

*Battlestar Galactica is really blossuming into an incredible show as well*

Comment

OMG- This was the best thing Jim Henson Studios has done since they tried to revive Muppets Tonight in the late 90's. Clearly CGI is not an applicable way to create aliens for a sci-fi television series...yet (see also terrible visuals on Enterprise).

However the Muppet created creatures of Farscape are so incredible visually they rival some of the creatures from the original 3 Star Wars films and any other sci-fi show on tv.

I hope we will see more fantastic endevors from the Henson team, hopefully other sci-fi shows will take a cue and take advantage of creature shop.

...and the writing and live actors were AMAZING. The plot of Farscape was like a mix of the new Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG1.

*Battlestar Galactica is really blossuming into an incredible show as well*
                          All true. The characters are what made Farscape as popular as it is. And as for the puppetry, I'll give it the same praise I did for the Incredibles, in that there were time I forgot I was watching something fake. Pilot in particular had a presonality that came out more in the physical movements of the puppet than even in the voice acting. Very well done, indeed.

I'm still somewhat on the fence where Galactica is concerned. I like the show itself a lot, but I don't like some of the actors, and the fact that they're calling this a retelling, but make reference to the "old" Cylons, and the "old" Vipers... How can it be a retelling, with all the same character names, etc, when they refer to things from the original show as things from the past? Doesn't make sense. Tricia Helfer has surprised me in her role. I thought she was originally added simply as the standard sexy female role (Seven from Voyager, for instance), and she brings that in spades, but her character is much deeper than I expected. I never know what she's up to, and I love that. Boomer, on the other hand, is terrible. An annoying actress in an annoying role. Starbuck is starting to grow on me, but I still miss the friendship that Apollo and Starbuck had in the original series. These two will never have that, because they cast Starbuck as a female. It ruins the whole brothers in arms aspect... Richard Hatch is wonderfully unlikable as Tom Zarek. A great casting decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                            All true. The characters are what made Farscape as popular as it is. And as for the puppetry, I'll give it the same praise I did for the Incredibles, in that there were time I forgot I was watching something fake. Pilot in particular had a presonality that came out more in the physical movements of the puppet than even in the voice acting. Very well done, indeed.

I'm still somewhat on the fence where Galactica is concerned. I like the show itself a lot, but I don't like some of the actors, and the fact that they're calling this a retelling, but make reference to the "old" Cylons, and the "old" Vipers... How can it be a retelling, with all the same character names, etc, when they refer to things from the original show as things from the past? Doesn't make sense. Tricia Helfer has surprised me in her role. I thought she was originally added simply as the standard sexy female role (Seven from Voyager, for instance), and she brings that in spades, but her character is much deeper than I expected. I never know what she's up to, and I love that. Boomer, on the other hand, is terrible. An annoying actress in an annoying role. Starbuck is starting to grow on me, but I still miss the friendship that Apollo and Starbuck had in the original series. These two will never have that, because they cast Starbuck as a female. It ruins the whole brothers in arms aspect... Richard Hatch is wonderfully unlikable as Tom Zarek. A great casting decision.
                            I agree the pseudo-retelling, quzi-sequel aspect of the mini-series seemed unmotivated and lacked any purpose.

That said, I have only been a mild fan at best during the series. The show takes itself far far far too seriously, which is why I think [COLOR=Navy]Stargate[/COLOR=Navy] won't take to the series quiet yet.

Moore and his team are not pacing themselves- they stand to burn out all the good plot material too soon, if they don't add more lighthearted side stores to the mix. An overriding plot is fun but when taken so frakking seriously it annaihilanates people who don't want something too serious. There is little to know comic relief, even Balthazar's odd behavior lack any really humorous qualities.

The direction of show does not seem to indicate a long term prospect- one enemy, no aliens, no allies and no hope = short lived program like the original!

Comment

I hope that these new people have done their homework on SG-1 and keep the show as entertaining as it has been!
                              I read somewhere in an interview that after Ben Browder got the role, he sat down and watched all of the SG-1 DVDs from the beginning to get the background.

Comment

Farscape is still on Sci-Fi, is about to enter into syndication and is available on DVD- this show is quite simply amazingly mind blowingly good- give it a try. I promise it is worth it-

Get Scaped!

Comment

I have a little problem with Farscape, and it starts in the previews played on Scifi. The first time they flashed some of the characters onscreen I just started to laugh... It's more of an unweighed opinion, but oh well!

Comment

Yeah everbody its Friday only hours to go before we figure out if the alternate timeline SG team can save themselves and recover the ZPM and if that ZPM will help Atlantis!

Comment

Yea for Friday! The problem is, my dorm doesn't get cable, so I have to hope that no one is using the TV in the lobby! Argh!

Comment

hehe.. you should get cable in a dorm.. not right... Or get a Sat... and find a way...

YAY... Tonight is final shows for season.. untill like whenever Sci-fi restarts....

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                                          hehe.. you should get cable in a dorm.. not right... Or get a Sat... and find a way...

YAY... Tonight is final shows for season.. untill like whenever Sci-fi restarts....
                                          They started production on both Stargate shows and Battlestar just recently in the laste few weeks of March. They anticipate a mid to late summer premier like last year. All 3 shows have been ordered for a full and robust season as opposed to the short year Atlantis received and the even shorter season Battlestar received.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X