This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Register - We're mentioned!

Anyone else notice that Al Lutz and Miceage were mentioned in this morning's paper.....WOW! We really are getting famous......
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Re: OC Register - We're mentioned!

It's about how DCA continues to struggle.

I found it online . . . .

www.ocregister.com/ocregister/money/homepage/article_970968.php (registration required)

Very cool! :ap:
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

He's quoted in a story regarding the fifth anniversary of DCA...

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...cle_970968.php

He and others, not part of the DCA Lovers Alliance, seem to think there's hope for it yet...
      Good going, Al and MiceChat...
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Would someone mind just quoting a few main sentences ....... I'd rather not give the OC Register my personal information.

Comment

Here's the part that mentions Al and MiceAge:

Disney officials won't comment on any potential changes because many of them are still in the "blue sky" - Disney's term for the dreaming stage. But Al Lutz, editor of fan Web site www.miceage.com, said he's heard from insiders that major changes are planned.

One plan would reconfigure the entry plaza to make it more welcoming, while removing the Golden Gate Bridge and the large letters that spell out California. Those letters have become a prime photo stop, with children climbing into the curve of the C or the O to pose.

"They just made a core mistake with this (California) theme," Lutz said. "It alienated the locals, and, unlike Florida, our attendance is mostly locals. To get people to come now, they're giving that park away with the two-fers."

Comment

Basically the story's about what many perceive to be the park's dissappointments with the five year anniversary upon us. But it points out that Matt Ouimet is now spending more of his time focusing on DCA...and how the park will be a major benefactor from the Pixar deal...and how Al is hearing from insiders about big changes to come...
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Tim - don't mean to be redundant...I'm just a tad behind you...

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim
                Here's the part that mentions Al and MiceAge:
                thanks, I hate to give out info to see an article also. I never go to the sites that make me regester.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
                  Tim - don't mean to be redundant...I'm just a tad behind you...
                  HA!!! I win!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!! :yea: :yea:

Comment

I am so glad to add to your Saturday evening enjoyment...:bow: Forever at your service...We now return to your regularly scheduled thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
                      He and others, not part of the DCA Lovers Alliance, seem to think there's hope for it yet...
                      LOL!! I thought that line was part of the article and that the DCA Lovers Alliance was mentioned in the article. Duh ...

Comment

One could take this Ouimet quote several ways:

"From a marketing standpoint, it's great. Everybody knows Disneyland and what it stands for. So we market it to visitors who know Disneyland, and then we let them discover California Adventure."

This one blub means two things:

1. Literal - They 'know Disneyland', Annual Passholders.
                        2. Figurative - Market Disneyland, and hope people go to DCA (see the Monsters' ride campaign).

What it does say, though, is that DCA still rides off the coattails of Disneyland, no matter what.
                        -Monorail Man

Comment

"...but he's spending more time lately at California Adventure."

Totally saw him there when I was working a shift at Wine Country Trattoria last week!
                          Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                          Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                          May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I think it is hopeful that all our comments and opinions about Disney, especially DCA, are not falling on deaf ears. As fans, I think we have a particular interest in quality and innovation. I would hope that Disney would listen to our attempts only at improvement of Disneyland, WDW and DCA. We only desire to see Disney success and grow.

I have great hope for DCA, both because of Ouimett and Lassester. Both men desire to present the best guest experience as possible. I believe that on DCA's 10 anniversary, it WILL be a time for celebration.
                            Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X