Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Which Olympics do you prefer: Winter or Summer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Olympics do you prefer: Winter or Summer?

Which Olympics do you prefer: Winter or Summer?
    Winter
    33.33%
    Summer
    45.83%
    Both
    20.83%

Re: Which Olympics do you prefer: Winter or Summer?

Summer, alot more sports I'm into!!
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

Comment

I like both but I do prefer Winter a little more over summer cause I grew up on skis.

Comment

Winter has bobsledding, curling, and iceskating.

All I watch in summer is gymnastics

Comment

Winter. I Love them both, but Winter gets the Edge.
          -----------------------------------------------
          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Summer, but barely!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Summer, but by a slim margin. I like gymnastics and swimming.

Comment

I would have to say both- Why? Speed Skating! I absolutely love it. Ever since Eric Heiden won the most Gold in Speed Skating! He is now a Doctor in Sports Medicine. He also raced road bicycle's in the 86 Tour De France. I also enjoy the decathlon in Summer and also the 400m relay. And of course Road cycling (Women's and Men's). Also enjoy certain events in Track Cycling(velodrome)Cool stuff.

The calves and quadriceps on these guys in Speed Skating are enormous,they have so much Power and speed!
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

i only like gymnastics and iceskating...oh and sking ....I guess winter...

Comment

I'll keep my response as brief as I can...even though I'm a SoCal guy, I prefer the winter games.

I've now become a figure skating fan more than once every four years...

I love watching the skiing events and the bobsleds (maybe because I've never gotten to use them here)...

I love the hockey because it's (at least in the past) been more fun to watch than the NHL with the different rules...and I do like some pros being able to take part...

Don't care for the Summer games nearly as much.
                    Track and field has always bored me, as well as swimming. Olympic boxing has become a joke in recent years, and while I hated the NBA "dream team" thing it was fun to see a bunch of egotistical overpaid whiners take it in the shorts a few years back...(Can't explain why I feel different about pros in hockey and hoops)...

Having said that it was a thrill to cover the 84 Games here...to see the Opening Ceremony at the Coliseum...and learn everything I could about rowing and canoeing, since I covered some of the best athletes in the world competing at our own very own Lake Casitas, near Ojai in Ventura County, for two weeks (for my local radio station).

That's my feeling...
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

summer for sure!!! i only watch ice skating during winter.

btw, why don't they say winter OLYMPICS? even on the radio, one sports guy said winter olympics & quickly corrected himself and changed it to winter GAMES.
                      <o>

Comment

I like them both. Winter has so many sports in which the athletes can seriously injure themselves. How can one NOT watch it?

Comment

Winter has so many sports in which the athletes can seriously injure themselves. How can one NOT watch it?

Comment

OTOH, I can think only of Gymnastics for Summer. And I watch that, too. Maybe the bicycling.

I like to watch sports in which the athletes are moving faster than a runner. Curling? No. I don't normally get to the Lido Deck until after sunset.

Comment

Winter - curling (ok so it may be a bit more fun to play then watch, I prefer to play), - hockey (I mean where else can you get 13-0 in 98, 16-0, 12-0 this year in women's hockey?) - bobsledding, skiing. Ok so some of these may be more interesting if you play them but still. And there seems to be less "drug" contraversy in Winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X